British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny CL 10/07/21

8 minutes ago, Honey Monster said:

I can’t believe what I’m reading.

the match was over and done in 92 mins. The track grading was done efficiently and produced a good racing track with hardly any dust. Why are people so keen to get it over and done with? It was a lovely night.

Hans Andersen is definitely a No1 at this level. He was finding his feet last night. If you’d have read his Twitter and Facebook posts, he said it’s been 3 years and the track has changed lots.

speedway fans. So fickle!!!!!

No complaints from me... as for Ans, time will tell on that one. There's not much between the leagues this year and he's currently 4th in the Peterborough averages. Doesn't matter what he says on socials it's what he does on track that will show whether he's still a number 1

37 minutes ago, iainb said:

No complaints from me... as for Ans, time will tell on that one. There's not much between the leagues this year and he's currently 4th in the Peterborough averages. Doesn't matter what he says on socials it's what he does on track that will show whether he's still a number 1

Agreed, it’s about what he does on track, but if he’s not ridden the track in 3 years and it’s change a lot. He’ll have learned a lot about his set up for Leicester last night. He is still a class act.

12 minutes ago, Honey Monster said:

Agreed, it’s about what he does on track, but if he’s not ridden the track in 3 years and it’s change a lot. He’ll have learned a lot about his set up for Leicester last night. He is still a class act.

Totally agree... just not sure he's number 1 material these days, I hope he surprises me because as you say he's a class act

Just now, iainb said:

Totally agree... just not sure he's number 1 material these days, I hope he surprises me because as you say he's a class act

We have been totally spoiled this year by Stewart. We have 4 number 1’s in our team.

6 hours ago, iainb said:

If you thought the track was slick and the meeting was prolonged, you should have seen some of the other meetings this season.

The track was in far better condition than it has been for a long long time and the match was completed in 92 minutes with a 10-15 minute interval... on a lovely summer's Saturday night, with a healthy crowd, with many good races, it was one of the better nights at Leicester Speedway.

Perhaps the performance of your team has clouded your judgement?

Things looked up for Scunny with King and Lambert heading for a 5-1 in heat 1 until "Ans" Andersen managed to pick Lambert off. So 75-15 went out the door from the start :lol:

Personally, I'm not sure "Ans" is a number one these days, hope he proves me wrong but I'd like to see him at 3 or 4 (if the rules permit)

The defeat had nothing to do with it , it was another track on my list to visit .Speedway tracks are now prepared for home wins and not for entertainment .Pre pandemic the best away track to visit was Redcar superb track makes great racing  went twice in 2019 two defeats for the Scorpions but great racing at the Redcar track

36 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

The defeat had nothing to do with it , it was another track on my list to visit .Speedway tracks are now prepared for home wins and not for entertainment .Pre pandemic the best away track to visit was Redcar superb track makes great racing  went twice in 2019 two defeats for the Scorpions but great racing at the Redcar track

Not trying to be funny Tosh, but didn't the Scorps win at Redcar in 2019.

5 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

He does

After 4 home and 4 away meetings

An asterisk means an assessed average, and the greyed-out figures are for guest purposes at home where a guest can be used that has an average up to 5% higher than the rider being replaced. I've not seen any 'ifs and buts' on there :-)

I was being slightly sarcastic in my comment about 'ifs and buts', (perhaps I should have added maybe's) but it does sometimes seem as if the rules/regulations are over complicated for what is 4 blokes racing 4 laps around a track. 

56 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Not trying to be funny Tosh, but didn't the Scorps win at Redcar in 2019.

Sorry old age and fat fingers on the i pad . the matches were 2018 in the League lost  52-38 when Lawson guesting top scored for Scunny and the other one was in the shield in 2019 when Danny Ayers top scored for Scunny think the score was about the same  I think ??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Sorry old age and fat fingers on the i pad . the matches were 2018 in the League lost  52-38 when Lawson guesting top scored for Scunny and the other one was in the shield in 2019 when Danny Ayers top scored for Scunny think the score was about the same  I think ??

I do recall Scunthorpe beating Redcar narrowly away fairly recently when Redcar had to call on a NL guest to replace Riss I think 

5 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I do recall Scunthorpe beating Redcar narrowly away fairly recently when Redcar had to call on a NL guest to replace Riss I think 

Was there that night as well  we won 43-47  think Danny Ayers and Ben Barker did the business and yes Riss was missing and they used young aBen Rathbone

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Was there that night as well  we won 43-47  think Danny Ayers and Ben Barker did the business and yes Riss was missing and they used young aBen Rathbone

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/19098/scunthorpe-championship-12-07-2019

Anyone making an assessment of Hans just now is forgetting two things.

1. It's a bit early, surely.

2. We got Hans for nowt, average wise. He, and a hopefully promising 4 pointer, replace two riders who were scoring very little. And that's on today's averages. Don't forget, the twins new averages which will total nearly 10 points when they both started on a 2 average.

Travelling to far away places to watch Leicester will be a lot less of a gamble than has been.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, Barrow Boy 2 said:

The meeting started at approx. 7.00pm. The announcer said the referee deemed the meeting to be closed at 8.32pm. Not many meetings are completed in 1.5 hours.

Now there's a thing:. We often hear announcements that a meeting has been closed -- but at what point is a meeting officially 'opened'?       

Edited by crescent girl

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Now there's a thing:. We often hear announcements that a meeting has been closed -- but at what point is a meeting officially 'opened'?       

Its when the ref enters the stadium

On 7/11/2021 at 7:30 PM, False dawn said:

Anyone making an assessment of Hans just now is forgetting two things.

1. It's a bit early, surely.

2. We got Hans for nowt, average wise. He, and a hopefully promising 4 pointer, replace two riders who were scoring very little. And that's on today's averages. Don't forget, the twins new averages which will total nearly 10 points when they both started on a 2 average.

Travelling to far away places to watch Leicester will be a lot less of a gamble than has been.

Got my tickets for the Southern Tour!