British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlieboy

Sheffield v kings Lynn

Much improved performance from the Stars and a very well done for that wonder if had anything to do with ditching the former team manager ?

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Has to get his average down a bit more before he becomes attractive for a Championship place?!

If that proves to be the case. I'd do a Buster, and sack him. 

By getting his average down I assume he is throwing wages away too? In not then no wonder the sport is in trouble.

By that I mean a rider is getting paid for 10 every week regardless, so if he only scores 4, it’s no skin off his nose, and his average goes down to boot, meaning the next club will get the benefit too, it’s all wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

By getting his average down I assume he is throwing wages away too? In not then no wonder the sport is in trouble.

By that I mean a rider is getting paid for 10 every week regardless, so if he only scores 4, it’s no skin off his nose, and his average goes down to boot, meaning the next club will get the benefit too, it’s all wrong.

Not necessarily, he could get a flat rate whatever he scores, it’s not that uncommon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not necessarily, he could get a flat rate whatever he scores, it’s not that uncommon.

It is what Hans wanted from us before we signed Ellis, £2k

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

It is what Hans wanted from us before we signed Ellis, £2k

Is that per meeting ?? 

Just intrigued to find out how young Dan Thompson got on last night I know he scored 2+2 but were gift points or did he ride well for his points ??

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

Just intrigued to find out how young Dan Thompson got on last night I know he scored 2+2 but were gift points or did he ride well for his points ??

He rode well.

He was a little of the pace in his first ride.

He was gifted a point in the second ride, but was on the pace

The third ride he did really well beating Kerr who was all over him and stopped him passing him.

The fourth ride he was an the pace.

Overall he did not disgrace himself and show plenty of promise, I not sure that he is quite ready for an Rising Star in the Premiership full time, but this season I would like to see us give him occasional runout with the view to giving him the Rising Star place next season.   

So my first meeting back in the stadium for this match.

My impressions of the meeting.

The first 7 heats were pretty much gate and go, and Kings Lynn were getting out of the gate far better than we were, and were deservedly getting the better of us.

I think we were hampered by the fact that we had lost arguably the best rider or one of the best riders in the league, and a number 1 rider who is not riding anywhere near to his ability.

Not quite sure what is with Batch lack of rides, machinery or attitude, possibly a combination of all 3, but if we are going to progress to the Play offs.

The problem for us is that there is a lack of available riders to replace him so basically we are stuck with him, but you could feel the crowd are starting to get inpatient with him, and that is not good for the rider or club.

Thankfully Ellis, Howarth and new boy Pickering, and bit of back up from our Guest rider Danny King, were hot and they basically got us through what would have been  a disappointing loss.

The Pickering signing was a Masterstroke, not only is he a good rider he is very entertaining and I can see him been a fans favourite as the season progresses.

Kyle Howarth seems a different rider and seems to be showing great form.

Adam Ellis has proved over and over again that he was an excellent signing and I only see him getting better and better.

Dan Thompson showed plenty of promise, I don't think he is quite ready for the step up to the Premiership  just yet but next season with more experience I would like to see the club give him a Rising Star place.

James Wright I am not convince he is the right man for the job, and I think we should be actively look around if his performances don't pick up for a replacement.

Overall a good fight back from the team, but as a team we need to vastly improve as it is Peterborough next week and this time Bomber will be riding at reserve, which is pretty scarier.

And if Jack Holder is missing then we need to chose the best possible Guest rider available to us.          

15 minutes ago, spin king said:

So my first meeting back in the stadium for this match.

My impressions of the meeting.

The first 7 heats were pretty much gate and go, and Kings Lynn were getting out of the gate far better than we were, and were deservedly getting the better of us.

I think we were hampered by the fact that we had lost arguably the best rider or one of the best riders in the league, and a number 1 rider who is not riding anywhere near to his ability.

Not quite sure what is with Batch lack of rides, machinery or attitude, possibly a combination of all 3, but if we are going to progress to the Play offs.

The problem for us is that there is a lack of available riders to replace him so basically we are stuck with him, but you could feel the crowd are starting to get inpatient with him, and that is not good for the rider or club.

Thankfully Ellis, Howarth and new boy Pickering, and bit of back up from our Guest rider Danny King, were hot and they basically got us through what would have been  a disappointing loss.

The Pickering signing was a Masterstroke, not only is he a good rider he is very entertaining and I can see him been a fans favourite as the season progresses.

Kyle Howarth seems a different rider and seems to be showing great form.

Adam Ellis has proved over and over again that he was an excellent signing and I only see him getting better and better.

Dan Thompson showed plenty of promise, I don't think he is quite ready for the step up to the Premiership  just yet but next season with more experience I would like to see the club give him a Rising Star place.

James Wright I am not convince he is the right man for the job, and I think we should be actively look around if his performances don't pick up for a replacement.

Overall a good fight back from the team, but as a team we need to vastly improve as it is Peterborough next week and this time Bomber will be riding at reserve, which is pretty scarier.

And if Jack Holder is missing then we need to chose the best possible Guest rider available to us.          

Tungate is sat around doing nothing but Sweden/Denmark

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Tungate is sat around doing nothing but Sweden/Denmark

Have Tarnow dropped him?

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

We will know for sure within the hour- but apparently yes. They are relegated and trying to save money !!

Interesting.

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Confirmed left out

Well I hope all the UK promoter's say "you dropped us so suck it up". 

• Haha 2