British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Eastbourne v Leicester CL 18/7/21 3pm

9 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

This team line ups for this fixture are beginning to resemble a pantomime.   Only in speedway. (Well at least in Cricket they changed the entire team in advance of the match !)

Scott Nicholls  ? Is he riding for BT sport or Leicester tomorrow?

Nathan Ablitt .... one of "Eastbourne's own"  is he riding for his club ? Sings4Speedway suggests he isn't ??

Drew Kemp - is he still riding in Poland tomorrow  ? or is the Gdansk  meeting cancelled due to the GP reschedule?

As for Jake Knight .... you couldn't make it up ..... Never have I seen such a set of complicated rules to prevent an English  junior reserve rider being denied a ride. Surely in the "interests of speedway" he should be allowed to ride for someone tomorrow ?

I think it’s fair to say Mr Nicholls will be riding. I don’t think having to appear on the telly is a valid reason not to ride. Don’t think he wants a ban plus to lose a shed load of dosh. 

Mind you, this is speedway, so who really knows   

33 minutes ago, justathought said:

I think it’s fair to say Mr Nicholls will be riding. I don’t think having to appear on the telly is a valid reason not to ride. Don’t think he wants a ban plus to lose a shed load of dosh. 

Mind you, this is speedway, so who really knows   

How would Nicholls be banned, he is riding as a guest. If he cant make it to Eastbourne then Leicester will find another guest.

• Like 2

You'll probably not find out who the replacement is until the parade... my guess would be a Lion Cub or Jake Knight

Edited by iainb

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

You'll probably not find out who the replacement is until the parade... my guess would be a Lion Cub or Jake Knight

If that is the case, it should be announced. Fans have shelled out £25 for today's double header. They should be entitled to a refund.

Just how long has this fixture being logged surely kemp and anderson are witholding  their services and should serve a 28 day ban!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

All will become clear at midday when Scott is on the TV in his bright shirt ....or not:rofl:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Just how long has this fixture being logged surely kemp and anderson are witholding  their services and should serve a 28 day ban!

This fixture was arranged less than two weeks ago to avoid a clash with football on TV

Just now, pemburyeagle said:

This fixture was arranged less than two weeks ago to avoid a clash with football on TV

Thanks for that can understand those 2 riders going off then to poland but still sticks in the throat !

1 minute ago, pemburyeagle said:

So they would have known Kemps commitments and that they were signing Andersen:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

So they would have known Kemps commitments and that they were signing Andersen:rolleyes:

Yea so why not on last night?

12 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Rearranged on weds 7 july , was due 11 july but cancelled not to clash with footy final

41 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Yea so why not on last night?

Last night was due to be the night of the British SGP but that was cancelled a while ago.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Scott Nicholls will be at Eastbourne today as guest.

Yup BT Sport have signed up Richard Lawson to replace Scott in the studio.  Apparently part of the deal is that Lawson gets a free haircurt in "make Up" before he appears on TV.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1