British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Ipswich v Belle Vue 8 July

14 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

So last week we legally used Anders Rowe as he is rated 4 star the same as Josh Bates  then ? !!

Correct

16 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

So last week we legally used Anders Rowe as he is rated 4 star the same as Josh Bates  then ? !!

La lal lal la la la lal la la :D:P

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

Statistics such as these are purely for information, and to give some indication of current form. They are NOT the official averages that govern our sport which are the Green Sheets (GSAs) that appear on the Speedway GB site.

21 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Correct

Thanks for the confirmation Neil I thought I was right   The guesting rule seems to confuse some people but it’s understandable when it doesn’t suit your team. I wouldn’t want us to be accused of cheating. Sedgeman is on the market now for any teams with injured riders looking for replacements 

Edited by Charlieboy
Duplicated post
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ouch said:

Aces fans absolutely do not want to see a half fit Crump limping round, we love him, he’s an Ace. 

We wanted to see the 2021 Crump ride with his 6.09 average but instead we have maximum man Masters on his 8.00 average.

“Are you ok to ride Jason, sure am I’m riding for Plymouth tonight. Is it ok if we leave you out as we can get a much better rider than you even if fully fit? Er ok, won’t that look bad. 
Don’t care!”

I don’t think Crump has had enough matches to get a new average so if he is unable to ride, a replacement is allowed using his current GSA - assessed or otherwise.  Nothing wrong there.

Edited by Steve0

33 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Statistics such as these are purely for information, and to give some indication of current form. They are NOT the official averages that govern our sport which are the Green Sheets (GSAs) that appear on the Speedway GB site.

We wanted to see the 2021 Crump ride with his 6.09 average but instead we have maximum man Masters on his 8.00 average.

4 minutes ago, ouch said:

You’ve already said that, but however many times you repeat it it’s still nonsense

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Except of course for Issue 3 which Ipswich were allowed to ignore in signing Craig Cook

• Like 3

Its tipping it down just south of Norwich, anybody got a weather report for the Ipswich area?

32 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

You’ve already said that, but however many times you repeat it it’s still nonsense

You said those stats give some indication of current form. I said Aces wanted to see the current (2021) Crump ride in a meeting that in less than 90 minutes I can describe as currently happening. 
GP organisers, when picking series wildcards, bookies, fans and team managers booking guests all look at current form when making their decisions. 

You’re entitled to your opinion that it’s nonsense but I’ll have to disagree with you, currently. 

Anyway, I’m not trying to look clever as there is so much I don’t know and you can help me there. 

Why doesn’t Kemp have an average?

4 minutes ago, ouch said:

You said those stats give some indication of current form. I said Aces wanted to see the current (2021) Crump ride in a meeting that in less than 90 minutes I can describe as currently happening. 
GP organisers, when picking series wildcards, bookies, fans and team managers booking guests all look at current form when making their decisions. 

You’re entitled to your opinion that it’s nonsense but I’ll have to disagree with you, currently. 

Anyway, I’m not trying to look clever as there is so much I don’t know and you can help me there. 

Why doesn’t Kemp have an average?

Fair enough, I understand better what you were saying now and I'm sorry if I was a bit sharp. However current form has no immediate effect on a riders average, although it will enhance his rolling average eventually.

I don't know why Drew Kemp doesn't have an average when he's completed more than the required 4 home and 4 away meetings, I'll ask the question!

Two successive lasts for Danny. Maybe he's knackered after his 18 holes of golf earlier today...

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Two successive lasts for Danny. Maybe he's knackered after his 18 holes of golf earlier today...

Perhaps he should've got Cam to carry his clubs today to conserve energy...

• Haha 1