British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BANDITS v MONARCHS (Saturday, July 10th - 7pm)

Wow didn't expect this. 

Everyone a race winner. 

Big improvement over the previous evening. 

Shame 2 heat wins got away! 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, emilali said:

For a team clearly put together with a sole intention to just win at home this is now the 3rd defeat in 6 home meetings I believe? Surely even 2 or 3 of the happy clappers are going to be unimpressed after this .

Not to worry - mystery solved.  The Monarchs Website Match Scores Scorechart quotes John Campbell as being Bandits Team Manager for the night.  There really had to be an alternative explanation for that result.  

• Haha 1

Those of a nervous disposition might want to take a night off from this forum.

• Haha 1

Will be back when there’s an apology for tonight’s performance, and a team change of some description, as at least 3 of those lot are not fit to wear the Bandits colours

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Normski said:

Berwick to win this 49-41

Oops

Might need to find some old turf and narrow the bends to where they used to be.At least we just got beat in the old days not embarrassed.

• Sad 1

Here goes. Only one thing you can say about tonight. Outclassed on every level from start to finish. Outgated all night. That’s prob one of the best away performances you’ll see in a long time . Nice to see all the monarchs fans sticking around for the second half. If some of the main team had hung around they could have seen some other lines on the track by watching Greg Blair.that lad is pure entertainment. I’m sure there will be an inquest but that’s down to the manager . 

• Like 4

A result like this has been coming. You can't rely on a number 7 to get you out of trouble every week. 

• Like 4

Absolute shocker of a night, I don’t mind getting beat but to get beat with no fight at all is shocking!!, that defeat has been coming because Leon and Danny have carried that team since the season started!, out of the 7 there is only 3 riders who can be saved from that performance tonight, Danny and Leon because they have carried us and of course Kasper with it only being his first home meeting. Other 4 had no fight in them and looked like they weren’t bothered win -lose or draw!!, Kyle Bickley looks as if he has no interest in on being on that bike what so ever. I’m no track expert but to me it looks like there’s not enough dirt on it to provide racing and there’s no moisture at all in it, new track and new lines I don’t think so, riders are riding the track the exact same as the old one, Greg Blair was the only rider that rode near the boards and the only rider tonight that gave us any entertainment!!. Something has to happen after that!

Edited by one arm bandit
  • Like 3

Poor Leon was battered and bruised from last nights fall at Armadale which explains his performance tonight. As for the rest of them, no excuse, Dany excepted. 
Weathers drops a couple of points from 6 rides with Newcastle last week, scores 3 tonight. Go figure. 
Etheridge is becoming a major problem. Wasn’t scoring at 3 and well out of his depth at 1.

Virtually guaranteed an away 1-5 in heats 13 & 15

If you’re thinking of putting a side like this out next season then don’t bother. Just close the club down or drop down a league. 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

Sounds like we have to improve a bit to have any chance against Leicester in the Cup final

4 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Poor Leon was battered and bruised from last nights fall at Armadale which explains his performance tonight. As for the rest of them, no excuse, Dany excepted. 
Weathers drops a couple of points from 6 rides with Newcastle last week, scores 3 tonight. Go figure. 
Etheridge is becoming a major problem. Wasn’t scoring at 3 and well out of his depth at 1.

If you’re thinking of putting a side like this out next season then don’t bother. Just close the club down or drop down a league. 

Better opposition tonight?

• Like 1

Wow!!!! Simply wow!!! 
I was sitting earlier thinking this is my 20th solid year following Berwick.. I had a few years in and out in mid 90s… but Jesus Christ that was the most disappointing performance I think I have EVER seen!
Nowt can be said about Leon… he had a rough come off last night and looked to be suffering a wee bit tonight but that laddy has carried our arses this year… he’s rode with pride wearing his colours and if everyone had the same attitude as him we would be laughing…

But jeez… 2 heat wins all night … nah! Pure and utter piss take that!! We were 2nd beat in every department tonight! Something has to change!! Try and salvage some pride from this… just try! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Virtually guaranteed an away 1-5 in heats 13 & 15

Etheridge been going fairly well for BV and utter dross for Berwick. Summers should be gone tonight.

Totally agree with your last paragraph. Nobody expects the club to be bankrupted attempting to win the league but whats actually the point in putting a team like this out year after year. 

• Like 3