British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 05/07/21

A good performance by Ipswich but in fairness this is Championship speedway. The powers that be need to get the sport sorted and stop pretending. It does not and will not ever compete with Poland so stop dreaming and give joe public regular weekly racing with local riders and teams that the punter can relate to not the mis- mash  you have today and put the meetings on when you have the best chance of a decent gate and stop using the excuse of rider availability. Make work or shut it down.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, topsoil said:

Personally I've got no interest in individual meetings. I support a team, not individual riders.

When I go to a meeting to watch my team I have an emotional investment in it. Each to their own.

Would you not support the individual riders from your team? That was one of the good things about the old individual meetings. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

I remember, and not so long ago either, Ngel would often say prior to Heat 13 each week..

"This could be a Grand Prix Final line up Kelv".. :rolleyes:

Would you like clubs to try and compete with Polish salaries? Bankrupt within a week.

1 minute ago, topsoil said:

Personally I've got no interest in individual meetings. I support a team, not individual riders.

When I go to a meeting to watch my team I have an emotional investment in it. Each to their own.

Would you have an emotional attachment to the Kings Lynn Panthers or the Ipswich Aces tonight?

Said it last week and I'll say it again KL should pull out of the league.

Just risking the clubs future now. Nobody is going to pay £18 to watch the KL side. Lucky Nicholls is guesting otherwise it would be a cricket score.

Just now, norbold said:

Would you not support the individual riders from your team? That was one of the good things about the old individual meetings. 

In the case of a Riders Championship yes, but if teams were done away with and replaced by just individual meeting I think I would lose a lot of interest. Like I say I support a team. Individual riders come and go but the team stays.

1 minute ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Said it last week and I'll say it again KL should pull out of the league.

Just risking the clubs future now. Nobody is going to pay £18 to watch the KL side. Lucky Nicholls is guesting otherwise it would be a cricket score.

You are right,,, it's 20 isn't it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Would you have an emotional attachment to the Kings Lynn Panthers or the Ipswich Aces tonight?

If I supported one of those teams yes. I don't seem to get as hung up on the guest situation as others. If somebody is representing my team, I support them. I must just have a different mentality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Would you like clubs to try and compete with Polish salaries? Bankrupt within a week.

Of course not, they wouldn't have a prayer..

However..

Constantly pretending in the UK that this is a team sport is doing it no favours.. 

The leagues are simply only in situ to provide plenty of rides for the riders, which the clubs could do just the same, but with credibility.....

Well that's as much passing as I've seen at Lynn for a long time but we really are poor, a three man team and well beaten by the second worst team in the 'league'. 

Roll on 2022.....or maybe not. 

You can keep Heeps if you like,,, although he may be back at Foxhall on a sub 4 avarage at this rate 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Well that's as much passing as I've seen at Lynn for a long time but we really are poor, a three man team and well beaten by the second worst team in the 'league'. 

Roll on 2022.....or maybe not. 

Hopefully allit and Peter have nothing to do with team building next season  absolute useless 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Bet the Blue Oyster man cave is rocking at the witches winning !!!!!

Have we... gave up watching after a while... :blink:

11 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Bet the Blue Oyster man cave is rocking at the witches winning !!!!!

The 8 ball rammed hard into the bottom pocket on a regular basis after starting with a three in a bed fest