British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole 13/7/21 CL

5 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Back from my 1st visit to Plymouth, must say it's a nice set up down there, made to feel very welcomed by probably some of the nicest supporters around, thought we thru it away with King touching the tapes plus a few iffy starts, but happy to come away with a draw and 2pts 

Glad u enjoyed your visit 

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Definitely two points dropped for me.

What I didnt like about the Bowtell move on Hume was that he definitely looked and moved over. He smashed into the side of Hume coming off turn2, then Hume being dragged along ending up in the air fence on bend three, such was the force of the move. Then to add insult to injury, he almost did the same to Cook in the rerun. Luckily Cook had just enough room to avoid a crash. Desperate riding. Smacks of revenge after being upset with Schleins move on him during Pooles last visit, when he cried and winged like a spoilt schoolgirl.

Not much in the way of passing, very much gate and go. Only counted 3 myself. Crump gated 3 times, undefeated, twice he didnt, an also ran, Bjarne didnt gate twice, an also ran, (apart from when King made a mistake) gated 3 times cruised to easy wins. Same for both sides.

Very inconsistent refereeing. Warned Nielsen for moving, yet Bjarne moved at least twice. Others moved too, both sides.

Announcements: On 3 separate occasions, the race results were incorrect. One was challenged and changed.

A little bemused, tbh, at our choice of R/R rides. Also using King in Ht15,when everyone around us thought Schein.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

always thought middlo not that clever at times just my opinion though 

2 hours ago, BobC said:

Definitely two points dropped for me.

What I didnt like about the Bowtell move on Hume was that he definitely looked and moved over. He smashed into the side of Hume coming off turn2, then Hume being dragged along ending up in the air fence on bend three, such was the force of the move. Then to add insult to injury, he almost did the same to Cook in the rerun. Luckily Cook had just enough room to avoid a crash. Desperate riding. Smacks of revenge after being upset with Schleins move on him during Pooles last visit, when he cried and winged like a spoilt schoolgirl.

Not much in the way of passing, very much gate and go. Only counted 3 myself. Crump gated 3 times, undefeated, twice he didnt, an also ran, Bjarne didnt gate twice, an also ran, (apart from when King made a mistake) gated 3 times cruised to easy wins. Same for both sides.

Very inconsistent refereeing. Warned Nielsen for moving, yet Bjarne moved at least twice. Others moved too, both sides.

Announcements: On 3 separate occasions, the race results were incorrect. One was challenged and changed.

A little bemused, tbh, at our choice of R/R rides. Also using King in Ht15,when everyone around us thought Schein.

Awww did little old Plymouth not let the big bad pirates win.

for what it’s worth, both cooks excellent. 

Zane superb already scored more points in one meeting than goret did over all.

Pedersen superb , crump will take 10 or so points in his 2nd meeting back.

rumul tried hard and had a superb battle going out wide for beat Nielsen. 

ruddick is struggling and hopefully he can push on and start scoring. 

bowtell bit of a mixed bag this evening but he mixes it with all riders and give us a bit of strength in depth.

I like Poole think they are good Stefan didn’t have his best meeting, strange choices by middlo but on another day they come off.

take the draw and we crack on to the next meeting. 

I can’t help but think Plymouth might just make one more change to if there’s riders available to strengthen us.

50 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

Awww did little old Plymouth not let the big bad pirates win.

for what it’s worth, both cooks excellent. 

Zane superb already scored more points in one meeting than goret did over all.

Pedersen superb , crump will take 10 or so points in his 2nd meeting back.

rumul tried hard and had a superb battle going out wide for beat Nielsen. 

ruddick is struggling and hopefully he can push on and start scoring. 

bowtell bit of a mixed bag this evening but he mixes it with all riders and give us a bit of strength in depth.

I like Poole think they are good Stefan didn’t have his best meeting, strange choices by middlo but on another day they come off.

take the draw and we crack on to the next meeting. 

I can’t help but think Plymouth might just make one more change to if there’s riders available to strengthen us.

Plymouth have to be very happy with their top 2 - looks like Pedersen is going to top the averages at this rate. 

usual anti opposition bias from shovlar

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Plymouth have to be very happy with their top 2 - looks like Pedersen is going to top the averages at this rate. 

usual anti opposition bias from shovlar

Certainly not anti opposition bias Pinny. Just thought the move from Bowtell was bad, as the video clip shows, and he should have been excluded for what was dangerous riding.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certainly not anti opposition bias Pinny. Just thought the move from Bowtell was bad, as the video clip shows, and he should have been excluded for what was dangerous riding.

The video doesn’t really show anything as you can’t see them behind the fence as they exit the turn. Matter of fact, if anything, Bowtell is ahead as they exit turn 2. Hume doesn’t have a god given right to carry on down the straight alongside Bowtell who looks like he’s closed the door. 

You watch a lot of Polish Speedway and that is a standard sort of move. Wouldn’t call it dangerous and wouldn’t say Bowtell should of been excluded either.

• Like 3

By the way, when is somebody signing Zmarzlik and then using R/R or guests to cover for him whilst the paperwork is sorted out? What a joke situation that is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

The video doesn’t really show anything as you can’t see them behind the fence as they exit the turn. Matter of fact, if anything, Bowtell is ahead as they exit turn 2. Hume doesn’t have a god given right to carry on down the straight alongside Bowtell who looks like he’s closed the door. 

You watch a lot of Polish Speedway and that is a standard sort of move. Wouldn’t call it dangerous and wouldn’t say Bowtell should of been excluded either.

We on the back straight did have a very good view of it. Hume was passing Bowtell and as he went alongside of him,  Bowtell rode him into the fence. All the locals said Bowtell was clearly at fault. You could see Bowtell knew he was in the wrong as well. It wasn’t a case of closing the outside, as Hume was already there. He was basically barged into the fence and took most of the straight to come to a stop. 
In fact Plymouth Promoter Mark Philips predicted Bowtell would do this 3 weeks ago. ‘I can assure you Alfie will not forget it , it was RACING , it may be Rory complaining next time lol …only 3 weeks away for the Gladiators v Pirates league match’.

https://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/10347/gladiators-poole-22nd-june-koc?page=4

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We on the back straight did have a very good view of it. Hume was passing Bowtell and as he went alongside of him,  Bowtell rode him into the fence. All the locals said Bowtell was clearly at fault. You could see Bowtell knew he was in the wrong as well. It wasn’t a case of closing the outside, as Hume was already there. He was basically barged into the fence and took most of the straight to come to a stop. 
In fact Plymouth Promoter Mark Philips predicted Bowtell would do this 3 weeks ago. ‘I can assure you Alfie will not forget it , it was RACING , it may be Rory complaining next time lol …only 3 weeks away for the Gladiators v Pirates league match’.

https://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/10347/gladiators-poole-22nd-june-koc?page=4

Stop telling lies to fit your own agenda 

27 minutes ago, lewy said:

Stop telling lies to fit your own agenda 

No lies being told here. I was stood behind SS and quite a few of the Plymouth supporters around us agreed it was the wrong decision.

It was blatantly obvious from our view. That said, it was perhaps in the blind spot of the referee. Thats if he was even watching these two riders, he may have been watching the other two.

Whatever, it was definitely the wrong rider excluded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

By the way, when is somebody signing Zmarzlik and then using R/R or guests to cover for him whilst the paperwork is sorted out? What a joke situation that is.

So as Poole Promoter Danny Ford has now publicly explained, Poole were granted a 7-day facility for Smetana following the Czech Govt changing their Covid quarantine regulations the day after Smetana's signing was ratified by the BSPl.  This covered the rider's absence at Plymouth but has left Poole with a problem for their next meeting also v Plymouth on 21st July if nothing can be sorted out.  Poole will have 2 choices  - either use a nominated NL rider or sign a new rider instead, but as Danny says there just aren't the riders around without any foreign fixture clashes!!

1 hour ago, BobC said:

No lies being told here. I was stood behind SS and quite a few of the Plymouth supporters around us agreed it was the wrong decision.

It was blatantly obvious from our view. That said, it was perhaps in the blind spot of the referee. Thats if he was even watching these two riders, he may have been watching the other two.

Whatever, it was definitely the wrong rider excluded.

Maybe in your opinion and shovellers,but definitely not in ALL the locals opinion 

Hear 15 on the speedway GB site for everyone to enjoy.