British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Glasgow - 23/07/21

think this will go to a last heat decider and reserves will be the key 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mac101 said:

think this will go to a last heat decider and reserves will be the key 

If it's a last heat decider surely the reserves will no longer be having an influence? 

Monarchs at ‘full’ strength tonight according to twitter.

Will the Scottish Smarzlik‘s season start tonight ? Hope so.

2 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

If it's a last heat decider surely the reserves will no longer be having an influence? 

Yes - a number of folks are saying that reserves hold the key to this one, but there are so many other variables in play at present that makes it exceptionally difficult to call.  One favourite to watch out for is Ulrich Ostergaard.  Who could forget his superb 15 points for Newcastle on his last visit -  and here he is again ! ( Nudge, nudge, wink, wink....say no more )  His tremendous match winning performance for Peterborough at Sheffield last night serves as another reminder of what a danger he will be.   If speedway did musicals -  will they be singing Rhapsody In Blue in the East or will Tonight be a West Side Story ?  Not long now to find out which one.

What's this nonsense I'm seeing that if you're within 25miles of Armadale, you won't be able to watch the stream? :rolleyes: 

3 minutes ago, Cerro said:

What's this nonsense I'm seeing that if you're within 25miles of Armadale, you won't be able to watch the stream? :rolleyes: 

Are we back to that? I suppose level zero and all that….. 

2 minutes ago, Cerro said:

How is it nonsense?  They want people at the track.  If it's a fair way to travel then the stream is a good option.  The nearer you are the more likely you are to go to the track.  It's common sense on Edinburgh's part IMO.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

How is it nonsense?  They want people at the track.  If it's a fair way to travel then the stream is a good option.  The nearer you are the more likely you are to go to the track.  It's common sense on Edinburgh's part IMO.

So unfortunate Glaswegian people like myself who are having to self isolate due to a close contact aren't allowed to watch the stream? Its nonsense. I can guarentee I won't be the only one who can't attend tonight due to various reasons. Fair play to the Edinburgh promotion right enough, must be doing well If they don't want our money.

1 minute ago, Cerro said:

So unfortunate Glaswegian people like myself who are having to self isolate due to a close contact aren't allowed to watch the stream? Its nonsense. I can guarentee I won't be the only one who can't attend tonight due to various reasons. Fair play to the Edinburgh promotion right enough, must be doing well If they don't want our money.

Instead of complaining how about you read the full article. It states if you are within the 25 mile radius and can’t attend contact the club as to why and they will do their best to help. 
so for example if you’re isolating they would probably allow you to have the stream.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Sam will take care of Cook I have no doubt. 

I didn't realise Masters was on tea making duty tonight.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Instead of complaining how about you read the full article. It states if you are within the 25 mile radius and can’t attend contact the club as to why and they will do their best to help. 
so for example if you’re isolating they would probably allow you to have the stream.

Sent an email this morning Blobby but haven't heard anything back. Have since learned I can take a short 'holiday' to somewhere a bit further south and it should work.

Edited by Cerro

Glasgows strength in depth will be too much for our weaker bottom end tonight. Wells to rack up a decent score tonight is also a given. Hopefully tonights ref doesn’t miss all ulrichs rollers like last night. 

money men by 4.

30 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Glasgows strength in depth will be too much for our weaker bottom end tonight. Wells to rack up a decent score tonight is also a given. Hopefully tonights ref doesn’t miss all ulrichs rollers like last night. 

money men by 4.

Sedgmen should be the key man tonight.

Just paid for the stream sure it will be worth it.