British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

Redcar V Birmingham

Sorry yearbyred. It was very late in the night when I wrote that so was half  asleep. !!!  You are correct , my apologies.

original post edited  

fact is, it was a cracking meeting on a brilliantly prepared race surface. A bit is spice along the way to keep us entertained snd, give us things to debate.  
a very fair snd balanced match report on the Bests official site. 
hope Jordan Jenkins is back ASAP. 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Sorry yearbyred. It was very late in the night when I wrote that so was half  asleep. !!!  You are correct , my apologies.

original post edited  

fact is, it was a cracking meeting on a brilliantly prepared race surface. A bit is spice along the way to keep us entertained snd, give us things to debate.  
a very fair snd balanced match report on the Bests official site. 
hope Jordan Jenkins is back ASAP. 

We have a very good and fair race track here which gives us little home track advantage, but produces very good racing as just about all opposition riders feel comfortable.

Harris rides it as well as anybody and enjoyed watching Shanes and a few others really give it a good go.

15 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Well a win for the Bears, which is a relief after recent results, but a far from comfortable one. The inconsistencies, particularly out of the gate, continue and they seem to make it hard work every week.

Birmingham will probably feel they could have got more than the point they did get, particularly in how Heat 13 played out, although that did allow them to bring in Harris in Heat 14 to replace the ineffective Morris, so it probably evened out. 

Heat 13 was controversial. From my position Charles should have been excluded in the first running, he picked up drive and took Schlein off clearly and it wasn’t first bend bunching. Re-run I think the ref was correct  - Charles was ahead and headed for the dirt on turn 3 and Harris just kept it wound on and ran out of room. Throttle works both ways, as they say.

Big thanks to Drew Kemp who was an excellent guest and just have a decent chance next week in the U19 final. Bears might have no riders in the lineup after Jenkins crash, which is a shame.

Nielsen and Schlein were good guests for the Brummies and I thought Thomas was unlucky to only score 1, kept MPT very honest in Heat 13.

Just once this year I’d like a comfortable home victory and a bit more consistency from the Bears.

Good match report. Birmingham pushed us well and on balance probably deserved their point. The meeting next week is the under 21 final not the under 19 final!!

8 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Good match report. Birmingham pushed us well and on balance probably deserved their point. The meeting next week is the under 21 final not the under 19 final!!

I stand corrected (said the man with the built up shoe).

One exclamation mark would have been enough ;)

As a neutral i thought that the referee certainly made two wrong decisions and very probably three. For me he got the heat 5 decision to exclude Stefan Nielsen wrong, Jordan Jenkins definitely appeared to make contact with Nielsen's bike which resulted in him coming down.  Heat 13 Charles Wright should have gone which has been acknowledged while in heat 14 he awarded second to Paco Castagna when it looked like Drew Kemp repassed him on the run to the line.

An enjoyable meeting in spite of the delays .Bomber is always worth watching while  Drew Kemp was a great guest for the Bears and ultimately made the difference.