British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Glasgow - 23/07/21

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Nathan clearly not fit and Joe struggling too.

Joe struggling? Is that comment related to last night or all season?

Last night, he did his job by beating Connor Bailey in heat 2. Pray tell where else you expected him to pick up points?

Re the grading on the start line, I didn't really pay much attention to it. However, if there were inconsistencies afoot then hats off to Sir Jim for upholding the rule book.

As for awkward Ostergaard, fair play that he managed to escape relatively lightly. I somehow doubt he'll receive a get well card from the real THJ though, especially after Reading 2008...

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Kyle Howarth looks to be the only rider around Ulrich's average available tomorrow. 

I would go with R/R tomorrow @2 everyone eligible to take a ride and with Sam flying round Ashfield put him @5  

Will the teams not already be declared?  Would think if it's R/R it would be at 5 (or wherever Glasgow had Ulrich at prior to last night).

4 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Joe struggling? Is that comment related to last night or all season?

Last night, he did his job by beating Connor Bailey in heat 2. Pray tell where else you expected him to pick up points?

Re the grading on the start line, I didn't really pay much attention to it. However, if there were inconsistencies afoot then hats off to Sir Jim for upholding the rule book.

As for awkward Ostergaard, fair play that he managed to escape relatively lightly. I somehow doubt he'll receive a get well card from the real THJ though, especially after Reading 2008...

Think Joe will be in double figures for league points now for the season?

He seems to be struggling for points (possibly apart from a couple of matches). Hopefully he will improve as the season goes on.

Guests to cover for Ulrich are limited, Howarth already guesting at Newcastle, only other options are T Jorgensen or T Arnio, who doubtfully would replicate Ulli 's points, will probably be r/r but our inconsistent riders would need to be on it , and Cammy would need to change the riding order to maximise our possible points scoring.

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Guests to cover for Ulrich are limited, Howarth already guesting at Newcastle, only other options are T Jorgensen or T Arnio, who doubtfully would replicate Ulli 's points, will probably be r/r but our inconsistent riders would need to be on it , and Cammy would need to change the riding order to maximise our possible points scoring.

Surely you'll hire a plane or helicopter to get Jorgensen up from Eastbourne? 

• Haha 1

Jye Etheridge guesting for Ostergaard tomorrow. Oh f**k!

37 minutes ago, MD said:

Jye Etheridge guesting for Ostergaard tomorrow. Oh f**k!

Depends which form he brings,Belle Vue or Berwick:P 

I would be tempted to put Jye at 2 with Craig and Sam at 5 . Obviously you can’t expect him to score what Ulrich would have but he should be ok riding with Cookie and outscore the opposing second strings.

24 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I would be tempted to put Jye at 2 with Craig and Sam at 5 . Obviously you can’t expect him to score what Ulrich would have but he should be ok riding with Cookie and outscore the opposing second strings.

Time for Sedgmen to step up to the plate. He may be required to have 7 rides depending on circumstances and we are overdue a decent shift from him. Posting elsewhere that Nathan Greaves will be r/r which would give Kye Thomson as the rider above and the reserves extra rides. Lawson looked a reasonable rider on Friday, hopefully his dad tinkers with his engines between now and Sunday :D.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Rumour tonight at Berwick that Thomas Jorgensen could well be the guest at Berwick next Saturday.

16 minutes ago, screm said:

Rumour tonight at Berwick that Thomas Jorgensen could well be the guest at Berwick next Saturday.

I suspect Ulrichs season is unfortunately over and we will make more than one change to accommodate a new No5 sooner rather than later.

Just now, MD said:

I suspect Ulrichs season is unfortunately over and we will make more than one change to accommodate a new No5 sooner rather than later.

Be as well waiting until the new averages take effect.

In all likelihood we will have more to play with.

Disappointing way to end the match in those circumstances. Of course the week Lawson scores well Nathan and kye have a bit of a stinker. However not sure how fit Nathan was. 
don’t understand mr McGregor issue with ripping up the starts, they get ripped up about half way through the meeting every week to try and keep them grippy. Obviously wanted to be centre of attention as usual.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Disappointing way to end the match in those circumstances. Of course the week Lawson scores well Nathan and kye have a bit of a stinker. However not sure how fit Nathan was. 
don’t understand mr McGregor issue with ripping up the starts, they get ripped up about half way through the meeting every week to try and keep them grippy. Obviously wanted to be centre of attention as usual.

Maybe because They only ripped up the home teams start gates giving the home team a little advantage so made the tractor  do the same to the other 2 

Edited by mac101

18 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Maybe because They only ripped up the home teams start gates giving the home team a little advantage so made the tractor  do the same to the other 2 

Must have been some advantage the Monarchs were expecting being on gates 4,3 and 2 as all 3 were done by the time McGregor made a twit of himself.

Michael Max while out overseeing it was happy that what was being done was fair as well the only one with an issue was McGregor 

If you wish to see the evidence (not sure anyone can be that bothered watching what a tractor does) then the clip is here :

https://vimeo.com/578838651/48335fd34b

Only person that had any issue was McGregor and I believe his gripe was he hadn’t been told the gates were going to be ripped up