British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Panthers v Aces II 19/07/21

Can't see a topic for this & was planning to visit the EoESg for the second time this season.

Ostergaard goes from reserve to #1 or did I hear a fake news rumour? Who at reserve? Nicholls?

Ace's at full strength?

According to the GSA's from 8/7/21 Ulrich is the number 1 on a 7.09 average.

I heard it was Bomber at reserve as well. Although both he and Scotty sit on the same GSA of 5.81 average on the Speedway GB site.

There must be a way of splitting them. But i don't know what it is.

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I heard it was Bomber at reserve as well. Although both he and Scotty sit on the same GSA of 5.81 average on the Speedway GB site.

The averages are calculated to as many decimal points as are needed to split the riders. If there is an absolute tie the higher rider in the previous GSAs stays higher.

10 hours ago, Col said:

Can't see a topic for this & was planning to visit the EoESg for the second time this season.

Ostergaard goes from reserve to #1 or did I hear a fake news rumour? Who at reserve? Nicholls?

Ace's at full strength?

10 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I heard it’s Bomber at reserve 

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

The Peterborough line-up of Ostergaard at No 1 and Harris at reserve has been known since Issue 11 of the GSAs was published on 2nd July!

Scott and Chris both had averages of 5.81 in Issue 10 (published 25th June) but that wasn't important while they were both in the top 5. Once Ulrich achieved his new MA which took him to No 1 one of Scott and Chris had to go to reserve so it then became necessary to determine who had the lower average. At that point the averages are calculated to as many decimal points as are needed to split the riders. If there is an absolute tie the higher rider in the previous GSAs stays higher.

Is it a case of grabbing a grandstand spot on arrival again, but I assume all seats will be available as it's England's "freedom day".

Oh that will disappoint the jobsworth steward who marches round like Hitler looking for mask down offenders..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Oh that will disappoint the jobsworth steward who marches round like Hitler looking for mask down offenders..

Or is that the conscientious Steward ensuring COVID restrictions are observed for the safety of other fans?

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Or is that the conscientious Steward ensuring COVID restrictions are observed for the safety of other fans?

Like it or not stewards are only  doing what they have been told to. Have not seen any heavy handiness my self.

I would be very concerned if the Panthers promotion aren't enforcing a masks policy in the Grandstand.

They will end up with blood on their hands.

I'll be wearing my face mask and anyone who doesn't sit a few seats away from me will be getting a mouthful.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I would be very concerned if the Panthers promotion aren't enforcing a masks policy in the Grandstand.

They will end up with blood on their hands.

I'll be wearing my face mask and anyone who doesn't sit a few seats away from me will be getting a mouthful.

A mouthful of what ? Will you be sharing your jumbo bag of sweeties with everyone...:)

• Haha 2

Wearing masks has been a token gesture throughout throughout this whole debacle in my opinion anyway...anyway nice weather and no risk of it being off so looking forward to this one...let's hope our 2 Danes can make it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

and no risk of it being off

You've been to Speedway before right? :rofl: