British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny CL 10/07/21

First visit to Leicester tonight ,really nice set up but how slick is the track unbelievable. We went not expecting a win and to be fair early on was a gaters paradise here’s my assessment of the riders 

Danny King. excellent guest 

Simon Lambert missed the gate on first two rides but all effort

Theo Pyper hated the place and you could tell

Tero Aarnio expected a bit more from him tonight to be fair 

Tommy Jorgensen again one of our better riders on the night

Macca  all effort and signs of a revival after these two meetings  

Jordan Palin a poor night to be fair and looked like he didn’t like the track 

Now I won’t be over critical as this riders have balls to race for our entertainment and I respect them ,plus it will take  a very good side to go to Leicester and take something this year . 
Let’s all be thankful to be racing this season and we go again Wednesday at Birmingham one last point not impressed with the tractor racing the water bowser every 3 to 4 heats really prolonged the meeting , so tapes up again this week and support our boys as good as we can , just think what Kent’s fans think of there efforts this last week

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

First visit to Leicester tonight ,really nice set up but how slick is the track unbelievable. We went not expecting a win and to be fair early on was a gaters paradise here’s my assessment of the riders 

Danny King. excellent guest 

Simon Lambert missed the gate on first two rides but all effort

Theo Pyper hated the place and you could tell

Tero Aarnio expected a bit more from him tonight to be fair 

Tommy Jorgensen again one of our better riders on the night

Macca  all effort and signs of a revival after these two meetings  

Jordan Palin a poor night to be fair and looked like he didn’t like the track 

Now I won’t be over critical as this riders have balls to race for our entertainment and I respect them ,plus it will take  a very good side to go to Leicester and take something this year . 
Let’s all be thankful to be racing this season and we go again Wednesday at Birmingham one last point not impressed with the tractor racing the water bowser every 3 to 4 heats really prolonged the meeting , so tapes up again this week and support our boys as good as we can , just think what Kent’s fans think of there efforts this last week

Did you want the track to get dustier and dustier as the meeting went on then?

I thought the meeting was efficiently run, riders were coming out for the next race almost as soon as the previous one finished. Only one re-start I think, and all over in 90 minutes or so, including a 10 minute interval.

Slightly disappointed in Jorgensen and  Aarnio - I think he's ridden at Leicester as often as Josh Bates this season. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

First visit to Leicester tonight ,really nice set up but how slick is the track unbelievable.

not impressed with the tractor racing the water bowser every 3 to 4 heats really prolonged the meeting 

If you thought the track was slick and the meeting was prolonged, you should have seen some of the other meetings this season.

The track was in far better condition than it has been for a long long time and the match was completed in 92 minutes with a 10-15 minute interval... on a lovely summer's Saturday night, with a healthy crowd, with many good races, it was one of the better nights at Leicester Speedway.

Perhaps the performance of your team has clouded your judgement?

Things looked up for Scunny with King and Lambert heading for a 5-1 in heat 1 until "Ans" Andersen managed to pick Lambert off. So 75-15 went out the door from the start :lol:

Personally, I'm not sure "Ans" is a number one these days, hope he proves me wrong but I'd like to see him at 3 or 4 (if the rules permit)

Edited by iainb

Pretty sure the rider with the highest average has to be No 1. Douglas was due to be number 1 I think until we signed Andersen

14 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

Pretty sure the rider with the highest average has to be No 1. Douglas was due to be number 1 I think until we signed Andersen

Thought that may be the case, how long before Ans gets an average do you know?

That was one of the better meetings racing wise I've seen at Leicester in a while.. As for Scunny, it was pretty dissapointing..

Kingy, inspired choice of guest, Lambo all effore as per.. Pijper I dont think has had a good meeting there.. Aarnio 2 lasts due to TP getting in his way.. Tommy da gun, all effort, his points doesn't reflect the effort he put in.. Big mac, all effort for little reward and a couple of trips to the bouncy castle.. Palin, one of them nights...

It's ok going undefeated in the league at home, but if we keep performing like we are away, quite frankly, we don't deserve the playoffs...

Onto Birmingham on Wednesday

59 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm afraid not, rider averages are one of speedways mysteries to me. I just keep my eye on the averages on the SGB website,  but it's full of asterisks, greyed out figures and ifs and buts!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LionsFan said:

He does

1 hour ago, iainb said:

After 4 home and 4 away meetings

41 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

I'm afraid not, rider averages are one of speedways mysteries to me. I just keep my eye on the averages on the SGB website,  but it's full of asterisks, greyed out figures and ifs and buts!

An asterisk means an assessed average, and the greyed-out figures are for guest purposes at home where a guest can be used that has an average up to 5% higher than the rider being replaced. I've not seen any 'ifs and buts' on there :-)

Edited by NeilWatson
Typo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

If you thought the track was slick and the meeting was prolonged, you should have seen some of the other meetings this season.

The track was in far better condition than it has been for a long long time and the match was completed in 92 minutes with a 10-15 minute interval... on a lovely summer's Saturday night, with a healthy crowd, with many good races, it was one of the better nights at Leicester Speedway.

Perhaps the performance of your team has clouded your judgement?

Things looked up for Scunny with King and Lambert heading for a 5-1 in heat 1 until "Ans" Andersen managed to pick Lambert off. So 75-15 went out the door from the start :lol:

Personally, I'm not sure "Ans" is a number one these days, hope he proves me wrong but I'd like to see him at 3 or 4 (if the rules permit)

Spot on. Three track gradings and waterings, including one in the interval, and all over in 90 minutes is ok by me.

Will have to see how Ans goes but, like you, I suspect he is no longer a No. 1 rider.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

one last point not impressed with the tractor racing the water bowser every 3 to 4 heats really prolonged the meeting , so tapes up again this week and support our boys as good as we can , just think what Kent’s fans think of there efforts this last week

The meeting started at approx. 7.00pm. The announcer said the referee deemed the meeting to be closed at 8.32pm. Not many meetings are completed in 1.5 hours.

• Like 1

Lovely ride by Nick Morris in Heat 15. Would think ‘Morra’ will be pushing a 10 point average before the seasons’ conclusion.

52 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Not many meetings are completed in 1.5 hours.

Not at Leicester they're not lol

Edited by iainb

I can’t believe what I’m reading.

the match was over and done in 92 mins. The track grading was done efficiently and produced a good racing track with hardly any dust. Why are people so keen to get it over and done with? It was a lovely night.

Hans Andersen is definitely a No1 at this level. He was finding his feet last night. If you’d have read his Twitter and Facebook posts, he said it’s been 3 years and the track has changed lots.

speedway fans. So fickle!!!!!