British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Stewart

Edinburgh v Newcastle (Championship) Friday 16th July 7:30pm

14 minutes ago, mac101 said:

got text on the 7 July so his 10 days are up tomorrow 

Thanks.

Well.... As somebody who as worked in IT for, well, a very long time.... I can say that the process to register was very easy and then to buy the ticket for the live stream was really easy.

It was a slick presentation - we all know that speedway is miles better when you are there compared to watching it on TV as it is simply a lot faster when you are there, but this was good, several camera's and you felt close to the action.

I have to say that the comment on this thread above:

"The production team do a pretty good job and presentation is commendably laid back, with no excessive shouty bits when a home rider hits the front.  Possible exceptions to this are when Josh Pickering gates last and ends up first after taking the scenic route round the dog track"

Got mentioned on the commentary at least twice :) it was funny.

Bitchiest comment of the night was at the end of the interview with the mascot "Ed the Monarch" (who was mute) and the commentator stated he said as much as some riders in that interview.  Good stuff :)

I think that other promotions should take a leaf from Edinburgh's book and try the same thing - there was 84 people on the live feed.  That's a good addition for speedway gates.

Well done to all involved.  Even as an away fay watching their team get walloped, it was good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

Well.... As somebody who as worked in IT for, well, a very long time.... I can say that the process to register was very easy and then to buy the ticket for the live stream was really easy.

It was a slick presentation - we all know that speedway is miles better when you are there compared to watching it on TV as it is simply a lot faster when you are there, but this was good, several camera's and you felt close to the action.

I have to say that the comment on this thread above:

"The production team do a pretty good job and presentation is commendably laid back, with no excessive shouty bits when a home rider hits the front.  Possible exceptions to this are when Josh Pickering gates last and ends up first after taking the scenic route round the dog track"

Got mentioned on the commentary at least twice :) it was funny.

Bitchiest comment of the night was at the end of the interview with the mascot "Ed the Monarch" (who was mute) and the commentator stated he said as much as some riders in that interview.  Good stuff :)

I think that other promotions should take a leaf from Edinburgh's book and try the same thing - there was 84 people on the live feed.  That's a good addition for speedway gates.

Well done to all involved.  Even as an away fay watching their team get walloped, it was good.

Agree I streamed the previous week against Berwick and there were over 120 people on the live stream,all revenue needed in these times.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mac101 said:

got text on the 7 July so his 10 days are up tomorrow 

This is a little misleading, he hasn’t just been in contact with someone who has the virus, he has tested positive for it. That will have to change. 

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Agree I streamed the previous week against Berwick and there were over 120 people on the live stream,all revenue needed in these times.

Might be the only way of income eventually!

3 hours ago, Al Stewart said:

This is a little misleading, he hasn’t just been in contact with someone who has the virus, he has tested positive for it. That will have to change. 

it’s still 10 days in self isolation from the day you tested positive but if you still have any symptoms you need to stay in isolation 

4 hours ago, mac101 said:

it’s still 10 days in self isolation from the day you tested positive but if you still have any symptoms you need to stay in isolation 

He tested positive in both the first week and the second, so should that not be ten days from his second test? Or is it just when he eventually gets a negative test? Who knows? He'd certainly have to get a negative test.

1 minute ago, Al Stewart said:

He tested positive in both the first week and the second, so should that not be ten days from his second test? Or is it just when he eventually gets a negative test? Who knows? He'd certainly have to get a negative test.

End of October maybe:P

4 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

he said he was contacted by track and trace then said he went for a pcr tested positive so 10 days from the result which was 7th so would be 17th he would be dew back 

Much better performance compared to the previous performance against the diamonds. I’d like to think the promotion are looking around for potential options as a replacement for Lawson, just not convincing at all at the moment.

big thumbs up to the track staff with the heat wave atm the track was perfect no dust and good bit of grip in it. Big thanks to Grant for grant Henderson tankers for the loan of the water truck as it most certainly done the business.