British Speedway Forum
chris4gillian

Nicki P in trouble once again and potentially banned!

Tonights meeting in Poland rained off too!!

On 7/6/2021 at 5:11 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

My favourite  "vist to the refs box" was a young Martin Goodwin at Hackney .....who managed to smash a pane of glass in the refs box with his crash hat .  He was lucky he made it back to the pits surrounded as he was by booing Hackney Fans. Gave us all a good laughat the time.  

That will stick with me. Remember him climbing up and swinging the helmet straight through the glass, then stomping off back to the pits. Don't think much conversation was had!

Edited by June01

16 minutes ago, June01 said:

That will stick with me. Remember him climbing up and swinging the helmet straight through the glass, then stomping off back to the pits. Don't think much conversation was had!

I was not there but remember hearing about it, for some reason the name Lew Stripp springs to mind but it could have been any ref from that era

Just watched the video I can’t see what he did wrong..I just think he puts the fear of god through riders so they slip off nicely and gets him excluded because of his reputation 

• Like 2

Didn’t Goodwin get banned for that incident? Think he tried to play it down afterwards and said his helmet accidentally hit the glass causing it to shatter.

48 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Didn’t Goodwin get banned for that incident? Think he tried to play it down afterwards and said his helmet accidentally hit the glass causing it to shatter.

Think he did but can't remember for how long?

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I believe he told the tribunal he could see straight through the SCB's case and said the whole incident had been a pane

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Pedersen`s appeal has failed- banned for 4 months from yesterday.

Wow...

A problem for Grudziadz then.....

With a must win match to come...

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Wow...

I gather that he is going to further appeal   to a higher authority in Denmark than the DMU

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Wow...

They'll be fishing for a replacement... just hope he doesn't ride in the British Leagues

• Like 1

20 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I gather that he is going to further appeal   to a higher authority in Denmark than the DMU

What is the point in another appeal unless it means he can continue racing until it is next heard. Effectively, it only means around a 6 week ban but it should enable him to do ice speedway after December 10th, if he so wishes.

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

What is the point in another appeal unless it means he can continue racing until it is next heard. Effectively, it only means around a 6 week ban but it should enable him to do ice speedway after December 10th, if he so wishes.

He’s tried long track so why not :lol:

8 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I hays friend who's a lawyer. He once told me that if you appeal against something enough times eventually you'll find someone who agrees with you 

Charlie Webster is very 'appeal' ing to the eye, if I appeal to her many times then does that means she'll agree to marry me? :party:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1