British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 22/07/21

Some terrific racing at the AFA tonight track looked good but then it should be as Buster got all his toys out and done about 12 laps, would have finished about 20 minutes earlier otherwise.

Great to see. A good crowd and we won. Great to see the riders walking trough the crowd on the home straight:) Introduced a new fan tonight. He loved it :t: 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Great to see. A good crowd and we won. Great to see the riders walking trough the crowd on the home straight:) Introduced a new fan tonight. He loved it :t: 

And you did the Panthers a big favour so good night all round :t:

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Some terrific racing at the AFA tonight track looked good but then it should be as Buster got all his toys out and done about 12 laps, would have finished about 20 minutes earlier otherwise.

We got a new manager, first home win, with some good racing. And your moaning about 20 mins. Your a genuine fan?? lol :rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, noggin said:

He'll be on soon to offer his congratulations lol not.

Geoff : " you only sing when you're winning". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Nah, BV have 3 reserves. One of them is riding at no1.

LOL

Brilliant night, great racing and we WON!!

Super atmosphere, helped by man on the mic. Best micman we've had for years

Can we still sneak in playoffs?! 

7 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Not for me.But a great night:t:

Loved it all but haven't been for about 15 years due to work, will go again when I can

38 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Unlikely to be honest.

First speedway meeting tonight for me since Lakeside closed. Thoroughly enjoyed cheering on the stars. My wife and kids thoroughly enjoyed the occasion too, after dragging them from our holiday home to come with me to watch. 

great to see awesome Lawson still the same rider as I fondly remember. Jorgensen a real talent. Good to see Bewley also, great prospect for GB. 

thanks to the welcoming lynn fans in the grandstand. Hope the lady that fell after heat 15 is ok 

Edited by TRM

Watching as a neutral I think the best team on the night won the meeting, I was surprised that in heat 15 Belle Vue didn’t use Kurtz, considering he came good in the latter heats at the showground on monday, and knowing that they needed a heat advantage in the final race I was even more surprised that Bewley was on gate 1.

17 minutes ago, NickH114 said:

Watching as a neutral I think the best team on the night won the meeting, I was surprised that in heat 15 Belle Vue didn’t use Kurtz, considering he came good in the latter heats at the showground on monday, and knowing that they needed a heat advantage in the final race I was even more surprised that Bewley was on gate 1.

The team that won on the night got to use a tac sub though at home, draw would have been a fair result.

The partner for Bewley in heat 15 was a big debate between BV fans. Kurtz was very poor in heat 13 and most of the night apart from one ride. Worrall had been decent but not been out since heat 11 and no offence didn’t think he would have beaten Jorgensen & Lawson (although he gave it a good go). I would have picked Kurtz and hoped he popped out of the gate.

But for Belle Vue in the end it was lost in heat 14, neither rider should have been beaten by Mountain in that.
No need for the big cheers though when Etheridge fell heavily into the fence and the the subsequent jeering and abuse he got from Kings Lynn fans for not getting up. 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

No need for the big cheers though when Etheridge fell heavily into the fence and the the subsequent jeering and abuse he got from Kings Lynn fans for not getting up. 

It's sort of nice to hear that the Kings Lynn fans are still as unsporting as I remember them from years ago :rolleyes::unsure: