British Speedway Forum
chris4gillian

Nicki P in trouble once again and potentially banned!

He was/is always a bit of an ar***ole. When he rode for the "Cheetahs" (albeit short term) he was always looking for trouble and personally I was glad to be rid of him!

• Like 3

Absolute knobhead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The White Knight said:

I'm no fan of Pedersen but this does look like the Referee did have it in for him.

Referees don't half have life easy these days. 'Visiting' the Referee was a common occurrence years ago. It used to entertain the crowd too. I can remember a number of Riders popping into the Referee's box to dispute a decision. It was fun, all the booing and cheering, depending on which team you supported was all part of the Sport and the entertainment.

Ah well, "The past is another country, they do things differently there". (Quote: L. P. Hartley).

Sadly...........................................................

I would agree that part of speedway was the 'aggro' when a rider felt hard done by however I always felt that Nikki Pedersen often took his actions one step too far when on track. Remember when he rode for Oxford he purposely rode straight thru' Lee Richardson knocking him off and was excluded for his actions. Totally uncalled for.

I can see him changing his name to Nicki Pzedersyenski soon... if you get my meaning.

This used to be a regular occurrence and part of the fun of going to speedway.

I remember Rosco doing it at Swindon. Everyone had a laugh and a cheer and a good time with it. Can't have that though, can we!

• Like 7

From the information i have seen, are there two sides to this story? Why was NP excluded three times, is there any internet footage? 

• Like 1

My favourite  "vist to the refs box" was a young Martin Goodwin at Hackney .....who managed to smash a pane of glass in the refs box with his crash hat .  He was lucky he made it back to the pits surrounded as he was by booing Hackney Fans. Gave us all a good laughat the time.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

My favourite  "vist to the refs box" was a young Martin Goodwin at Hackney .....who managed to smash a pane of glass in the refs box with his crash hat .  He was lucky he made it back to the pits surrounded as he was by booing Hackney Fans. Gave us all a good laughat the time.  

Have on film Alan Wilkinson's trip to the box at King's Lynn...wouldn't have wanted to get on the wrong side of "Wilkie".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Have on film Alan Wilkinson's trip to the box at King's Lynn...wouldn't have wanted to get on the wrong side of "Wilkie".

Was that the one where the ladder up to the box was pulled down ??

In my mind that was Alan Wilkinson

9 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

Was that the one where the ladder up to the box was pulled down ??

In my mind that was Alan Wilkinson

Alan slipped up just as he was about to climb the ladder to the great amusement of the crowd. He climbed the ladder and was joined by Team Manager Eric Boocock and if I recall "Wilkie" left having got nowhere pointing to his (Alan's) head obviously making a comment!

Edited by steve roberts