British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v scunthorpe 14.07.21

Following on updates & just checked Brum twitter. A picture there of Bomber, then checked Brum website. Is there now 3 riders in Ellis, Nicholls & Harris using Godden engines?

Blimey is Paco still pi**ed up since last Sun eve. 

Edited by zlata prilba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:34 AM, Trackerman48 said:

May not be as easy as you think?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

Well done to Scunny winning the match - more important than the result for Birmingham would be the crowd size - I reckon 400/450 for Glasgow fixture - was there a marked improvement?

This was always Scunny's best chance of away points. Keeps our play off hopes alive but we still got our hardest home meetings to come, Poole, Leicester and Redcar. Will need more points away too.

Slick slick slick snd even more slick !!!!  snd very dusty. 
no grip  or drive whatsoever 

smooth as a babies bum but, …… ABSOLUTELY CRAP !!!!! 

Thsts not an excuse for the result. Scunthorpe out gated  us and outride  us all night. Well done Scunthorpe. Deserved winners. 

Edited by the hobbit

5 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

How was the track tonight?

The difference between meeting 2 (let's ignore the first week)and this week  was chalk & cheese. Yes it did get a little dusty but its july, what do people expect. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Slick slick slick snd even more slick !!!!  snd very dusty. 
no grip  or drive whatsoever 

smooth as a babies bum but, …… ABSOLUTELY CRAP !!!!! 

Thsts not an excuse for the result. Scunthorpe out gated  us and outride  us all night. Well done Scunthorpe. Deserved winners. 

I'd have to disagree with The Hobbit about being slick, there certainly appeared to be a lot more shale on the track and was quite deep which produced several really good racing lines, which was used by most of the riders to good effect. No complaints from the riders and it did produce the fastest time of the season to be broken several times during the night from memory. The track staff have obviously worked really hard to get it smooth and it required minimal watering on the night, so I think they got it pretty much right, yes there was a little bit of dust but nowhere near as much as you would have expected on such a hot day.

Scunthorpe were deserved winners like The Hobbit said, were better out of the gate and enjoyed the conditions. I thought the meeting was far closer than the score suggests but overall, everything was a massive improvement and the promotion are working hard to continue improving. A big thumbs up from me and I'll be back next week for sure!

• Like 1