British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Glasgow - 23/07/21

Ulrich has a broken wrist and lower back injury, from official Glasgow page

1 hour ago, nagy1 said:

Massive credit to the track staff last night. Kept the dust to an absolute minimum.

And for keeping us entertained priming gates 2&4 at the interval when there was little else memorable on track. After Eastbourne seems we will be posting a sentry at the start line in away meetings.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Ulrich has a broken wrist and lower back injury, from official Glasgow page

Best wishes to him, gives us a major problem for Sunday. Even with a broken wrist I can't see Ulle returning until September, wonder if this will now prompt two team changes as we can't replicate his points on a 7.15 average.

Edited by MD

50 minutes ago, MD said:

And for keeping us entertained priming gates 2&4 at the interval when there was little else memorable on track. After Eastbourne seems we will be posting a sentry at the start line in away meetings.

Get woffy to have a go with his shovel:rofl:

Kyle Howarth looks to be the only rider around Ulrich's average available tomorrow. 

I would go with R/R tomorrow @2 everyone eligible to take a ride and with Sam flying round Ashfield put him @5  

Edited by Gazc

Glasgow top of league and were rumoured to be making changes.

We have had only 3 / 4 riders performing in most meetings and nothing done about it. 

A slight dip from any of our top 3 and we struggle in matches. 4 points from 3 riders last night and ironically William Lawson looked more like rider we expect him to be. Begs the question does he put enough effort into his equipment prep.

Nathan clearly not fit and Joe struggling too.

Draw would have been fair result last night. Sad Brown chose to comment that ‘we deserved to win’.

Hope Ulrich out of hospital soon. Has been great to watch on TV with Panthers.

8 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Glasgow top of league and were rumoured to be making changes.

We have had only 3 / 4 riders performing in most meetings and nothing done about it. 

A slight dip from any of our top 3 and we struggle in matches. 4 points from 3 riders last night and ironically William Lawson looked more like rider we expect him to be. Begs the question does he put enough effort into his equipment prep.

Nathan clearly not fit and Joe struggling too.

Draw would have been fair result last night. Sad Brown chose to comment that ‘we deserved to win’.

Hope Ulrich out of hospital soon. Has been great to watch on TV with Panthers.

Alex Harkess also chose to make a similar comment about last night .

I also thought we just about deserved it over the piece.

Comments below don't see anything wrong with either comments tbh.

didn't get the chance to race heat 15 in which I felt we would get an advantage.”

Edited by Gazc

1 hour ago, MD said:

Looked to me like he was trying to make all the gates fairer.

#1 certainly seemed to have too much of an advantage up til then.

And how was he doing 2 and 4 but not 3?!!

And I think he was working his way across to #1 when the complaints came in.

They have done it over the past few matches including the Newcastle one so not really going for an advantage.

25 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Kyle Howarth looks to be the only rider around Ulrich's average available tomorrow. 

I would go with R/R tomorrow @2 everyone eligible to take a ride and with Sam flying round Ashfield put him @5  

Got to be your old pal Summers surely?!!

What about Jorgensen?

Really bad luck on Ostergaard - he's been flying this season. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Alex Harkess' comment was about right though.

Sam on gate 1 and Picko on 3. Sam was never going to repeat his mistake from heat 13 and indeed flew out of the traps. Josh was always going to have the edge on Cookie who looked slow all evening and could well have kept Ostergaard behind him as long as he gated reasonably well.

But we'll never know.

I think a draw would have been a fair result.

I remember a few years back when we were up on holiday and watch us get humped at home by Glasgow.

The return match was that weekend but we were on the train at the same time. Couldn't believe the updates as we piled on the heat wins. Ran out of internet around heat 10 but found we had won comfortably.

History repeat would be good!!

10 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Got to be your old pal Summers surely?!!

What about Jorgensen?

Really bad luck on Ostergaard - he's been flying this season. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Alex Harkess' comment was about right though.

Sam on gate 1 and Picko on 3. Sam was never going to repeat his mistake from heat 13 and indeed flew out of the traps. Josh was always going to have the edge on Cookie who looked slow all evening and could well have kept Ostergaard behind him as long as he gated reasonably well.

But we'll never know.

I think a draw would have been a fair result.

I remember a few years back when we were up on holiday and watch us get humped at home by Glasgow.

The return match was that weekend but we were on the train at the same time. Couldn't believe the updates as we piled on the heat wins. Ran out of internet around heat 10 but found we had won comfortably.

History repeat would be good!!

Jorgensen is at Eastbourne tonight with Scunthorpe so ruled him out for that reason , As you say we will never know and hopefully history will not repeat itself but will be another close one tomorrow.

Hope your well :t:

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

I was thinking the same also as it would give Cook a rare outing in ht8 & should guarantee a home 5 - 1.

Will your team manager be as astute as you? :P

• Haha 1

Just now, cyclone said:

I was thinking the same also as it would give Cook a rare outing in ht8 & should guarantee a home 5 - 1.

Will your team manager be as astute as you? :P

Might have no choice with guests available  thin on the ground.

kyle riding at newcastle in place of marty weathers 

9 minutes ago, mac101 said:

kyle riding at newcastle in place of marty weathers 

R/R it is then.

48 minutes ago, Gazc said:

R/R it is then.

need a guest RR will weaken us i think pretty sure they will sort it out