British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 05/07/21

Got a feeling Carl Johnson might be lined up or allit will step in as team manager 

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well thats Schroeck gone. Anyone heard any Whispers as to who will we get?

You just really do wonder whether there is a more deep seated problem at Kings Lynn.   Well that's half a team and a team manager now gone from Kings Lynn 2021. By "mutual consent" seems to be  the common theme.   "Going in a different direction"   I still cannot undestand the Craig Cook fiasco - once he left KL he hasn't looked back, and yes he cann ride the Kings Lynn track (as he proved last night)

Maybe the trouble starts at the top ?????????????????

Edited by old bob at herne bay
typo

56 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Wrong kind of Visa so rumour has it.

Quite possibly.

But these things can readily be overcome - if there's a will.

Might cost a couple of quid but got to be worth it.

6 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Got a feeling Carl Johnson might be lined up or allit will step in as team manager 

He was in the Panthers side of the pits on Thursday. But you might be right. I pitty whoever it is to be honest. What can they do, other than try and get Wells and Heeps going, or replace them.

The Lynn team was shocking at the start of the season. Someone had to go. 

20 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

You just really do wonder whether there is a more deep seated problem at Kings Lynn.   Well that's half a team and a team manager now gone from Kings Lynn 2021. By "mutual consent" seems to be  the common theme.   "Going in a different direction"   I still cannot undestand the Craig Cook fiasco - once he left KL he hasn't looked back, and yes he cann ride the Kings Lynn track (as he proved last night)

Maybe the trouble starts at the top ?????????????????

Surely Buster signs off Lynn's and Peterborough's team and wages....  WTF is goin on.. Cookie didn't go because of his riding of the Lynn track.

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Just watched the meeting on the box.

Heeps was so slow I thought he was a Deliveroo driver. 

Yeah i think he was riding a 250... He was better 4 days before against the Panthers. I predicted Heeps would be sh@t against his old Witches.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Quite possibly.

But these things can readily be overcome - if there's a will.

Might cost a couple of quid but got to be worth it.

I was under the impression that once a Visa had been gained for the year it couldn't be changed until the next twelve month period? Could well be wrong though.

Has also been my assumption that he isn't interested in riding in the Prem as surely somebody would have signed him by now? He's been here a few seasons and must have been approached. 

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yeah i think he was riding a 250... He was better 4 days before against the Panthers. I predicted Heeps would be sh@t against his old Witches.

I'd get rid of Heeps & Wells

Matty Wethers is having a good season so he's worth a look imo. Sam Jensen is also having a good season in the Championship.

Pep would have his work cut out to a get a win with this lot.:D

Farke might get a draw mind.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I was under the impression that once a Visa had been gained for the year it couldn't be changed until the next twelve month period? Could well be wrong though.

Has also been my assumption that he isn't interested in riding in the Prem as surely somebody would have signed him by now? He's been here a few seasons and must have been approached. 

Don't know the visa rules but some of the higher ups at Edinburgh are expressing surprise he hasn't been signed and they know way more than me. 

Josh is desperate to get a PL spot. His gating was poor at first which might have put some off. But it has really improved now. 

But his passing is fantastic. He'll never be content to pootle round at the back like some were last night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Wrong kind of Visa so rumour has it.

From what I have heard repeatedly on Edinburgh Live Stream Commentary they keep questioning why no Premiership Club has picked up Picko already.  Have never heard either of the commentators mention any stumbling blocks such as wrong type of Visa and both seem to know Josh very well.   Lynn is the type of track which would suit young Josh down to the ground with plenty of grip and wide open spaces to wind it on.  Pickering is certainly one of the most entertaining riders I can recall seeing in recent years.   Every race 100% effort and a never give up attitude and he can score plenty points too ( mostly from the back ).   Try to chose a race of the season and you will find that Josh has been in most of them.  Getting better all the time too - it would be a great shame if was a Visa issue that was keeping him back.   Looks as if KL may well have to go back to the drawing board anyway to turn round their season and this kind of move may prove to be the catalyst. 

Check out some of his races and make up your own mind !

Edited by SlicktrackSandy

8 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

I have have only been to Kings Lynn once back in the 80's, but I am confused by the grilling which appears to encircle the track.  Do you really have to watch the action peering through little square holes?

The fence doesn't spoil viewing in any way,  also makes it much safer for spectators 

I beg to differ , if you are at track level the fence obscures the view. As I have said many times the undoubted cosmetic upgrade of the Stadium has done little or nothing for spectators

• Like 2

I beg to differ too, making it safe is doing a whole lot for the spectators.

It is not just cosmetic