British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Kent - Championship - 9.7.21

Nicholls, Starke & Gilkes could score well, Heeps & Morley have been here before with Hurry & Mulford unknowns. They could TS if behind & keep it close similar to last week. Track prep could be key.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Nicholls, Starke & Gilkes could score well, Heeps & Morley have been here before with Hurry & Mulford unknowns. They could TS if behind & keep it close similar to last week. Track prep could be key.

Yeah we need that grippy outside line that wasn’t there last week 

Top all round team performance tonight. Was really pleasing to see Josh MacDonald in the points too.. Special shout out to Tero who claimed his first paid maximum in 11 years!

Onto Lesta tomorro....

10 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Top all round team performance tonight. Was really pleasing to see Josh MacDonald in the points too.. Special shout out to Tero who claimed his first paid maximum in 11 years!

Onto Lesta tomorro....

Yeah can’t say how happy I am for Josh to come half way around the world to struggle must be so hard. He looked so much better calmer and smoother on the bike tonight also huge well done to Tero talk of riders who deserve a prem spot he’s a man that does in my opinion he was really getting the crowd going tonight and he loved stuffing Nichols twice one of the first times I’ve head a rider yelling over the noise of the crowd and the bikes !

Edited by Ryan555

How has Paul Hurry got a Championship spot!! Truly awful and looks a good couple of stone overweight!! Literally any rider would be a better shout 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

How has Paul Hurry got a Championship spot!! Truly awful and looks a good couple of stone overweight!! Literally any rider would be a better shout 

Yeah he looked very slow and yes my mum turned to me and said he looks a bit hefty for a speedway rider !!!

My first ever visit to Scunthorpe speedway last night. Some good races although score was very one sided. Meeting all done in an hour and quarter. Other clubs could learn a lot from Scunthorpe. Enjoyable night out.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Have to agree...really thought it was a joke when he was announced in the team!!!!

To think he replaced Covatti....I do not think he is even NDL standard at his age and all the injuries he`s had?

Jake Mulford looks a good prospect. He was on the pace in each of his rides. Much better than Hurry.

31 minutes ago, mrss said:

Jake Mulford looks a good prospect. He was on the pace in each of his rides. Much better than Hurry.

Yeah he showed more pace than his 1 point and agree more chance of him scoring than hurry 

2 hours ago, mrss said:

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah he showed more pace than his 1 point and agree more chance of him scoring than hurry 

I was very impressed with him last week at Belle Vue. Will be keeping a keen eye on this young man

If Kent keep Mulford for next year he'll be a 1* rising star, if they put him in the team this year he'll be a minimum 2*, better to save him for next year imo!

45 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If Kent keep Mulford for next year he'll be a 1* rising star, if they put him in the team this year he'll be a minimum 2*, better to save him for next year imo!

If I was a Kent supporter, I'd rather see the best seven tracked NOW, rather than wait to 2022 in order that Mulford rising star level remains at 1.

As the rules state at the moment, it would not matter if he was a 1* or a 2*, 2* is the minimum. Even if Kent put him in the team & he gets an average, based on experience I would not think he will be greater than 2*.

It has not been mentioned anywhere,& I have asked a few times this year, what happens to this years Rising Stars for 2022? If they get an average will they move up or even out of the Rising Star status, as it has already been said for 2022 there will be 2 Rising Stars per team in Premiership & Championship.