British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole 13/7/21 CL

On 7/11/2021 at 7:23 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes but a stream of tears from Plymouth fans hopefully. :P

No tears only smiles:D

• Like 2

Well done Plymouth on grabbing a draw, look forward to my first visit there next week with my Glasgow tigers team

• Like 3

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Well done Plymouth.

Well done PooleĀ 

Bjarne has been a fantastic servant to british speedway. What a fine season he is having.

• Like 6

Great meeting I donā€™t want to get into the politics of what some people are saying Poole are a good side and Iā€™m over the moon to get 1 point.how ironic is it that young kellerher hope I spelt it right has his best meeting of the season and is named rider of the night he scores 6 plus 2 which is more than the R/R got for Poole I did find it bizarre that poole went straight in with worrall in heat 1 as the R/R I thought they might have used him later in the meeting but as I say great night stood with some lovely lads from the pirates tonight they were a good laugh and they couldnā€™t get some of middlos decisions especially not using Rory in heat 15 and the use of worrall in heat 1 they also called it in the last race by saying it would be a 5-1to us as they reckon they have been not great in heat 15 this season there words not mine but they definitely saw it as 2 points lost not 2 points gained had a great night some good craic saw a great meeting and saw the 3 times world champion brilliant.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Bjarne has been a fantastic servant to british speedway. What a fine season he is having.

Never realised how good bjarne is absolute class act

• Like 2

Just got back in reasonable time considering the A35 was closed and we had to detour to Yeovil.

A frustrating night but my god how did the ref make such a howler when excluding Hume after he was smashed off his bike by a dangerous and out of control Bowtell, who looked and knew exactly what he was doing. A dangerous fencing move which left Hume sprawling along the length of the track and ending up prostrate on bend three. Bowtell knew what he had done and so did all the fans on the back straight. I guess the ref didnā€™t have the angle we had but Bowtell should have been out. Then i the rerun he tried the the same move on Cook, smashing into the side of him and causing Ben to almost stop dead.Ā 

A decent crowd, but racing was gate and go. Two proper overtakes all night. Bjarne on King and Ruml and Neilsen battling in heat 14. Plymouth will be happy with a point and heat 15 with ether top two off 1 and 3 was always a tall order for Poole to cope with and so it proved. But two points to come away with and it will seal our place in the playoffs at the end of the season, no doubt.

A couple of points of note. Keleher was clearly up for it and Plymouth will suit him. Where at Wimborne Road there is no hiding place, Zane would gate and go backwards asĀ the heat went on. At Plymouth his gating ability will score him points as itā€™s very difficult to pass at all.Ā The same can be said of Jason Crump. His experience will net him good points but when he missed the gate he was nowhere. Why set the track up in a way that means itā€™s so difficult to pass? More grip needed in the outside otherwise a program can be filled in after the second bend.Ā 

Will also say I donā€™t understand Middloā€™s reason for using Worrall in heat one. Surely using one of The reserves might have been better so they have a feel of the track before heat 2?But I am not the manager.
Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back in reasonable time considering the A35 was closed and we had to detour to Yeovil.

A frustrating night but my god how did the ref make such a howler when excluding Hume after he was smashed off his bike by a dangerous and out of control Bowtell, who looked and knew exactly what he was doing. A dangerous fencing move which left Hume sprawling along the length of the track and ending up prostrate on bend three. Bowtell knew what he had done and so did all the fans on the back straight. I guess the ref didnā€™t have the angle we had but Bowtell should have been out. Then i the rerun he tried the the same move on Cook, smashing into the side of him and causing Ben to almost stop dead.Ā 

A decent crowd, but racing was gate and go. Two proper overtakes all night. Bjarne on King and Ruml and Neilsen battling in heat 14. Plymouth will be happy with a point and heat 15 with ether top two off 1 and 3 was always a tall order for Poole to cope with and so it proved. But two points to come away with and it will seal our place in the playoffs at the end of the season, no doubt.

A couple of points of note. Keleher was clearly up for it and Plymouth will suit him. Where at Wimborne Road there is no hiding place, Zane would gate and go backwards asĀ the heat went on. At Plymouth his gating ability will score him points as itā€™s very difficult to pass at all.Ā The same can be said of Jason Crump. His experience will net him good points but when he missed the gate he was nowhere. Why set the track up in a way that means itā€™s so difficult to pass? More grip needed in the outside otherwise a program can be filled in after the second bend.Ā 

Will also say I donā€™t understand Middloā€™s reason for using Worrall in heat one. Surely using one of The reserves might have been better so they have a feel of the track before heat 2?But I am not the manager.
Ā 

Ā 

You really do talk alot of crap,firstly you state bowtell was dangerous and out of control then you say he knew exactly what he was doing you've contradicted yourselfĀ :rolleyes:Ā and your whole post stinks of sour grapes get your eyes tested i saw plenty of passing just read the updates seems I,m not alone either!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

You really do talk alot of crap,firstly you state bowtell was dangerous and out of control then you say he knew exactly what he was doing you've contradicted yourselfĀ :rolleyes:Ā and your whole post stinks of sour grapes get your eyes tested i saw plenty of passing just read the updates seems I,m not alone either!

We had it in the Prem section for years..:t:

• Like 2

Considering I visit just about every track in the country, I witnessed tonight first hand and it was a gate and go meeting. Stood chatting to a Plymouth fan who marked his program with passing moves and even he said it was a poor meeting racing wise with hardly any passing. Which was true. Two races with passing after the second bend of lap one. Go out wide to pass around the outside and go backwards. Poor racing. Plymouth fans would have enjoyed it simply by the closeness of the scoreline and pulling off a 5-1 in heat 15 to draw.Ā 

I guess by putting Worrall in heat one, Middlo was hoping to catch Crumpy cold as he's been out injured & give Poole a flying start to the match!

Back from my 1st visit to Plymouth, must say it's a nice set up down there, made to feel very welcomed by probably some of the nicest supporters around, thought we thru it away with King touching the tapes plus a few iffy starts, but happy to come away with a draw and 2ptsĀ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1