British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole 13/7/21 CL

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We on the back straight did have a very good view of it. Hume was passing Bowtell and as he went alongside of him,  Bowtell rode him into the fence. All the locals said Bowtell was clearly at fault. You could see Bowtell knew he was in the wrong as well. It wasn’t a case of closing the outside, as Hume was already there. He was basically barged into the fence and took most of the straight to come to a stop. 
In fact Plymouth Promoter Mark Philips predicted Bowtell would do this 3 weeks ago. ‘I can assure you Alfie will not forget it , it was RACING , it may be Rory complaining next time lol …only 3 weeks away for the Gladiators v Pirates league match’.

https://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/10347/gladiators-poole-22nd-june-koc?page=4

Identical racing incident to the previous Schlein - Bowtell …racing … just the shoe on the other foot this time 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Maybe in your opinion and shovellers,but definitely not in ALL the locals opinion 

Well a few locals with blinkers on might try and give the benefit of the doubt to Bowtell that he didn’t mean to fence Hume, but any normal speedway fan who saw what happened was gobsmacked and it was clearly a calculated and blatant fencing when he knew he had lost third. Dirty little rider is Bowtell.  

6 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Identical racing incident to the previous Schlein - Bowtell …racing … just the shoe on the other foot this time 

Nothing like the Schlein / Bowtell race. Schlein got up the inside, passed Bowtell and blocked his run to the line. Jason Crump said it was a fair move if hard and the only way to pass. Bowtell just smashed Hume into the fence while alongside, caysjng a nasty fall for Hume.

Rather than show heat 15, perhaps showing this heat would have been more interesting.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Well a few locals with blinkers on might try and give the benefit of the doubt to Bowtell that he didn’t mean to fence Hume, but any normal speedway fan who saw what happened was gobsmacked and it was clearly a calculated and blatant fencing when he knew he had lost third. Dirty little rider is Bowtell.  

Nothing like the Schlein / Bowtell race. Schlein got up the inside, passed Bowtell and blocked his run to the line. Jason Crump said it was a fair move if hard and the only way to pass. Bowtell just smashed Hume into the fence while alongside, caysjng a nasty fall for Hume.

Rather than show heat 15, perhaps showing this heat would have been more interesting.

Yes but everyone knows your not a normal speedway fan :rofl:

Steve I’m impressed with how sour you are about the draw. 

suppose it was someone else’s fault that king went threw the tapes ?! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Yes but everyone knows your not a normal speedway fan :rofl:

So attack the poster rather than defend the undefendable? Bowtell had no support on the back straight last night. Many Plymouth fans were calling it a dirty move. 

Poole up to there old tricks, as they say leopard never changes it's spot's, R/R for a rider that's not even arrived yet, that's why know one can take this sport seriously, absolute joke.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Warriors said:

Poole up to there old tricks, as they say leopard never changes it's spot's, R/R for a rider that's not even arrived yet, that's why know one can take this sport seriously, absolute joke.

Berwick did the same thing with Garcia, so it's nothing new for this season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So attack the poster rather than defend the undefendable? Bowtell had no support on the back straight last night. Many Plymouth fans were calling it a dirty move. 

In your own words you said Bowtell was out of control  if this is correct (which its not)how could he deliberately put Hume into the fence if he was not in control, I've no more to say on the matter enough said, thank you and goodnight 

• Haha 1

Steve,

Think Garcia was in and rode in the Berwick side in 2019, and declared in their team for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Seems a far cry from just signing AN Other rider who hasnt even arrived in the UK and claiming r/r ? Blatantly contravenes the rulebook....... just surprised my local team Kent don't pull a similar stunt, sign a couple of unknown overseas riders and claim their paperwork is delayed and use guests and/or  r/r . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Steve,

Think Garcia was in and rode in the Berwick side in 2019, and declared in their team for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Seems a far cry from just signing AN Other rider who hasnt even arrived in the UK and claiming r/r ? Blatantly contravenes the rulebook....... just surprised my local team Kent don't pull a similar stunt, sign a couple of unknown overseas riders and claim their paperwork is delayed and use guests and/or  r/r . 

The facility was granted for 7 days. It’s clearly explained in the Bournemouth Echo website. But due to ~covid it looks like he won’t turn a wheel in anger for us.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

I dont know what you were watching to compare the incidents.

When Hume came down, Bowtell literally knocked him off. 

Schlein didnt touch Bowtell and left him room to straighten up and finish.

50 minutes ago, BobC said:

I dont know what you were watching to compare the incidents.

When Hume came down, Bowtell literally knocked him off. 

Schlein didnt touch Bowtell and left him room to straighten up and finish.

As it was the opposite side of the track you have the view that the referee had this week . It’s difficult isn’t it 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

We on the back straight did have a very good view of it. Hume was passing Bowtell and as he went alongside of him,  Bowtell rode him into the fence. All the locals said Bowtell was clearly at fault. You could see Bowtell knew he was in the wrong as well. It wasn’t a case of closing the outside, as Hume was already there. He was basically barged into the fence and took most of the straight to come to a stop. 
In fact Plymouth Promoter Mark Philips predicted Bowtell would do this 3 weeks ago. ‘I can assure you Alfie will not forget it , it was RACING , it may be Rory complaining next time lol …only 3 weeks away for the Gladiators v Pirates league match’.

https://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/10347/gladiators-poole-22nd-june-koc?page=4

Ummm, so he moans about something and then does it back. Well you can't moan about it then. Idiot. I guess Hume and Cook can both do it back to him next time then as he can't moan about it!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

How can Poole use R/R for a rider that has never rode in this country? Cheating at its best.

• Like 1

All this arguing now will not change the outcome. As in football what the ref gives is law on the day. I was not there so can not give an opinion but I have ordered the dvd so may then have a true thought about the matter.

With regard to the r/r I see where people are coming from but the rider was in the country and red tape is holding things up. Poole were given a seven day facility but if it is not cleared by their next meeting the facility is withdrawn.

Mr May would have objected strongly if there was anything underhand going on.

Can’t wait to get down to Poole and watch some racing in such a competitive league and also to Plymouth (my home city) to see the Gladiators. Must admit hard to think of them not being the Devils.

• Like 2