British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Ipswich v Belle Vue 8 July

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps he should've got Cam to carry his clubs today to conserve energy...

Personally, i would have used a buggy if i was riding in a meeting just a few hours later, but then i'm the extreme professional lazy bugga...;)

• Haha 1

One of the better meetings I've seen at Foxhall for a few years,,, first full max from an ipswich rider in top league for a while,,, awesome from Cook,,, and Starke is a proper racer trying his heart out.   Masters was a decent guest. Kurtz, Bewley and the Worralls all had their good races, and Brennan was impressive for an RS rider. 

• Like 2

Was the best meeting I've seen at Foxhall for some time with two teams prepared to race and the track having more than one line. Congrats to all at Ipswich Witches. 

For the Crump moaners on here, he was injured, tried to ride once and was clearly not fit and he hasn't ridden since. Therefore a guest is perfectly legitimate and a team will always choose someone in form. 

• Like 3

Another good meeting. Absolute cracker of a heat involving Allen Bewley and King. I’ve no idea what happened to Allen off the final bend as I was watching King’s theatrics after grinding to a halt but I’d assumed Allen had it sewn up until I looked back to see Bewely cross the line first!?

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Another good meeting. Absolute cracker of a heat involving Allen Bewley and King. I’ve no idea what happened to Allen off the final bend as I was watching King’s theatrics after grinding to a halt but I’d assumed Allen had it sewn up until I looked back to see Bewely cross the line first!?

He lifted coming out of last bend and headed towards the fence.  I must admit I was watching Allen closely tonight,,, he don't half lift alot. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Bored now....

if you cant beat them... join them. 

ive had enough, staying at home.  sport is a joke :angry:

I said a long time on here,”best to go and just  enjoy the racing” it can’t be compared to football or other team sports. The rules, way it’s run ….etc. Good to see a few ex Comets doing well. Rules……..agh!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, comet49 said:

I said a long time on here,”best to go and just  enjoy the racing” it can’t be compared to football or other team sports. The rules, way it’s run ….etc. Good to see a few ex Comets doing well. Rules……..agh!

Spot on...

The 19 people who run the sport in the UK obviously 100% know that the way they run it won't ever get any cut through with a wider sporting audience, nor get any mainstream coverage, nor bring in any large companies to sponsor it with big money, however..

They seem more than happy with what they deliver, so what we have now is simply what we will always get...

The downside to it is the obvious one of over time, you will inevitably lose more fans than you attract, but the upside is that 'ringers' getting brought it will, in the vast majority of meetings, keep the score close, and the racing very watchable...

A perfect storm for me personally, as I can watch UK Speedway on Eurosport "just for the racing" not caring who wins, and just "enjoy it", and with the money I save by not regularly attending, get to go over to Poland to watch "Real Team Speedway" several times a year, as well as attending a fair few FIM events...

(Hopefully a soon to return scenario, with a Wroclaw play off and possibly a final on the agenda)...

A 'win/win' for me in modern parlance I believe.....  ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Was the best meeting I've seen at Foxhall for some time with two teams prepared to race and the track having more than one line. Congrats to all at Ipswich Witches. 

For the Crump moaners on here, he was injured, tried to ride once and was clearly not fit and he hasn't ridden since. Therefore a guest is perfectly legitimate and a team will always choose someone in form. 

I don't have an Iron in this fire but to be scrupulously fair Crump was at Glasgow last Friday night and would have ridden for Plymouth but for the usual Glasgow summer weather. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

I don't have an Iron in this fire but to be scrupulously fair Crump was at Glasgow last Friday night and would have ridden for Plymouth but for the usual Glasgow summer weather. 

And quite possibly crump could of had one ride, struggled and then replaced by reserves for the rest of the meeting, who knows until Plymouth next race

• Like 1

8 hours ago, comet49 said:

I would enjoy the racing.... but what's to enjoy at the moment? Speedway got stale at Foxhall a few years back, a few of us tried and succeeded in bringing some fun to the night with various instruments and themes. Hi vis night and buffet night being 2. ( a wallpaper pasting table was even bought in and set up to aid with the last) :D A combination of not sitting together with mates and poor racing led me to not going last night through choice... 1st time in years. 

The 15 heats actually stop the conversations we are having ... rather than the heat action making the next  conversation . 

I'm able to watch "proper speedway" on a sunday from Poland . Then the circus act on Eurosport on a Monday with good company :drink:

Did I miss going last night ? No. And i know i wont be the only one in this position. Yes I checked on the scores through the night. ( 1st time about 8 when I then remembered it was on)  But would I get value for my £19 .... not a chance. Would I go if it was less probably not. 

It's now another 2 weeks before speedway at Foxhall is back... Will I be ? It could be 50/50 but edging more towards giving it a miss...

• Like 1

Well I enjoyed that last night, I know for one night only Sam Masters was a witch but he was a decent guest. With no camera's Jake was a lot better and a faultless Cook gave the fans something to cheer. Well done Belle vue for keeping it close. 

Also Jordan Stewart was spannering for Sam so was nice to catch up with him. 

Next meeting should be back to pre covid rules so to mask or not is a personal choice and you should all be able to reclaim your seats.

• Like 1

Yep good to see a witches victory, especially the top of ladder leaders, a decent number one the ticket, cookie also class act, they will all fire at once and have good luck sooner than later just hope they don’t run out of time ,go the witch

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Well I enjoyed that last night, I know for one night only Sam Masters was a witch but he was a decent guest. With no camera's Jake was a lot better and a faultless Cook gave the fans something to cheer. Well done Belle vue for keeping it close. 

Also Jordan Stewart was spannering for Sam so was nice to catch up with him. 

Next meeting should be back to pre covid rules so to mask or not is a personal choice and you should all be able to reclaim your seats.

Agree Badge for all the doom and gloom on here, I thoroughly enjoyed it too. Was some terrific racing. Cookie was top class. 

On the Covid thing, I hope you’re right. But I’ve a nagging feeling that on Monday when the easing of restrictions are set to be rubber stamped, that he might do a u turn and keep some of them in place due to the rising infections. Mask wearing might be one of them. 

We’ll see. 

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Fair enough, I understand better what you were saying now and I'm sorry if I was a bit sharp. However current form has no immediate effect on a riders average, although it will enhance his rolling average eventually.

I don't know why Drew Kemp doesn't have an average when he's completed more than the required 4 home and 4 away meetings, I'll ask the question!

And did you get a reply ?