British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Panthers v Aces II 19/07/21

9 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Wearing masks has been a token gesture throughout throughout this whole debacle in my opinion anyway...anyway nice weather and no risk of it being off so looking forward to this one...let's hope our 2 Danes can make it here.

Didn't Belle Vue have a meeting called off as not allowed to water the track ? 

Are advance tickets required or is it now possible to pay on the gate? It’s not clear on Panthers website unless I have missed something.

28 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Didn't Belle Vue have a meeting called off as not allowed to water the track ? 

And BV had a meeting called off because somebody had buried a load of rubbish under one of the bends :oops:

I also remember a meeting at Peterborough being cancelled on a day similar to today because they had overwatered the straight in front of the grandstand, because of the shadow it casts... I remember the guy who did the track (Richard Greer?) being forced onto the mic to explain himself and apologise to the crowd.

I'm sure it'll be fine tonight though... looking forward to it.

14 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The Peterborough line-up of Ostergaard at No 1 and Harris at reserve has been known since Issue 11 of the GSAs was published on 2nd July!

Scott and Chris both had averages of 5.81 in Issue 10 (published 25th June) but that wasn't important while they were both in the top 5. Once Ulrich achieved his new MA which took him to No 1 one of Scott and Chris had to go to reserve so it then became necessary to determine who had the lower average. At that point the averages are calculated to as many decimal points as are needed to split the riders. If there is an absolute tie the higher rider in the previous GSAs stays higher.

Thanks for the clarity Neil. Good to have someone on here who knows all the rules.

52 minutes ago, Jancarz said:

Are advance tickets required or is it now possible to pay on the gate? It’s not clear on Panthers website unless I have missed something.

PETERBOROUGH have moved to update fans on their admission policy ahead of tonight's eagerly awaited clash with Belle Vue at the Showground.

The club would still prefer fans to buy in advance via the link on the homepage of the club's website.

However, there remains the option to pay on the gate but this will mean slower admission than those with advance tickets.

Club owner Keith Chapman said: "We've been getting a lot of enquiries about the admission policy from today so we feel it appropriate to issue this update.

"Fans are welcome to pay on the gate, but we would prefer advance orders as this speeds up the process of admission to the venue.

"We're looking forward to a great night of racing against Belle Vue with great weather, we need to win and I'm sure Rob Lyon will have all the boys fired up for it."

Edited by Panther1997
  • Thanks 1

Ostergaard at number 1 concerns me even though he's done very well at reserve. Hope I'm wrong.

52 minutes ago, iainb said:

I also remember a meeting at Peterborough being cancelled on a day similar to today because they had overwatered the straight in front of the grandstand, because of the shadow it casts... I remember the guy who did the track (Richard Greer?) being forced onto the mic to explain himself and apologise to the crowd.

I'm sure it'll be fine tonight though... looking forward to it.

They did the same at Oxford. Luckily i was at Arena Essex that night!

4 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Wearing masks has been a token gesture throughout throughout this whole debacle in my opinion anyway...anyway nice weather and no risk of it being off so looking forward to this one...let's hope our 2 Danes can make it here.

No mask enforcement or Covid stewards at Eastbourne yesterday. They jumped the gun by a day because of the extreme heat. I was grateful not to wear one.

Edited by cityrebel
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Revenge on the Aces.

Landslide victory for us. Dan Bewley's form has dropped right off and since that happend Belle Vue have started to drop points everywhere. Bewley has to go through the card in order for the Aces to take a league point imo.

• Haha 3

Do Peterborough normally have an ice cream van in warm weather?

21 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Do Peterborough normally have an ice cream van in warm weather?

They have in the past but not seen one this year

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

They have in the past but not seen one this year

Will the Bar be open now restrictions lifted??  It looked like closed permanently  from the state of the inside up until now.

Just now, wealdstone said:

Will the Bar be open now restrictions lifted??  It looked like closed permanently  from the state of the inside up until now.

The bar was open at Mildenhall yesterday, so hopefully so.. 

Ritchie Worrall is ill so good old R/R gets another run out for Belle Vue at the No2 position.