British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth v Glasgow

Where’s Bene Rach when you need him ;).

Edited by Gazc

1 minute ago, MD said:

We are one rider short of being a decent team. It would also benefit us and Connor Bailey if he found an NDL team to ride more regularly to sharpen up.

I thought eastbournes side was good pre season but you cant win with 2 riders going bad . Looking from the outside in glasgow have sort of almost missed the open goal tonight. Heaven knows the pelters they would have got if not winning tonight

Just now, ruckerroo said:

I thought eastbournes side was good pre season but you cant win with 2 riders going bad . Looking from the outside in glasgow have sort of almost missed the open goal tonight. Heaven knows the pelters they would have got if not winning tonight

It’s more the frustration that you have two experienced riders that you know have the pedigree but for whatever reason it is just not happening for them.

The promotion will see this also and do what is best for the team , wether they persevere with them remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Was there tonight if we had crump who knows what might have happened but Craig cook is brilliant great to watch but  watching Wells tonight he was poor and I expected so much more from sedgeman I think if Glasgow stick with that team you may come up short again when it comes to handing out the medals.good luck to you for the rest of the season.

9 hours ago, spt82 said:

It's Sedgmen people, not Sedgeman or Sedgemen. ;)

Maybe we should sign Sedgeman or Sedgemen……..could be worth a try……lol

I know folk are saying 'if only' about Crump.  The only difference I see is possibly Ht1.

In Ht1,Plymouth would have got a 3-3 instead of losing 2-4. As it was, if Bowtell hadnt shed a chain, it would most likely be a 3-3 anyway. In Crumps other rides, Bjarne won 2 of them, one as IRR and one as tac sub. Ht13 and 15 would have most likely have been the same anyway. Keleher rode well in both. Of course, thats all a matter of opinion. We will never know for sure.

Cook made it look so easy. At one point, he almost took Bjarne in Ht15, but then eased off knowing 2 points were good enough for the win.

I disagree with the meeting Updater in Ht5. It was Keleher in 2nd, not Cook.

What has Bjarne got to do to be awarded right of the night? He has been awesome all season. I am all for highlighting the so called 'lesser lights', but in all honesty, I dont get Keleher getting it again. He was good, dont get me wrong, but Bjarne was pure class.

Anyway, I think the 'Man of the Match' should have gone to Mark Phillips. How on earth he kept the track in such good condition all night in that blistering heat, I dont know. Well, I do actually. Sheer hard work. He deserves a lot of credit for his hard graft, not only last night, but all other meetings as well.

Plymouth a tad unlucky to lose, but with only 6 race winners at home, Bjarne getting 5 of them, it does make it very hard work. Expected a lot more from Glasgow who seem to make a habit of making a sows ear out of a silk purse.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, spt82 said:

It's Sedgmen people, not Sedgeman or Sedgemen. ;)

Duly noted will remember this when I am filling my programme in next time he visits with the opposition team.

• Haha 2

Please note the various reports that Crump Clashed with Cook are incorrect. Sam Jensen didn't turn left forcing Crump the race leader to fall, Cook on the outside had nowhere to go, did well to lay it down but still hit Crump.

So please "PRESS REPORTERS" get your facts right.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Please note the various reports that Crump Clashed with Cook are incorrect. Sam Jensen didn't turn left forcing Crump the race leader to fall, Cook on the outside had nowhere to go, did well to lay it down but still hit Crump.

Spot on thats how I saw it,cooks front wheel hit crumps ribs.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Jensen who was off gate 2 had beaten Ruml from the gate 1 and was turning tight in front of crump when Ruml who was inside and clamped nudged him and it caused a domino effect and craig had to lay the bike down as he was on the outside and slid into jason and i was watching it from the pit gate racing incident you see every week 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If Edinburgh can get Lawson going back at reserve they will be challengers,with their heat leaders all going well and Thomson improving every week.

The Scottish Smarzlik he ain’t.

• Haha 1