British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlieboy

Wolves v Sheffield

Praise to all concerned with the 15 heats being done and dusted in under 90 mins.  Rain was forecast for 9pm and for once arrived as scheduled!  Hopefully with the next home meeting being on Freedom Day we can see a return of a better crowd interaction and wave goodbye to the Covid Marshalls.  :t:

Regarding bates, ive heard he needs the plates in his back straightening so will be likely to be out for the season, hence leicester replacing him, sheffield though will use guests all year for him 100%

As a neutral, it was good to be back at Monmore and to see some action last night. The track was obviously prepared with the probability of rain in mind, so didn't seem to ride as well as usual, but the promotion are to be congratulated on getting through the proceedings just in time to miss the downpour. Downside for me though was the appalling so-called music played at a deafeningly high volume - do they really need to blast everyone's ear drums like this? Plus of course, the irritating performance of the centre green presenter which was as always, way over the top.

On 7/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, Trackerman48 said:

Are you there tonight Steve?

No mate, not there till they lift these stupid restrictions, 

20 hours ago, brianbuck said:

As a neutral, it was good to be back at Monmore and to see some action last night. The track was obviously prepared with the probability of rain in mind, so didn't seem to ride as well as usual, but the promotion are to be congratulated on getting through the proceedings just in time to miss the downpour. Downside for me though was the appalling so-called music played at a deafeningly high volume - do they really need to blast everyone's ear drums like this? Plus of course, the irritating performance of the centre green presenter which was as always, way over the top.

Sorry Brian, but going to have to completely disagree with you regards Porkie the presenter. He always helps to create an atmosphere and is very OTT. Don’t think there are many presenters around that have the same personality and charisma as Porkie. He always involves the travelling supporters and gets a bit of banter going. Sadly lacking in today’s presentation.

Can’t think of anyone better for the job. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Sorry Brian, but going to have to completely disagree with you regards Porkie the presenter. He always helps to create an atmosphere and is very OTT. Don’t think there are many presenters around that have the same personality and charisma as Porkie. He always involves the travelling supporters and gets a bit of banter going. Sadly lacking in today’s presentation.

Very much a case of marmite.

I'm with Brian, but I appreciate that some people do enjoy shtick.

21 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

OK Steve hope to see there after the 19th ?

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

OK Steve hope to see there after the 19th ?

Yea I hope so, hoping to bring my dad along too. Be good to see live speedway again!

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Very much a case of marmite.

I'm with Brian, but I appreciate that some people do enjoy shtick.

Yea I get that, he is a like or loathe sort of presenter. At least he isn’t Peter Yorke!

• Like 1

I could just about put up with him if he would only stop bawling in the middle of the races. Fair enough if there is something exciting going on, but it doesn't have to be every single race. Does he think people can't see for themselves what's happening?