British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent v Redcar tuesday 13th july 6-30 pm

A  Redcar side with recent lost riders through injury,, face a Kent side with only one true heat leader at the moment Scott Nicholls ,,with Cameron Heeps trying to regain form after a recent shoulder injury,,and Paul Starke fighting for points and riding well consistantly,,but winning too few races ..More importently Paul Hurry needing to get some points for a change tommorrow,,,,,Or we may have to rely on reserves Ben Morley ,,,Dan Gilks and no 8 young Mudford who could get some rider replacement rides,, to chip in with good points to win this one ..Hopefully the weather holds up,,and win or lose we get some good racing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waco said:

A  Redcar side with recent lost riders through injury,, face a Kent side with only one true heat leader at the moment Scott Nicholls ,,with Cameron Heeps trying to regain form after a recent shoulder injury,,and Paul Starke fighting for points and riding well consistantly,,but winning too few races ..More importently Paul Hurry needing to get some points for a change tommorrow,,,,,Or we may have to rely on reserves Ben Morley ,,,Dan Gilks and no 8 young Mudford who could get some rider replacement rides,, to chip in with good points to win this one ..Hopefully the weather holds up,,and win or lose we get some good racing

Amen to that

9 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Amen to that

Forecast has continued to improve, so it's looking like a thumbs up

Bears using Drew Kemp and Jordan Palin as replacements for Anders Rowe and Jordan Jenkins.

In the circumstances probably the best replacements available given that the 2 missing lads both have a lot of experience around Kent.

Bears really need to win if they have a chance of the play offs, but no idea how some of the lads will ride the track seeing it for the first time.

Wright, Sarj, Palin & Kemp have all ridden central Park before (even if it was a while ago for Wright) whilst Allen and MPT are no slouches and should adapt easily. Sadly i can see a home tactical ride already and if Nicholls has anything other than a brilliant night again the Bears hit 50. Maybe the racing will at least provide a decent spectacle and its not all from the gate.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Wright, Sarj, Palin & Kemp have all ridden central Park before (even if it was a while ago for Wright) whilst Allen and MPT are no slouches and should adapt easily. Sadly i can see a home tactical ride already and if Nicholls has anything other than a brilliant night again the Bears hit 50. Maybe the racing will at least provide a decent spectacle and its not all from the gate.

Agree....again no appeal to me I am afraid.....I just want to see a side that does not rely on one rider.

Kent Kings continue to load the odds against themselves with r/r for the retired Bacon, and lacking riders “in form” to take the r/r rides. Fortunate that Anders is not fit to race, otherwise a heavy mauling was likely. Even with their weakened team Redcar will be too strong IMO for the 5 Kent team, with Scott again having a busy night. 

Hope all riders have a safe meeting. 

Good effort by kent but the same 2 riders plus  rr makes winning a match nigh on impossible

Obviously pleased with the 4 points, especially as Charles didn’t score particularly well.

Pleased to see Sarjy get some points and big thanks to Drew Kemp again.

Kings too reliant on 2 riders again and feel for the fans having to see the same riders struggle every week. Hope things pick up for them, need a few home wins to keep the fans onboard.

• Like 1

Glad to see Starke bring his PL form finally and obviously Scotty on it again. Plaudits too for Morley who keeps chipping in with solid returns and is doing his job under the radar. 

The whole mess at 2,3,4 for Kent is a disaster zone with Heeps and Hurry trying to see who can score fewest yet still wont get dropped. 

Redcar were possibly below par in a couple of places tonight and still claim a comfy away win. Play offs are certainly not out of reach of the bears.....wooden spoon is ever closer for the Kings.

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Obviously pleased with the 4 points, especially as Charles didn’t score particularly well.

Pleased to see Sarjy get some points and big thanks to Drew Kemp again.

Kings too reliant on 2 riders again and feel for the fans having to see the same riders struggle every week. Hope things pick up for them, need a few home wins to keep the fans onboard.

Funny old meeting this with lots happening - 1st heat Sarj was judged to have got a flyer and received a warning - 3rd heat Jake Allen led but Paul Starke  muscled his way past on the inside of turn 2 on the second lap which appeared to unsettle Jake who crashed in a heap approaching the 3rd bend - it looked nasty but thankfully Jake got up pretty quickly and then we were told that Paul Starke had been excluded - turned out out his footrest had gone into Jake’s front wheel which then collapsed down the back straight -3rd heat re-run again Sarj was judged to have guessed the start and was excluded - I was sitting some 6 feet in front of the tapes and 4 rows up and it looked to me Sarj just made a very good start - the gent behind me also thought the same - maybe sometimes he is paying for his previous notoriety - 5th heat Paul Hurry dumped Charles Wright on the deck on the 3rd/4th bend leaving Charles hopping up and down on his right leg - poor chap is only just back from injury and was none too pleased - some good passes by Scotty and Paul and I especially liked Charles’ never say die attitude in successfully chasing after Cameroon Heeps for 3rd place in heat 13 - Solid riding from Jake Allen and MPT - I have never seen James Sargeant ride so well including a couple of passes on the way - solid as expected from Redcar but problems for Kent - all in all a very watchable match in which the first 3 heats took over 30 minutes and we were left wondering whether time may run out but it all came right in the end 

• Like 1

Exciting breathtaking passes from Nichols and Starke winning races and was on fire tonight,,Morley chipped in with a solid 7+1 ...But to no avail as Redcar were faster from the gate most of the night and deserved their victory..Heeps is obviously not fit enough to perform at his best ,,shoulder injuries are hard to recover from,,,,Hurry as per usual,,,,,Gilks was always trying hard for his return...Lets hope something is in the pipeline for the changes that are needed,,,Never the less an excellant nights racing was seen who ever you supported........

6 hours ago, waco said:

Exciting breathtaking passes from Nichols and Starke winning races and was on fire tonight,,Morley chipped in with a solid 7+1 ...But to no avail as Redcar were faster from the gate most of the night and deserved their victory..Heeps is obviously not fit enough to perform at his best ,,shoulder injuries are hard to recover from,,,,Hurry as per usual,,,,,Gilks was always trying hard for his return...Lets hope something is in the pipeline for the changes that are needed,,,Never the less an excellant nights racing was seen who ever you supported........

I go along with that.  The racing was always cut and thrust and it always looked possible that Kent might just scrape a win., But the more balanced

Bears side took it in the end.  Paul Starke was outstanding and harshly dealt with by the referee which turned a winning heat for the Kings into a winning heat for the Bears

and this made the score much bigger than it should have been. Heeps not at the races and it is pretty clear that he has come back from his injury far too soon.