British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP 2021 rounds 1 and 2 Prague Fri/Sun 16th/18th July live on BT Sport

“All fans will need to wear an FFP2, KN95 or certified nano face mask for the duration of the event, and prove their Covid-19 status to gain entry to Marketa Stadium using one of the following methods:”

noticed this special mask requirement wasn’t enforced, nobody was wearing masks. 

15 hours ago, enotian said:

I noticed the same.  Isn't there a worldwide doping ban on Russian athletes/sportspersons.  Something to do with the Russian Fereration refusing to co-operate with WADA. So I think Russian competitors have to compete as athletes without representation or some such description, hence no flag.  I then think it's up to the sports governing body to decide if any Russia nationals are allowed to compete.  Presumably on the basis that they believe them to be free of doping and/or that the individuals have co-operated in testing.

I think the same will apply at the Olympics. Although in the Euro's the team was definitely referred to as Russia.

Interesting to see what happens at the SON.  Are Sayfutidinov and Laguta still the defending champs?

Noticed on the official FIM results that "Russia" was omitted alongside Sayfutdinov and Lagutas names.

13 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I may be wrong but I think the rider's running the Anlas tyres were 1st & 2nd more often than Mitas & carried far greater straight line speeds too. 

Any stato to verify?? 

It would be nice to see which tyre each rider is using & engine manufacturer / tuner

To verify what exactly or just to knock Speedway :nono:which is a sport you now have no interest in. :wink:

48 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

To verify what exactly or just to knock Speedway :nono:which is a sport you now have no interest in. :wink:

I still watch all Speedway online / TV. 

I'm just not wasting money trackside on the UK dross if that's ok 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I still watch all Speedway online / TV. 

I'm just not wasting money trackside on the UK dross if that's ok 

which goes against your profile interests of

"Interests: sport, sport, and more sport but not Speedway " :oops: :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, norbold said:

You couldn't very well miss it!

Did somebody mention it then? :party:

1 hour ago, andout said:

Noticed on the official FIM results that "Russia" was omitted alongside Sayfutdinov and Lagutas names.

Are they from "the land that time forgot"?

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

If the ban is upheld by Wada's executive committee at a meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland, on 9 December, and backed by the Court of Arbitration should Russia contest it, it would not include the European Championship as Uefa is not defined as a 'major event organisation' in regards to rulings on anti-doping breaches :D

Yeah, it seems to just be global events that are impacted. Russians in the SEC we're allowed to have their National identity as FIME events are not covered by the ban.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

which goes against your profile interests of

"Interests: sport, sport, and more sport but not Speedway " :oops: :rolleyes:

That was an angry 2018 statement, just haven't changed it & can't be a$$ed to still :lol::t:

Anyone one know what the weather is like in Prague ? Forecast does not look good, only asking as I've a 40 minutes walk to pub to watch it, don't fancy turning back round if off !!

2 minutes ago, Neila said:

Anyone one know what the weather is like in Prague ? Forecast does not look good, only asking as I've a 40 minutes walk to pub to watch it, don't fancy turning back round if off !!

Don't mention weather forecasts! I mentioned it once... and didn't get away with it :lol:

Touch and go, I'd say.

https://weather.com/en-GB/weather/radar/interactive/l/2dcf05dd14240a44e1a853ad63211c01b751cc20647bcd75f3bbc4bd51b9649a

Edited by iainb

9 minutes ago, Neila said:

Raining and getting heavier