British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent v Eastbourne tues 6th July 6-30pm

Hopefully the weather holds up for this one...Eastbourne look to strong for the Kings on paper ,,But you never know in speedway. Hurry,, hopefully will surprise us all ?,,Heeps,, looked a lot better in the Premier the other night ....What ever the result ,,I am looking forward to seeing Jake Mulford taking a few rider replacement rides,,we certainly have a couple of talented youngsters in him and Dan Gilks,,,,,and with Ben Morley, s  form at home so far really good....Add the ace in the pack Scott Nicholls flying every where,,,,You  have to be positive for the future,,,,,,,.....

Anyone on here with any updates on the weather near Sittingbourne? It’s bright and very breezy here in Herne Bay after overnight rain. 

Nothing on the Kent Kings website so far .......  

17 hours ago, waco said:

Hopefully the weather holds up for this one...Eastbourne look to strong for the Kings on paper ,,But you never know in speedway. Hurry,, hopefully will surprise us all ?,,Heeps,, looked a lot better in the Premier the other night ....What ever the result ,,I am looking forward to seeing Jake Mulford taking a few rider replacement rides,,we certainly have a couple of talented youngsters in him and Dan Gilks,,,,,and with Ben Morley, s  form at home so far really good....Add the ace in the pack Scott Nicholls flying every where,,,,You  have to be positive for the future,,,,,,,.....

Afraid this does not look attractive meeting to me.Weather dodgy....Eagles will probably be too strong...tie over already after 1st leg....Mulford not riding.....Kent too weak and need a couple of new riders.....anyway enjoy if going!!!!! :D;):t::party:

35 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Afraid this does not look attractive meeting to me.Weather dodgy....Eagles will probably be too strong...tie over already after 1st leg....Mulford not riding.....Kent too weak and need a couple of new riders.....anyway enjoy if going!!!!! :D;):t::party:

Other than that, it's going to be great!

• Haha 1

Website updated ....... and states that meeting is still ON with a dry forecast this evening. 

Neither Jake Mulford nor Ryan Kinsley "available" at number 8 . Heeps got 1 point last night at KL.

One for the hardcore supporters ... already a dead rubber ? 

Already difficult to get fans through the gate with the tie largely over and iffy forecast. Only saving grace is that its against the local rivals but RR thrown in to drag the meeting out further i fear is going to be a big no for many. Hope the crowd is enough to cover costs and some of the home riders put up a decent fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Website updated ....... and states that meeting is still ON with a dry forecast this evening. 

Neither Jake Mulford nor Ryan Kinsley "available" at number 8 . Heeps got 1 point last night at KL.

One for the hardcore supporters ... already a dead rubber ? 

Cannot understand how they did not check with young Mulford was not available???....and now Kingsley!!!

Suprised it's on, if I'm honest. After last nights heavy rain, it's still very showery.

Compare and contrast Eastbourne Speedway and Kent Speedway.

Glasgow visit Arlington: The Eagles share information from their own weather guru which once again was totally accurate. They published the information with total transparency. People could see what the club was working on. Here were the facts. The way a speedway club (any club) should treat the supporters. 

When you tell people what is going on, and why . . . a great relationship is built.

Eagles visit Kent: The match is called off at very much the last minute. This is the growing mushrooms method of treating supporters. I know what the track was like and it was in a mess before the rain at 5pm.

A call off this morning is what was really needed but once they saw the track this afternoon, the plug should have been pulled. A 3pm call off would have saved Eastbourne fans a lot of time and money.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Compare and contrast Eastbourne Speedway and Kent Speedway.

Glasgow visit Arlington: The Eagles share information from their own weather guru which once again was totally accurate. They published the information with total transparency. People could see what the club was working on. Here were the facts. The way a speedway club (any club) should treat the supporters. 

When you tell people what is going on, and why . . . a great relationship is built.

Eagles visit Kent: The match is called off at very much the last minute. This is the growing mushrooms method of treating supporters. I know what the track was like and it was in a mess before the rain at 5pm.

A call off this morning is what was really needed but once they saw the track this afternoon, the plug should have been pulled. A 3pm call off would have saved Eastbourne fans a lot of time and money.

Actually I arrived in the stadium at about 5.15 and from the grandstand the track looked fine to me. I was more than surprised to hear that the referee

had stopped it.

Cannot comment on the forecasting powers of the Eastbourne weather  “guru”. Millions of pounds worth of computers have been trying to accurately forecast the weather ... still they get it wrong.  

Maybe you have Mystic Meg down at Eastbourne forecasting your weather.  

For what’s its worth very surprised that there wasn’t an early call off and a re arranged date after “covid unlock” when surely a larger crowd would be in attendance. Living just 20 miles away from Sittingbourne and it has been bright sunshine one minute  then a heavy downpour the next. 

Still, you can get your admission money back ....

• Like 1

So one person saying the track was a mess and another saying it looked fine!

The BSF in a nutshell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was never confident the meeting would be on, considering the amount of rain i went through on the M25. i didn't bother going in, i diverted to a local football match after the plug was pulled.

8 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I was never confident the meeting would be on, considering the amount of rain i went through on the M25. i didn't bother going in, i diverted to a local football match after the plug was pulled.

One look at the rainfall radar at 5pm told me I was right not to travel. See you next Tuesday weather permitting.