British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Wolves v Ippo 19/7

The CL and PL are of a very similar standard nowadays and I expect the is in the bracket of riders who can't/wont make it pay just riding in one league as he doesn't race abroad. 

Great to see pics of Monmore with plenty of fans in.:t:. . 

• Like 1

I think some have too high expectations for Crump, he is 45 and been retired for 8 years, he was never going to be anything like the rider he was and signing him as a number 1 was a crazy decision, should have been a reserve. It’s sad as I was a huge fan of his at his prime when rode for Belle Vue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I think some have too high expectations for Crump, he is 45 and been retired for 8 years, he was never going to be anything like the rider he was and signing him as a number 1 was a crazy decision, should have been a reserve. It’s sad as I was a huge fan of his at his prime when rode for Belle Vue. 

i agree, you cant turn the clock back that far .

37 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

i agree, you cant turn the clock back that far .

I would like to see him ride this season. Unfortunately he was injured when Plymouth rode at Kent recently.

14 hours ago, Col said:

Will likely top the CL averages for how many seasons running? ... higher than Morris, Schlien, Douglas, Nicol, Masters.... 

Yes, he is the king of that domain. 

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

That’s a pretty bizarre thing to say and makes zero sense in all honesty. The bloke’s last meeting for Ipswich was a flawless 15 point maximum where he looked head and shoulders above everyone else on the night. 

If Cook should give the top league up and “just concentrate on the CL”, then 90% of the others in the top flight should do also! 

Not your smartest contribution Steve. 

His scoring was anything but ‘head and shoulders’ last night. Just way too inconsistent in the top flight. Point noted. 

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Yes, he is the king of that domain. 

His scoring was anything but ‘head and shoulders’ last night. Just way too inconsistent in the top flight. Point noted. 

Did you go last night Steve now everything as been lifted covid wise?

On 7/19/2021 at 10:51 PM, stevebrum said:

Crump clearly isn’t fit enough which is a shame because no one wants to see him struggle like this. Cook really needs to concentrate on the CL. 

Spot on and unfortunately we are unlikely to see a fully fit Crump this year so whilst his recovery time would be longer than a much younger rider I think it's unfair of those who say hes no longer up to it, given a certain Mr Hancock ( albeit in regular European racing) was world champion at was it 46 or 47. Unfortunately I think our season unravelled before it started when Klindt pulled out. If Klindt was riding it would have taken the pressure away from Crump. The promoters have tried their best to put together a good side but all the injuries has just rubbed salt into the wound. As for the erractic form of some riders well that's anyone's guess.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TB1 said:

Spot on and unfortunately we are unlikely to see a fully fit Crump this year so whilst his recovery time would be longer than a much younger rider I think it's unfair of those who say hes no longer up to it, given a certain Mr Hancock ( albeit in regular European racing) was world champion at was it 46 or 47. Unfortunately I think our season unravelled before it started when Klindt pulled out. If Klindt was riding it would have taken the pressure away from Crump. The promoters have tried their best to put together a good side but all the injuries has just rubbed salt into the wound. As for the erractic form of some riders well that's anyone's guess.

However, when Crump gets a real average you will be able to strengthen up, that is if can find anybody. Unfortunately by then, due to previous results,  it may be too late to get into the play-offs.

5 hours ago, Beowulf said:

However, when Crump gets a real average you will be able to strengthen up, that is if can find anybody. Unfortunately by then, due to previous results,  it may be too late to get into the play-offs.

Strengthen? If he was replaced whilst still on 8 we could also strengthen.  Personally I would leave him in team and hope he does one more home and away,, then if he wants another go next year,, he will be on a better average for team building 

On 7/20/2021 at 9:54 PM, Trackerman48 said:

Did you go last night Steve now everything as been lifted covid wise?

No unfortunately not, had some family issues to sort. Hope I can get me and my dad there soon tho. :t: