British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP 2021 rounds 1 and 2 Prague Fri/Sun 16th/18th July live on BT Sport

28 minutes ago, screm said:

Dont suppose there was any news at the track of a date for next years Prague SGP

Contracts have to be done with Eurosport events 1st before any dates.

18 hours ago, Navigator1900 said:

Good meeting, but I wonder what exactly went wrong for Emil in the final heat?

17 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Set up troubles maybe,it’s not usual for him to be caught after a lap,bike looks slow( of maybe he is getting older).

While Sayfutdinov looked slow in the final, don't forget he was passed by 3 world class riders!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, iainb said:

Nice of KK to make a point of saying hello to his British fans last night. Was it a come and get me call I wonder?

20 hours ago, Red Flag said:

Who the hell would want him

The British League is a lot weaker than the Polish League, so he'd be a top rider over here!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While Sayfutdinov looked slow in the final, don't forget he was passed by 3 world class riders!

Agree,but usually Emil is very fast when in front not often passed,seemed to be riding a tighter line for some reason.History now though.Artum is not renowned for passing but you could see he had much more speed.IMO

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The British League is a lot weaker than the Polish League, so he'd be a top rider over here!

No denying it’s much weaker over here but you have to factor in his can’t be arsed and stuff the fans attitude that has seen him bombed out of every team he’s rode for

22 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Enjoying the different coverage- lot more interviews than the normal BT studio.

Was thinking on Friday they didn’t show any interviews. Just shows that when they go to to the studio they miss all the interviews!

20 hours ago, jaykay2PT said:

At last! A grand Prix that I could watch, and enjoy, with the sound on, BT please stick with these two commentators , Kelvin is very knowledgable (as an ex rider) and is NOT trying to tell us how much he knows all the time!  Bravo

p.s. I watch MOTOGP with the option to have the bike sound on and the commentary off!

They don’t work for BT, they work for BSI and do the commentary on the world feed so any  English speaking countries round the world. 

35 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Was thinking on Friday they didn’t show any interviews. Just shows that when they go to to the studio they miss all the interviews!

Just wish that they all knew that Marcelina is Marcelina and not the 3+ different versions given over the weekend :)

since she married a few weeks ago she must have the longest surname in Speedway

Rutkowska- Konikiewicz.

edit she does seem to call herself Marcela on instagram ! 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Just wish that they all knew that Marcelina is Marcelina and not the 3+ different versions given over the weekend :)

since she married a few weeks ago she must have the longest surname in Speedway

Rutkowska- Konikiewicz.

edit she does seem to call herself Marcela on instagram ! 

Two letters more than Parkinson-Blackburn!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, neb said:

what a breath of fresh air it was listening to Chris louis who actually knows what he is talking about instead of the clueless screaming Pearson, more of Chris louis for me please.

So much more enjoyable without all that screaming.

• Like 8

It really a fan of Marketa stadium and Friday evening/Sunday afternoon hasn’t changed anything. It because it’s a GP and the riders will give it everything that saves the event being a complete non event.        
Some of the racing was sensational, most of it pretty much standard, bordering boring.        
It seems no one has a super fast engine. Madsen , Freddie and Emil usually fly when in the lead. Just pretty standard over the two meetings. Ok, Zmarzlik pulled out a big lead in one race, so did Laguta and Janowski.  Perhaps with all the good tuners about the standard of tuning is equalising, so negating it.             
Still not too sure about this points system. Already seems a big lead between 1st and 2nd and that’s just after two meetings. It is what it is, suppose will get used to it.

I think the racing over the last 3 or 4 years is better than it used to be at Prague, I don't know if that is down to the current crop of riders or the track prep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eric i said:

I think the racing over the last 3 or 4 years is better than it used to be at Prague, I don't know if that is down to the current crop of riders or the track prep.

There's been some cracking GP's there in the past, used to love watching Crumpy blasting round the bends up at the fence

6 hours ago, Red Flag said:

stuff the fans attitude that has seen him bombed out of every team he’s rode for

He went out of his way to say hello to them... he didn't have to