British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -V- Wolves (Eurosport)

Are there any riders missing? After all as we always told how well the track drains etc and it being the TV match?

Edited by Lefty
Spelling

19 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Are there any riders missing? After all as we always told how well the track drains etc and it being the TV match?

Yes, Wolves' Leon Flint - and, with all due respect to Jack Smith, I reckon Wolves will be happier with the postponement than the Aces.

With Leon in the team – and the way he rides the NSS – I reckon Wolves would have had a much bigger chance of winning than with Jack.

Yes, they’re both ex-Colts, but Leon has already had a 15-point maximum in a National League match at the NSS this season. With the grippier conditions that there would have been had it gone ahead tonight, it would have suited his style of riding the NSS to a tee.

• Like 1

I admire the fact that Jack Smith keeps going. But I have to ask why do'es he?

• Haha 1

Ok..so I cannot make the new date on Thursday so I assume I would be entitled to a refund. ?

23 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Now on Thursday 15th July

On TV?...jeez all this hype about Eurosport and by the end of the season we will have seen only around 8 meetings...and we've not really gained much as we have list the SEC...they skipped the weeks when the weather was good also..

3 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

On TV?...jeez all this hype about Eurosport and by the end of the season we will have seen only around 8 meetings...and we've not really gained much as we have list the SEC...they skipped the weeks when the weather was good also..

I don't know if it will be on the box. Sorry

6 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

I’d be very surprised if it was, lot of people and external companies involved to rearrange in few days.

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

It does drain well and if it stopped raining now it would be on if dry for couple of hours, but it’s not stopped raining all day and forecast till at least 7-8pm now.

The only bad day of the week, going to be warm and dry for the rest of the week with 24 degrees on Thursday. 

Does anybody know how to get a refund on tonight’s tickets as I cannot make Thursday…I cannot see any info on Belle Vue website and I have rang them and get an automated message saying tonight’s meeting off and to refer to the website  !

13 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

Does anybody know how to get a refund on tonight’s tickets as I cannot make Thursday…I cannot see any info on Belle Vue website and I have rang them and get an automated message saying tonight’s meeting off and to refer to the website  !

Try Contact Us — Official Belle Vue Speedway (bellevue-speedway.com)

Or message through facebook etc.

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

I'm rather glad that Eurosport is part of my Sky package, as I'd have been pretty miffed if I had paid extra for it and then only got a few meetings for my money. I was equally upset the SEC wasn't on Eurosport, only the  Eurosport player which once again they wanted more money for!  Thanks to a link from Racers & Royals I watched it on a website for free.  I ditched BT Sport because they lost the coverage for league matches, and now only cover the GP's. The TV coverage seems to be getting worse, not better?

What a joke... the British Weather is! Who do I complain to?

:mad:

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

What a joke... the British Weather is! Who do I complain to?

:mad:

I won't speak His name. It's supposed to be sacrilege. :)

But if I were you, I'd addressed it care of St Peter. B)

• Like 2