British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dandelion

Finland

Being from Finland myself, although living in the uk most my life, I would love to know more about my home nations speedway, particularly its riders. I am aware of the SM-Liiga's existence and know the results of the first round. But I know next to nothing about most the riders who are in that competition this year. Is there anywhere where I can access information on these riders? I mainly just wanna know who's an u-21 rider and who's an u-19 rider for the 2021 season and who the biggest hopes for Finland are in the future. I know there's a few Finns on this forum, who hopefully can shed some light for me.

The only real talent that I can think of other than the obvious riders like Antti Vuolas and Timi Salonen is the 17 year old (18 now?) Roni Niemela, who scored 12 points from 6 rides against much older riders in the first round of SM-Liiga... Results below

https://www.speedwaynews.pl/aktualnosci/item/73836-niezwykle-wyrownana-inauguracja-sm-liiga-gospodarze-triumfuja-jednym-punktem

I read on ValsarnasĀ  FB feed that Jesse Mustonen has been suspended.

Yes because he didn't come to France for the first Long Track Final. Money reasons were rumoured as the reason.

Just wish there was more information out there... It's pretty impossible to find

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Just wish there was more information out there... It's pretty impossible to find

FSP knows it all- he must beĀ on a bender at the moment or he would haveĀ repliedĀ Ā :D

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

FSP knows it all- he must beĀ on a bender at the moment or he would haveĀ repliedĀ Ā :D

Still one day work left before three weeks off, so this time you got it wrongā€¦ :lol:Ā 

On what Jesper said about money, dont know for sure. But from what Iā€™ve discussed with people in the know, for a racing team to travel to Europe from Finland, covid19 tests and all relatedĀ increase the travel budget between 1-1,5k ā‚¬. Partly because you just dont travel to Marmande from Helsinki on your own in a van.Ā So even though I dont understand, I do understand the bit about staying home. And Jesse being suspended is basic FIM rulebook stuff.

And yes I have info, but ATM not the time. Iā€™d do a Facebook search with rider names and see what comes up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Still one day work left before three weeks off, so this time you got it wrongā€¦ :lol:Ā 

On what Jesper said about money, dont know for sure. But from what Iā€™ve discussed with people in the know, for a racing team to travel to Europe from Finland, covid19 tests and all relatedĀ increase the travel budget between 1-1,5k ā‚¬. Partly because you just dont travel to Marmande from Helsinki on your own in a van.Ā So even though I dont understand, I do understand the bit about staying home. And Jesse being suspended is basic FIM rulebook stuff.

And yes I have info, but ATM not the time. Iā€™d do a Facebook search with rider names and see what comes up.

Cheers... I'll have a scan around on Facebook. I know all the big names. Timo Lahti, Tero Aarnio, Jesse Mustonen, Teemu Lahti although he retired in 2020 if I'm not mistaken.

And there's young riders like Roni Niemela who I know is 16/17? And there's the Vuolas brothers, not sure on their ages? And Timi Salonen is still an under 21 rider for this year too?

Niklas Sayrio is aged 22 now as far as I can find out. But this is all the info I can find on any Finnish riders, other than a few names who rode in the Finnish final in 2019, but can't find any other info on them?

Max Koivula is a name I've seen a few times but don't know anything about him? Is he an older or younger rider? Same goes for Henri Ahlbom...

All info would be greatly appreciated and interesting to knowĀ :t:Ā Just when you've got some time thanks

29 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Our friend Jouni was there in an official capacity I think

Whatever happened to the kid with the big hair ?

Nike Lunna? Was gutted when he dumped the Diamonds on the eve of the season, was so excited to see him ride

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Our friend Jouni was there in an official capacity I think

Whatever happened to the kid with the big hair ?

Not official, but I gather he was literally in pieces after all the crashes. Read in an interview that he now runs a b&b or similar in Bali or thereabouts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Not official, but I gather he was literally in pieces after all the crashes. Read in an interview that he now runs a b&b or similar in Bali or thereabouts.

Well he posted he was going to be the jury president. Thought my memory was ok on thatĀ :D

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well he posted he was going to be the jury president. Thought my memory was ok on thatĀ :D

I was talking about Nike :lol:

I do know Jouni has his FIM official duties. Dont know his current role in the CCP though.

• Haha 1

Oops . Just ignore thatĀ :D

Hello

I'm still unable to find out much information about Finland and their riders, if anyone is able to help, it will be much appreciated

Thanks