British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 22/07/21

4 hours ago, HenryW said:

It's sort of nice to hear that the Kings Lynn fans are still as unsporting as I remember them from years ago :rolleyes::unsure:

I think you've missed the word 'some' out Henry, every track has them unfortunately. I expect feelings were running high during heat 14 but it's never acceptable to cheer a fallen rider IMO.

• Like 2

Big congratulations to the team on there win and a great start for Alex Brady 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

No need for the big cheers though when Etheridge fell heavily into the fence and the the subsequent jeering and abuse he got from Kings Lynn fans for not getting up. 

Don't remember that. I was standing between bends one and two and we certainly cheered when we were awarded 5-1. And people clapped when he got up. Must have only been a few idiots.

From my view point, it looked like Worrall steamed under Etheridge causing him to fall. I know it was irrelevant to score, but Worrall should have been excluded

• Like 1

Hopefully Lynn fans didn’t give Etheridge the finger,  you know the spare one.

First things first. A massive well done to Lynn and Alex Brady. 

Alex being a fan of 25 years means he's in his dream job. The enthusiasm he would have brought to the pits last night clearly rubbed off on the riders and he got them all fighting for every point. 

Racing was the best I've seen there for a while. 

You was always going to win a home match and unfortunately it was us to give that to you. 

A very poor heat 14 and a very poor Brady kurtz cost us. 

Kurtz just cant seem to gate right now. Where in Poland hes doing very good and as improved but for us he's gone backwards. All I can think off is that he cznt get used to the new tyre. 

There were a few moans and jeers at etheridge when he fell but I think they thought he stayed down on purpose. But obviously in the end thst wasn't the case and they rightly applauded him off the track. 

Anyway

Well done on the win.  Belle vue not good enough,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Waiting to hear what crap GAH comes out with? 

Still waiting to read Belle Vue,s take on the match, it’s still not on the website.

Mind you it must be hard to find the words after being 6 up with 4 races left and then lose.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Still waiting to read Belle Vue,s take on the match, it’s still not on the website.

Mind you it must be hard to find the words after being 6 up with 4 races left and then lose.

The pits were very quiet on our side. Probably needs time to calm down.  

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

First things first. A massive well done to Lynn and Alex Brady. 

Alex being a fan of 25 years means he's in his dream job. The enthusiasm he would have brought to the pits last night clearly rubbed off on the riders and he got them all fighting for every point. 

Racing was the best I've seen there for a while. 

You was always going to win a home match and unfortunately it was us to give that to you. 

A very poor heat 14 and a very poor Brady kurtz cost us. 

Kurtz just cant seem to gate right now. Where in Poland hes doing very good and as improved but for us he's gone backwards. All I can think off is that he cznt get used to the new tyre. 

There were a few moans and jeers at etheridge when he fell but I think they thought he stayed down on purpose. But obviously in the end thst wasn't the case and they rightly applauded him off the track. 

Anyway

Well done on the win.  Belle vue not good enough,

Kurtz form is very inconsistent this year, looked poor in his first 2 at Peterborough on Monday and was absolutely flying in his last 3, on the basis he is the no 1 I would have had him in heat 15 with Bewley.

That was a big ask for Richie Worrall, IMO

Edited by bigcatdiary

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Kurtz form is very inconsistent this year, looked poor in his first 2 at Peterborough on Monday and was absolutely flying in his last 3, on the basis he is the no 1 I would have had him in heat 15 with Bewley.

Yes. We debated amo get ourselves on who to put in to partner Dan. We all picked kurtz in the hopes he could gate and that Worrall hadn't been out since heat 11. And with the interval stopped riding a good 40 mins before. 

As it turned out I though Richie looked good and more aggressive than I've ever seen him in heat 15 but just diddnt have enough 

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you've missed the word 'some' out Henry, every track has them unfortunately. I expect feelings were running high during heat 14 but it's never acceptable to cheer a fallen rider IMO.

This line is trotted out when ever one of your chosen team falls and a section cheer.  It happens at every track without any question yet posters seem to indicate it’s every fan at that particular track which as we know is total nonsense. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 10:43 PM, Bald Bloke said:

We got a new manager, first home win, with some good racing. And your moaning about 20 mins. Your a genuine fan?? lol :rofl:

Flipping Nora, he's not another one who wants a meeting over and done with in half hour!! jeeeeeez 

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Yes. We debated amo get ourselves on who to put in to partner Dan. We all picked kurtz in the hopes he could gate and that Worrall hadn't been out since heat 11. And with the interval stopped riding a good 40 mins before. 

As it turned out I though Richie looked good and more aggressive than I've ever seen him in heat 15 but just diddnt have enough 

He was aggressive orite but picked on the wrong one in Jorgensen :)

10 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Is Kurtz lowering his average to get back to Poole, never can trust riders with Poole connections ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Trees said:

He was aggressive orite but picked on the wrong one in Jorgensen :)

Jorgy was more aggressive. But that's racing. That's what I want to see. 

• Like 1