British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar V Birmingham

This is not going to be easy with injuries added to the RR 

Rory Schlein and Stefan Nielsen guest in place of injured duo Erik Riss and Valentin Grobauer in Friday’s return to action at Redcar.

But some of the Brummies team have not raced for a few weeks so maybe rusty

Got my excuses in early :lol:

33 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Rory Schlein and Stefan Nielsen guest in place of injured duo Erik Riss and Valentin Grobauer in Friday’s return to action at Redcar.

But some of the Brummies team have not raced for a few weeks so maybe rusty

Got my excuses in early :lol:

Shhh don't let them complain about the guests being too good:D

• Like 1

Schlien is good but not as good as Riss around Redcar , Neilson is a definite upgrade on Grauber. Big danger to us is Castagna who flys at Redcar.

Don’t know who we have for Rowe 

Forecast showery rain from mid afternoon tomorrow. Hopefully not like last week where the rain affected the track early on.

Need a home win but it’s been hard with R/R. Lots of teams riding tomorrow which has limited our choice of guest for Anders. 

Edited by Yearbyred

REDCAR: Charles Wright, James Sarjeant, Jake Allen, Jordan Stewart R/R, Michael Palm Toft, Drew Kemp, Jordan Jenkins.

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Stefan Nielsen, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Rory Schlein, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas.

Think it will be a very close match could go to the last heat

If Kemp rides as well for us as he did against us, I’ll be very happy. 

Good practice for him for the British U19 final too.

Wright fell in his first ride tonight and withdrawn from the rest of the meeting.

Must be a major doubt for tomorrow now. Bears having a rough time of it at the moment.

Charles declared himself fit so will be riding tonight.Hopefully he has made the right decision.

Light showers forecast early evening but should be ok.

Well a win for the Bears, which is a relief after recent results, but a far from comfortable one. The inconsistencies, particularly out of the gate, continue and they seem to make it hard work every week.

Birmingham will probably feel they could have got more than the point they did get, particularly in how Heat 13 played out, although that did allow them to bring in Harris in Heat 14 to replace the ineffective Morris, so it probably evened out. 

Heat 13 was controversial. From my position Charles should have been excluded in the first running, he picked up drive and took Schlein off clearly and it wasn’t first bend bunching. Re-run I think the ref was correct  - Charles was ahead and headed for the dirt on turn 3 and Harris just kept it wound on and ran out of room. Throttle works both ways, as they say.

Big thanks to Drew Kemp who was an excellent guest and just have a decent chance next week in the U19 final. Bears might have no riders in the lineup after Jenkins crash, which is a shame.

Nielsen and Schlein were good guests for the Brummies and I thought Thomas was unlucky to only score 1, kept MPT very honest in Heat 13.

Just once this year I’d like a comfortable home victory and a bit more consistency from the Bears.

Good win for bears!

Brummies were unlucky not to come away with more, especially in heat 13 with Charles Wright getting to much drive and coming together with Schlein. I do believe in the re run Harris fell without any contact which was a shame. 

Thanks to Drew Kemp for the big score at reserve :)

Very honest comments from both yearbyred and, Bearlt. As a Brummies fan, I totally agree that Wright got away with knocking Schlein  off in heat 13 snd, that it was the correct decision to also exclude Bomber in the heat 13 rerun.
Yes, the 5-1 allowed us to bring in Harris as a tac sub in heat 14 so yes, it did somewhat  level it out but the fact that the heat 13 crash kept Schlein out of heat 15, hurt our chances and in my opinion, cost us League points 
On top of that, I felt Jenkins was very lucky not to be excluded for bringing down Nielsen  in their first clash !!!  
also hest 13 meant  Schlein  was injured snd unable to come out in heat 15 which was a double whammy snd the difference between getting one match point snd possibly sll three points. 
Have to  say, it was a cracking meeting on a cracking race surface with a very friendly  set of home fans. 
it would  have been very unjust if we hadn’t got something out of the meeting. 
a thoroughly enjoyable night of Speedway

Loads of praise for how well both Drew kemp  rode as a guest for Redcar as  his scoring  (other than that controversial heat 13),  turned out to be the difference snd, also great praise to Stefan Nielsen who rode well as a guest for us 

Edited by the hobbit

6 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Very honest comments from both yearbyred and, Bearlt. As a Brummies fan, I totally agree that Wright got away with knocking Schlein  off in heat 13 snd, that it was the correct decision to also exclude Bomber in the heat 13 rerun. Yes, the 5-1 allowed us to bring in Harris as a tac sub in heat 14 so yes, it did somewhat  level it out but not entirely as no way would it  have been a Redcar 5-1 in heat 13 snd we only got a 4-2 in heat 14. 
On top of that, I felt Jenkins was very lucky not to be excluded for bringing down Nielsen  in their first clash !!!  
also hest 13 meant  Schlein  was injured snd unable to come out in heat 15 which was a double whammy snd the difference between getting one match point snd possibly sll three points. 
Have to  say, it was a cracking meeting on a cracking race surface with a very friendly  set of home fans. 
it would  have been very unjust if we hadn’t got something out of the meeting. 
a thoroughly enjoyable night of Speedway

Loads of praise for how well both Drew kemp  rode as a guest for Redcar as  his scoring  (other than that controversial heat 13),  turned out to be the difference snd, also great praise to Stefan Nielsen who rode well as a guest for us 

Heat 14 was a 5-1 to the Brummies and Kemp wasn’t in Heat 13 but apart from that glad you enjoyed the night and the racing.

Edited by Yearbyred