British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 05/07/21

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

There is plenty wrong at Lynn at the moment but you do go a little OTT at times. 

What's been good over the last four years.....well 2018 was very good and we only missed out on the title because of injuries in the Pkay Offs, we were comfortably the best team despite being tipped to finish bottom. Robert Lambert. Thomas Jorgensen. Richard Lawson. Signing Sam Hagon. All positives, far outweighed by negatives I'd agree but positives nonetheless. 

And all of those I've been positive about, apart from Hagon as I know zero about him. 

So, what's been said that's ott?? 

Has the club deteriorated since Jonathan Chapman?? 

Has the club deteriorated further since Lyon left also?? 

Is the racing anywhere near good enough for admission prices charged?? 

Is there any kind of atmosphere around the stadium?? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nope, you just see what you want to see. 

What have I said that's inaccurate?? I'm up for debate & being proven wrong. Nobody's perfect :t:

I'm constantly called a bad fan, talk nonsense etc etc but nothing is ever argued to put King's Lynn Speedway in a positive way. 

So, what's been good about King's Lynn Speedway for the last 4 years?? 

As Bagpuss has outlined.Plus the racing was OK Monday but you seemed to differ to most.For all the stick you and a couple of others give Trees on her opinions,you are no better but the polar opposite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Imo, KL is a shadow of the "race" track it used to be, that's the reason I have absolutely no interest in attending as a neutral anymore, I used to get along to Lyn about 5 or 6 times a season... I've been 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years

It does always appear "too grippy" when I watch the racing from KL..

The inside in particular being grippy means "follow the leader" racing..

Fast racing certainly, but not very watchable.. 

Then the inside slickens off and the racing becomes "pretty decent" when compared to anywhere..

Not sure its worth grading the track too much after the inside has become slick to be honest as pulling the dirt line back then creates the inside grippy line again for a couple of heats..

And KL do seem to like a good old tractor grade dont they?:D

Starting with a bit less material on the track, (dont hear that too often!), and a couple of less tractor grades, and, given the shape, the racing would be pretty good I would say..

Maybe not as good as I used to watch far too many years ago, but worth watching nevertheless..

20 hours ago, Warriors said:

Doesn't have correct visa.

Obviously he does since he's just signed for Sheffield! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

As Bagpuss has outlined.Plus the racing was OK Monday but you seemed to differ to most.For all the stick you and a couple of others give Trees on her opinions,you are no better but the polar opposite.

You need to re read some threads. I will praise when justified, & criticise when justified. I've even defended the guy who runs the club on this forum who's the reason I don't go anymore, that's called open minded. 

Trees is just all rose tint glasses. 

I'm still waiting for where I've gone OTT though?? 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You need to re read some threads. I will praise when justified, & criticise when justified. I've even defended the guy who runs the club on this forum who's the reason I don't go anymore, that's called open minded. 

Trees is just all rose tint glasses. 

I'm still waiting for where I've gone OTT though?? 

Genuine question, do you ever stop running the club down

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Obviously he does since he's just signed for Sheffield! 

I stand corrected.

• Like 1