Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP rounds 3 and 4 Wroclaw Fri/Sat 30th/31st July live on BT Sport

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, chunky said:

We've had missing footrests and missing seats in recent weeks. I'm waiting to see someone ride with missing handlebars...

I remember Peter Collins winning a race at Hyde Road after his handlebars snapped, he won holding the forks with his left hand :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another example again when track is drier and slicker the racing is better as riders have to hunt for the grip on different lines.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I think that’s a very good point and this years first ten or twelve heats have generally been a trapping competition and then follow the leader.

I can understand the organisers wanting the winner to get the most points on the night, so just the give winner 25 points and everyone one else gets what they scored in the qualifying heats and semis.

I am still of the opinion that when every ride counted the qualifying heats were more hotly contested.

 

I was thinking the same thing, although maybe not 25 points as that would be too much in my opinion.

I'd say 20 points for winning the meeting - which couldn't be bettered but could be equalled - and then use individual points for the others.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic ride from BZ in the final. All in all a pretty decent night.

One thing though, I don't really like Leon Madsen for some reason that I can't put my finger on. Can anyone help? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OGT said:

One thing though, I don't really like Leon Madsen for some reason that I can't put my finger on. Can anyone help? 

I was told that when they checked his DNA it came back as the same as that of Marmite. Does that help.? :rolleyes:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still  not a  lover of this points system .for me it devalues the heats 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RussellSprout said:

VK is up and running but hour behind

What do you want!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Still  not a  lover of this points system .for me it devalues the heats 

Semi-finals and finals show how riders react under pressure.

Woffinden bottled it tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r8gdp said:

Still  not a  lover of this points system .for me it devalues the heats 

Shame I can only give one like to this message. I'd give more if I could!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The points system is an absolute farce and I have no idea why they changed it on what it was before. Why do the powers that be constantly tinker with things that need not be changed?

That said, I agree with all the comments about the racing. The last few years have IMO seen the best racing for a long time, any newcomers watching that would surely "come back for more" to use a Tony Millardism. Its just a shame they keep tinkering with the point system.

Not sure I like the two GPs at one track over a weekend either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pinny said:

The points system is an absolute farce and I have no idea why they changed it on what it was before. Why do the powers that be constantly tinker with things that need not be changed?

Not sure I like the two GPs at one track over a weekend either.

I actually like the 2 GP weekends, especially if I am travelling to a GP...Getting to see 2 meetings instead of just 1 for the travel costs is great.

As for the points, obviously riders treat things differently due to the points system, which is my main issue with the current one, but if the old points system was in place this year, rather than being joint leader, Janowski would be 7 points down on the leader Laguta. Zmarzlik would still be 3 points points down on the lead but 4 ahead of Janowski. Anything that pushes Janowski down the standings is good with me :D

As you said, the system where every point from every race counted seemed a much better system for me. I understand that it can lead to strange anomalies, like happened in the SEC this year...Leon Madsen results: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 1st. Mikkel Michelsen results 4th, 5th, 1st, 2nd....and yet Mikkel won. That DOES look really odd to see, but I still prefer every race point counting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HenryW said:

I actually like the 2 GP weekends, especially if I am travelling to a GP...Getting to see 2 meetings instead of just 1 for the travel costs is great.

As for the points, obviously riders treat things differently due to the points system, which is my main issue with the current one, but if the old points system was in place this year, rather than being joint leader, Janowski would be 7 points down on the leader Laguta. Zmarzlik would still be 3 points points down on the lead but 4 ahead of Janowski. Anything that pushes Janowski down the standings is good with me :D

As you said, the system where every point from every race counted seemed a much better system for me. I understand that it can lead to strange anomalies, like happened in the SEC this year...Leon Madsen results: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 1st. Mikkel Michelsen results 4th, 5th, 1st, 2nd....and yet Mikkel won. That DOES look really odd to see, but I still prefer every race point counting.

You have a good point. I just find it wrong that so many races will now be worthless where as before every point was crucial.

Also your point about seeing two GPs in one weekend is definitely understandable, I just preferred it with a bigger variation of tracks and countries but I suppose with COVID that isn't possible. You would hope, though, things will return to usual when and if this virus blows over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am ok with 2 gp’s in a weekend, but I could easily change my view if a rider couldn’t compete the 2nd night due to injury. That could have happened at Wroclaw with Emils second accident. He must be badly bruised but it could have been much worse.               
Points system, still wavering between the two systems. Current system gives a chance to someone who suffered an engine failure a chance to do really well - I like that.

The race between Fricke and Doyle was very intense, loved it.

Madsen, four years ago I thought he was just a fast starter, but now appreciate he is a racer that will mix it as well as being a good gater.  As for Laguta, he is just a fast starter, put him in the mix and he pulls out. Would be bad for him to be world champ.

Edited by OveFundinFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official result for Saturday’s GP and current standings.

1 Zmarzlik 20

2 Laguta 18

3 Madsen 16

4 Woffinden 14

5 Sayfutdinov 12

6 Fricke 11

7 Janowski 10

8 Lambert 9

9 Lindgren 8

10 Doyle 7

11 Vaculik 6

12 Chugunov 5

13 Thomsen 4

14 Berntzon 3

15 Zagar 2

16 Kasprzak 1

Standings

1= Janowski and Laguta  66

3rd Zmarzlik 63

4th Sayfutdinov 58

5th Lindgren 50

6th= Woffinden and Madsen 44

8th Vaculik 34

9th Fricke 33

10th Doyle 28

11th Lambert 27

12th Thomsen 27

13th Zagar 17

14th Berntzon 8

15th Kasprzak 7

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 4 was much better with some very good racing, nice to see Tai have a good night but he certainly picked the wrong gate for the final.

I must be honest and say I prefer the 2 GP weekends, much better value for supporters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy