British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Stewart

Edinburgh v Newcastle (Championship) Friday 16th July 7:30pm

Might look predictable on paper with Edinburgh having scored 58 at Berwick last Saturday, but Newcastle got 43 at Armadale just over a month ago, and that was with a poor guest performance. Now Barker's back!

WHAT THE FORK MONARCHS: Sam Masters (capt.), Nathan Greaves, William Lawson, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Joe Lawlor, Kye Thomson.

GEC DIAMONDS: Ben Barker, rider replacement for Adam Roynon, Connor Mountain, Max Clegg, Matthew Wethers (capt.), James Wright, Ryan Terry-Daley (guest).

Anyone in the World can watch this match! As with all Armadale meetings this week’s match will be Live Streamed, details in the EMTV section of the club website.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

Anyone in the World can watch this match! As with all Armadale meetings this week’s match will be Live Streamed, details in the EMTV section of the club website.

'Anyone in the World',,, does that include Hart Hill?,,, (or is that a different world). ;)

53 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

'Anyone in the World',,, does that include Hart Hill?,,, (or is that a different world). ;)

Harthill is in the World, even though maybe at the end of it. As far as I understand it is always raining in Harthill.

1 minute ago, Al Stewart said:

Harthill is in the World, even though maybe at the end of it. As far as I understand it is always raining in Harthill.

Yeah ok, but can you get the 'live stream' in Harthill?

43 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I've never tried. Theoretically yes.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Only if you're in the house with electricity

24 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

I've never tried. Theoretically yes.

10 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Only if you're in the house with electricity

Oh well, that's good.

Should be a good meeting problem last time against the diamonds that kept the score close was too many last places. Plenty heat winners which I expect again this Friday, however if we can pick up a few more third places this time round should see us in a more comfortable position.

Anyone in the World can watch this match! As with all Armadale meetings this week’s match will be Live Streamed, details in the EMTV section of the club website

This is a brilliant idea.  I think all other teams should be offering this service.  Some people are nervous about returning to the real world - this could be a great way of increasing "attendance".

I'll certainly be streaming this as long as I can get past the setup and registering part of the website :)

No Nathan greaves tonight R/R for him means rides for everyone apart from Sam and Ritchie. Had a crash yesterday at GB practice session and has a heavily bruised shoulder.

25 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

This is a brilliant idea.  I think all other teams should be offering this service.  Some people are nervous about returning to the real world - this could be a great way of increasing "attendance".

I'll certainly be streaming this as long as I can get past the setup and registering part of the website :)

Absolutely - go for it  !  Anyone who cannot attend for whatever reason and lives more than 50 miles away from the track can catch all the action - live in the comfort of your own garden shed or even indoors if permitted.  Have watched a few of these and really enjoyed them - the production team do a pretty good job and presentation is commendably laid back, with no excessive shouty bits when a home rider hits the front.  Possible exceptions to this are when Josh Pickering gates last and ends up first after taking the scenic route round the dog track.  Who could blame them for that.  Highly recommended.

28 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Absolutely - go for it  !  Anyone who cannot attend for whatever reason and lives more than 50 miles away from the track can catch all the action - live in the comfort of your own garden shed or even indoors if permitted.  Have watched a few of these and really enjoyed them - the production team do a pretty good job and presentation is commendably laid back, with no excessive shouty bits when a home rider hits the front.  Possible exceptions to this are when Josh Pickering gates last and ends up first after taking the scenic route round the dog track.  Who could blame them for that.  Highly recommended.

Well, I'm 220 miles from the track and it will take four hours to drive (which I believe is an ambitious estimate given the M6 on a Friday afternoon).

I'll report back on how partisan the commentating is at a later time :)

3 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

I believe the 50mile restriction for live streams, does not apply at present, due to the restricted attendance limits because of Covid regulations.

In other words anyone can use the online streaming option.

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 1

Another breathtaking ride from Joshie P tonight.

Kye improving every week.

Anybody know if Joe Lawlor will still be isolating next weekend?

got text on the 7 July so his 10 days are up tomorrow