British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Ipswich v Belle Vue 8 July

7 minutes ago, Badge said:

So Jake has had 2 terrible meetings,  both televised :blink: prior to those he's been excellent. 

:rolleyes:

You’re clearly a fan Badge and have defended the boy a few times, and that’s absolutely ok. We’ll agree to disagree. 

I personally don’t think he’s been “excellent” other than those two televised meetings at all, that’s quite a stretch. He’s scored well enough in a handful of meetings sure, but without looking particularly impressive whilst doing so. Just doesn’t look anywhere near the rider of 2019 for me, SO FAR. 

Time for that to change obviously. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Badge said:

So Jake has had 2 terrible meetings,  both televised :blink: prior to those he's been excellent. 

:rolleyes:

I agree, that's why the last two have been surprising...

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

You’re clearly a fan Badge and have defended the boy a few times, and that’s absolutely ok. We’ll agree to disagree. 

I personally don’t think he’s been “excellent” other than those two televised meetings at all, that’s quite a stretch. He’s scored well enough in a handful of meetings sure, but without looking particularly impressive whilst doing so. Just doesn’t look anywhere near the rider of 2019 for me, SO FAR. 

Time for that to change obviously. 

Isn’t every uk speedway rider up and down in scoring ,no track the same week in week out,think witches need to get track sorted for some passing , Allen been the anchor for 2 seasons,no doubt he will make those doubters eat some humble pie, someone said he was running in new spokes on new rims ,if so they should be right to go

6 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Isn’t every uk speedway rider up and down in scoring ,

Indeed I recently saw him three times in three days (riding for three different teams!). He was excellent in one, rubbish in one and ok in the third. 

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Is the weather going to win this one? 

What forecast you looking at, looks fine to me. 

21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

You mean you wished Ipswich had a half fit struggling Crump riding so your team had a better chance of winning? At least be honest rather than chucking a sly barb in. 

No. We are asking is Jason fit or isn't he?. It's not rocket science. He rode friday so he is fit.End of story. No team wants to see a hollow victory.

Edited by one of clubs
additions.

20 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

No. We are asking is Jason fit or isn't he?. It's not rocket science. He rode friday so he is fit.End of story. No team wants to see a hollow victory.

He didn’t ride on Friday as it was rained off! 

1 hour ago, one of clubs said:

46 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

He rode at Ipswich on the 28th June but he wasn’t fit to ride.

He was in so much pain that he couldn’t turn the bike!

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

That was my mistake, i forgot it was rained off. The point is that he was declared as being in the team, as far as i can see.

I don't think so. He was in hospital so people know he was injured. A doctor never refuses to sign you off if you want to be anyway, ooh oww yeah just there. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

16 hours ago, one of clubs said:

The point is that he was declared as being in the team, as far as i can see.

By Plymouth, not Ipswich. Look, we know how it is, you Belle Vue fans would much rather see a half fit Crump struggle to a few points to give your team a much better chance to grab 3 or even 4 points (you might still get them anyway!), we get it. 

As I’ve already said, if Plymouth were prepared to take the hit and still include him without him being 100% fit, then that’s their prerogative. What’s that got to do with Ipswich?

Their stance, is they’re going to wait until he’s 100% and will do the team justice, which surely they’re more than entitled to do? I’ve even seen Ipswich fans question Ipswich here which to be honest, has totally baffled me. 

Why should Ipswich give their opponents an advantage before the tapes rise in the first heat by fielding a 45 year old bloke who only a few weeks ago broke 8 ribs and isn’t yet totally fit? Are you THAT desperate for success???

Ipswich have a business to run, have little to no chance of making the play offs, and up until Monday had lost 7 matches on the spin. They need supporters through the gate as much as everyone else so they’re quite right not to gamble on the fitness of their number 1 until he’s back to full fitness. To me it’s very simple!

• Like 3