British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny CL 10/07/21

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Who are GB riding against? Hungary?

It's the European Pairs semi final...I think.

Hungary, Denmark, Slovakia, Ukraine and Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is Ellis injured?

Check your own website;)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Who are GB riding against? Hungary?

note - some posters beat me to it while searching.:blink:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Hungary "A" and Hungary "B"? This isn't an FIM event then?

Just now, StevePark said:

FIME?

As to be expected with a run of away fixtures looming watch us tumble down the league..2nd in the league did look good for a while but then reality kicked in. 

21 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

As to be expected with a run of away fixtures looming watch us tumble down the league..2nd in the league did look good for a while but then reality kicked in. 

Yeah real shame Pijper and Aarnio lethal at home struggle away 

I will reserve judgement until someone can post unbiased(not ianbB)) reports as the updates site can be slightly biased as well. B)

• Haha 1

Easier win for the Lions tonight than I expected. All the lads looked sharper & more determined. Solid scoring right through the team for the first time this season. Off night for Aarnio, Jorgensen & Palin cost Scunthorpe any hope of a point. 

33 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I will reserve judgement until someone can post unbiased(not ianbB)) reports as the updates site can be slightly biased as well. B)

Doesn't tonight's score speak for itself? Yes, Scunny were without their No.1, but I doubt he would have scored more than Danny King tonight. Like that would have made much difference! For a team that ran up 63 points the night before, Scunny had little to offer. It summed things up when they were on a certain 5-1 in heat 8 until MacDonald wobbled and fell on the final bend resulting in his exclusion and a subsequent 3-3. One of their better riders on the night, but never really looked comfortable. A few people might be irritated by Aarnios return of 4 points after bagging double figures against the same opposition on the same track guesting for Newcastle a week ago. Although again it had no impact on the result, the timing of Scunny's tac sub seemed odd (heat 9) which backfired with a Lions 4-2.

This will surely have been Scunny's toughest trip on the road, but they will need to go some to collect a few points to back up their solid home form.