British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -V- Wolves (Eurosport)

BELLE VUE: Brady Kurtz, Richie Worrall, Steve Worrall, Charles Wright, Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Jye Etheridge.

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Luke Becker, Nick Morris, Ryan Douglas, Rory Schlein, Broc Nicol, Leon Flint.

This match could go either way. Especially when the track will be very wet no doubt looking at the forecast. 

Another season, another away match at the NSS, another inevitable defeat (I don't think we've ever won there). With 4 Aussies in the team you think we would stand a chance but I  am sure I read somewhere that Nick Morris said he found it difficult to score points there. Aces by at least 10, Bewley max.

The forecast has plenty of time to change.. Yesterday it said thunderstorms… one forecast today says light rain.

No doubt , it will be something different when I look in the morning.

If Wolves ride to their ability, it will be close either way

Weather is improving all the time and looks alot better now than it did 4 hours ago. So fingers crossed. 

Masters is bringing a polish engine over because he's struggled on big tracks. 

I'm thinking a 4 point win either way 

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Another season, another away match at the NSS, another inevitable defeat (I don't think we've ever won there). With 4 Aussies in the team you think we would stand a chance but I  am sure I read somewhere that Nick Morris said he found it difficult to score points there. Aces by at least 10, Bewley max.

Wolves won at BV  in 2019

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/19275/wolves-premiership-19-08-2019

Even more rain during the day predicted  

Really can't see this being on unfortunately 

been rain all night and all morning. but as we know, the track can take it, but it wont be a spectacle tonight, he who gates wins, abit like most at the NSS this year really

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

been rain all night and all morning. but as we know, the track can take it, but it wont be a spectacle tonight, he who gates wins, abit like most at the NSS this year really

What's the weather like now up there Phil?

9 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

What's the weather like now up there Phil?

I'm a good 10 miles away right now. The rain not been heavy but its been consistent. 

If it stops at 5pm we will get a meeting on in wet conditions. If it carries on until start time then the match won't likely go ahead 

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'm a good 10 miles away right now. The rain not been heavy but its been consistent. 

If it stops at 5pm we will get a meeting on in wet conditions. If it carries on until start time then the match won't likely go ahead 

OK thanks Phil thinking of coming up not sure what to do?

How soon do they make a call  ….I have tickets and I can quite easily see me getting there and then them calling it off just before the start when in reality it had little chance of actually going ahead

That’s the problem with it being on TV, the tv people will be set up now so they will give it as long as possible, probably look at it about 5pm. Still a lot more heavy rain to come for the next couple of hours. If it stops by 5pm and it’s dry for couple of hours then may have a chance as the drainage is excellent and it’s not cold, currently 18 degrees. But the track will be very grippy and can’t have any more rain later this evening. 

I wouldn't travel till the very last minute if I was you. Hearing the track is very very wet and it's in doubt