British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Glasgow - 23/07/21

7 hours ago, mac101 said:

Maybe because They only ripped up the home teams start gates giving the home team a little advantage so made the tractor  do the same to the other 2 

6 hours ago, gmuncie said:

Must have been some advantage the Monarchs were expecting being on gates 4,3 and 2 as all 3 were done by the time McGregor made a twit of himself.

Michael Max while out overseeing it was happy that what was being done was fair as well the only one with an issue was McGregor 

If you wish to see the evidence (not sure anyone can be that bothered watching what a tractor does) then the clip is here :

https://vimeo.com/578838651/48335fd34b

Only person that had any issue was McGregor and I believe his gripe was he hadn’t been told the gates were going to be ripped up

6 hours ago, Gazc said:

I only see want I want to see reply from Blobby, obviously uncle Jim saw what was going on and wasn’t having it.

I mean the video clearly shows he’s ripped up all 4 gates. But aye I’ve only got my blue and gold specs on boys, dear oh dear.

7 hours ago, gmuncie said:

Must have been some advantage the Monarchs were expecting being on gates 4,3 and 2 as all 3 were done by the time McGregor made a twit of himself.

Michael Max while out overseeing it was happy that what was being done was fair as well the only one with an issue was McGregor 

If you wish to see the evidence (not sure anyone can be that bothered watching what a tractor does) then the clip is here :

https://vimeo.com/578838651/48335fd34b

Only person that had any issue was McGregor and I believe his gripe was he hadn’t been told the gates were going to be ripped up

Deffo looks like all 4 gates to me. Just the farthest away part of #1 still to be done when he was interrupted. 

1 hour ago, MD said:

F**king Berwick, three measly points and third in the only 5-1 of the meeting.

Hindsight is Great thing,but really Glasgow should have went with R/R.Sedgmen and Wells are not really doing the job they were brought in for.Don’t thinkSedgmen was brought in to Win Ht 2,and Wells not winning heats at Home.Edinburgh deserved their win.Decent matchIMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Hindsight is Great thing,but really Glasgow should have went with R/R.Sedgmen and Wells are not really doing the nod they were brought in for.Don’t thinkSedgmen was brought in to Win Ht 2,and Wells not winning heats at Home.Edinburgh deserved their win.Decent matchIMO.

Most off us were saying last night R/R was the better option.

27 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Hindsight is Great thing,but really Glasgow should have went with R/R.Sedgmen and Wells are not really doing the nod they were brought in for.Don’t thinkSedgmen was brought in to Win Ht 2,and Wells not winning heats at Home.Edinburgh deserved their win.Decent matchIMO.

Im convinced we will move on one of Sedgmen or Wells shortly. Sedg should be using his time at reserve to propel himself strongly back to the 1-5 but isnt. Broc Nicol could do with a run at reserve as he has faded since the start of the season. Changes now, or not, will determine our season, I think we've been patient enough to this point.

Edinburgh Heat Leaders match any other Teams in the League,p

47 minutes ago, MD said:

Im convinced we will move on one of Sedgmen or Wells shortly. Sedg should be using his time at reserve to propel himself strongly back to the 1-5 but isnt. Broc Nicol could do with a run at reserve as he has faded since the start of the season. Changes now, or not, will determine our season, I think we've been patient enough to this point.

That Team won’t win the Play Offs.IMO.Edinburgh are the Dark Horses for the Title IMO.Lawson still not performing ,gave away a shed load of points today when in scoring positions.

16 hours ago, MD said:

While I can see there's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to the home defeat, the criticism of Justin Sedgmen seems a bit unfair.

Although at reserve, he has continued to increase his rolling average month-on-month -- what more can be expected of him?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

While I can see there's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to the home defeat, the criticism of Justin Sedgmen seems a bit unfair.

Although at reserve, he has continued to increase his rolling average month-on-month -- what more can be expected of him?

Increase it by more;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Sedg needs to be taking points from second strings especially at home. Yesterday he only beat the Edinburgh reserves who gained 3 points and 8 last places between them, a not so difficult task to gain 7 points. He would arguably have beaten Nathan Greaves but you just never know. Its not just an expectation that he wins ht2.

Sedg is stylish and controlled but sticks rigidly to the inner half of the track even when the racing lines have moved out wide. Time to be a bit less conservative and push beyond his comfort zone. He's got the ability and the team really needs a free scoring reserve now Sam Jensen has moved up and injuries have struck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

The rumour mill was out in force before the 2 Derby matches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

The rumour mill was out in force before the 2 Derby matches.

Exactly wasn’t just after a home loss that this was rumoured, it has been there poor form all season albeit Sedgmen to a lesser extent.