British Speedway Forum
chris4gillian

Nicki P in trouble once again and potentially banned!

excluded 3 times and 3 times he shouldnt have been excluded, the ref had it in for nicki that night, 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Bloke is box office and every promoter in this country would have him in their lineup no question if they could afford him. 100% of the fans would have him also if he was on their team. He’s only a pariah if you don’t have him.....

Personally I was glad to see the back of him...there's one thing being a character but Pedersen (like his brother Ronni) went out of his way to be antagonistic towards opponents and management (got the sack at Cowley) and I grew tired of his tantrums.

Edited by steve roberts

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

excluded 3 times and 3 times he shouldnt have been excluded, the ref had it in for nicki that night, 

Was the ref Frank Ebdon? :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Bloke is box office and every promoter in this country would have him in their lineup no question if they could afford him. 100% of the fans would have him also if he was on their team. He’s only a pariah if you don’t have him.....

Not for me, he was decent for Lynn twenty years ago for a couple of seasons when he was young but looking at the way he cuts up and chops across his team mates in virtually every race for his Polish team wouldn't want him in my side.

He divides opinion, very much a marmite rider but whereas many would describe him as hard I think he is dirty and always has been. Happy to leave absolutely no room and assume that the opponent will shut off or back out.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

Big fan myself but understand not everyone's cup of tea.  Still banging in really good scores in Poland and was a pleasure to watch for Eastbourne.  Plenty of other hard riders out there (Lindgren springs to mind) but think it's amplified by Nicki's character.  If you hear him interviewed and talk to many riders in his peer group he's actually a really decent bloke, just a tough little so and so on the track.  As was said on a previous post, if we had a few more Nickis in speedway then it would certainly increase crowd numbers, love him or hate him, he's box office.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Phil, what did NP do/not do to get his exclusions? Is the any YouTube or other footage? 

11 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Phil, what did NP do/not do to get his exclusions? Is the any YouTube or other footage? 

full meeting here https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1147869219021705&ref=watch_permalink   heats in question are 4, 18 and 20 and i think there is some coverage to the verbal abuse of the ref. Phil the Aces words about the exclusions are his opinion only !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How strange things are.  In the context of a certain Euro football match today we are being told that all Danes are brought up as 'leaders'!!!

Is it likely to be a ban from just Denmark or is it further afield too?  Btw, thanks for all your Euro (Particularly Polish) info Racers & Royals, I watch a lot of it on youtube etc and your ticket info when a went to Wroclaw for a league match a few years ago was invaluable!

• Like 1

Of the three incidents, the only one I would have excluded him for was Ht18.

In Ht4, Kildemand used the old dying swan act. Known for it.

Ht20, Birkmose showed his lack of experience going into a turn. He left a gap which Nicki exploited.

I dont blame him for wanting an explanation from the referee. Maybe he went over the top, I dont know, I wasnt there.

Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, solrac said:

Is it likely to be a ban from just Denmark or is it further afield too?  Btw, thanks for all your Euro (Particularly Polish) info Racers & Royals, I watch a lot of it on youtube etc and your ticket info when a went to Wroclaw for a league match a few years ago was invaluable!

Worldwide- the Poles have officially stated he is banned until January.- thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1

I have a feeling we will be seeing a new rider from Spain, Senor Pedersen! He's put on Instagram that he is en route to the Spanish embassy in Copenhagen to get an NIE number - wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last rider do get a license from another nation!

I have always liked Nicki and am not ashamed to admit it he is box office, there was a lot that went on behind the scenes during his time at Oxford that weren't pubic knowledge and this includes that he wasn't sacked but it was announced as such so that he didn't get a ban for withholding his services! I'm not defending his actions in other situations but at the end of the day Nicki in a team brings in supporters, in this day and age, that is what the sport needs! Off track I have always found him a nice guy even when not in a speedway setting he has always acknowledged us - I know of others that wouldn't give you the time of day!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Debbi said:

I have a feeling we will be seeing a new rider from Spain, Senor Pedersen! He's put on Instagram that he is en route to the Spanish embassy in Copenhagen to get an NIE number - wouldn't be the first and certainly not the last rider do get a license from another nation!

I have always liked Nicki and am not ashamed to admit it he is box office, there was a lot that went on behind the scenes during his time at Oxford that weren't pubic knowledge and this includes that he wasn't sacked but it was announced as such so that he didn't get a ban for withholding his services! I'm not defending his actions in other situations but at the end of the day Nicki in a team brings in supporters, in this day and age, that is what the sport needs! Off track I have always found him a nice guy even when not in a speedway setting he has always acknowledged us - I know of others that wouldn't give you the time of day!

He can become North Korean if he wants- still won’t alter the fact that he is banned worldwide until January, unless he appeals which he is entitled to do.

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He can become North Korean if he wants- still won’t alter the fact that he is banned worldwide until January, unless he appeals which he is entitled to do.

Cheers, I assumed that it would only be a DMU licence that would be affected and if you took out another under a different nationality then fair game!

If talking back to the ref in football was applied there would only be the Goal keepers left playing.

• Like 2