British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Newcastle CL 9/7/21 @19.30

Hopefully the monsoon season is over and we get a meeting this Friday . Should be a straightforward three points for the Tigers as we are at home and don't need to be twenty points ahead by heat 11 to have a chance of hanging on . 

Been a turbulent season for the Diamonds , but hopefully their 75th team manager change since April.can galvanise some team spirit . 

It's a return for Ben Barker , and you just don't know what to expect from him . He'll be backed up by Matty Wethers . Apart from those two I dont expect too much from the rest and we should at least hit 55 . 

But the main thing is that the rain stays away and we enjoy an entertaining 15 heats .

• Like 3

Honestly

Score... 59 - 31 just saved from the 60 point mark by and astute tactical substitution by the Diamonds 76th team manager Steve Pate...

Should be a formality for the Tigers but if it ends up squally on a damp track with grip on the bends and slick up the straights; a south easterly breeze and the temperature doesn't get over 15 degrees (so a hot summers day for Glasgow) and a referee who had his leg over in the afternoon and the Tigers team all have a touch of "Delhi Belly" off the curry the night before well maybe; just maybe 48 - 42 and the Diamonds sneak a point...

Oh dear then a woke up; the day dream was over and had to get back to work... never mind... as long as its entertaining and everyone enjoys it and of course no one gets hurt... and the beer is cold of course which goes without saying really... enjoy... I will follow proceedings on the updates...

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Score... 59 - 31 just saved from the 60 point mark by and astute tactical substitution by the Diamonds 76th team manager Steve Pate...

Should be a formality for the Tigers but if it ends up squally on a damp track with grip on the bends and slick up the straights; a south easterly breeze and the temperature doesn't get over 15 degrees (so a hot summers day for Glasgow) and a referee who had his leg over in the afternoon and the Tigers team all have a touch of "Delhi Belly" off the curry the night before well maybe; just maybe 48 - 42 and the Diamonds sneak a point...

Oh dear then a woke up; the day dream was over and had to get back to work... never mind... as long as its entertaining and everyone enjoys it and of course no one gets hurt... and the beer is cold of course which goes without saying really... enjoy... I will follow proceedings on the updates...

Regards
THJ

Buy a ticket for the live stream, that way you don't have to read biased updates from a Glasgow fan :drink:

14 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Buy a ticket for the live stream, that way you don't have to read biased updates from a Glasgow fan :drink:

But then you'd have to endure them in audio form from Michael Max!

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

If I was in the North East I would but I can't get owt like that in Maryport unfortunately... I begrudge paying my TV liecence over there because I can only get BBC Scotland on the telly... and I don't have an internet connection either so am stuffed really...

Just seen the above post from Marshall7 and I like Micheal Max great guy very knowledgeable and done a great job at Worky when he was there...

So updates will be ok and to be honest I think it might be a bit one-sided to be fair... and I don't want to see grown men cry when the Diamonds win...

Bazzinger...

Regards

THU 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Me biased , perish the thought haha 

• Haha 2

Weather forecast isn't great.

Not 3 weeks of call offs please, mon big yin dae us a favour. 

Oh dear... hearing on the grape vine a small change for the Diamonds at No 7... I wont say rumour because that stupid Mackem Ringitsneck gets his knickers in a twist... however JPB not very well so looks like he will be replaced by Archie Freeman... Be a tough one for young Archie and definitely a "Baptism of Fire" but good luck and stay safe...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oh dear... hearing on the grape vine a small change for the Diamonds at No 7... I wont say rumour because that stupid Mackem Ringitsneck gets his knickers in a twist... however JPB not very well so looks like he will be replaced by Archie Freeman... Be a tough one for young Archie and definitely a "Baptism of Fire" but good luck and stay safe...

Regards
THJ

Absolutely.  Come on young Archie!

• Like 2

Meeting sold out now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Somebody will have the kitchen roll at the ready & don't forget to use wet wipes either 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Somebody will have the kitchen roll at the ready & don't forget to use wet wipes either 

Oh dear you got a sad face off the very man... PMSL...

Regards 

THJ

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Meeting sold out now 

Do we actually know how many that is? 500? 625? 650?

Edited by Joseq7
  • Confused 1