British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent v Eastbourne tues 20th July 6-30pm KO cup

Ok so this is pretty much a dead rubber as far as the overall result is concerned ..But if the racing is as good as last week ,it is definately worth a visit,,,Admission 0n the gate ,no more need for pre match booking,,,,,,Scott Nicholls,and Paul Starke are real racers and are flying at the moment,, And with some detirmined efforts from Ben Morley and Dan Gilks  and hoping for a better return from Paul Hurry ,we could even get a result on the night......I believe Kyle Howorth guests for the resting Cameron Heeps....I am anticipating some great racing ,and i recon the stadium will be packed for the first time this season,,,,,,

• Like 1

49-41 to kent, only 1 weak link tonight so should be able to get the win

Given the tie has gone its certainly encouraging that Kent have booked a strong guest for this one and could end up paying out for a good few points this week. No meeting against Eastbourne is ever a dead rubber and there will always be a little bit of contention on the night. That said Lawson won't be arriving to make up the numbers and if Kennett can start doing a bit along with lively Brennan the heat leaders could be in for a battle. Sadly Edwards form has really suffered with the time off and Hurry must be eyeing the chance for a point should they meet and as the NDL at Eastbourne proved at the weekend even staying upright can bring points on the right day. 

Fingers crossed Len doesn't ruin the track with water and there is good racing on show tonight. 

21 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Given the tie has gone its certainly encouraging that Kent have booked a strong guest for this one and could end up paying out for a good few points this week. No meeting against Eastbourne is ever a dead rubber and there will always be a little bit of contention on the night. That said Lawson won't be arriving to make up the numbers and if Kennett can start doing a bit along with lively Brennan the heat leaders could be in for a battle. Sadly Edwards form has really suffered with the time off and Hurry must be eyeing the chance for a point should they meet and as the NDL at Eastbourne proved at the weekend even staying upright can bring points on the right day. 

Fingers crossed Len doesn't ruin the track with water and there is good racing on show tonight. 

Thunderstorms forecast. Let's hope that nature doesent ruin the track!!!

city rebel  - keeping an eye on those thunderstorms,  at the mo they are over Maidstone. Rainfall radar showing heavy rain is also centred on Maidstone - south of Sittingbourne.  fingers crossed.

Was expecting an Eagles victory tonight but Kings booked a decent guest in Howarth. It would seem the reserves and Lewi Kerr not taking a liking to the Kent track. Good to see Edward Kennett with a couple of race wins though. Hopefully Newman's shoulder is ok for Sat vs Scorpions. 

We went throught some monsoons to get there, parts of the M20 were flooded. Overall it was a good hard fought meeting. The crowd was decent as well, considering the weather.

Took a chance on the weather for this one - amazing there hadnt been any rain in Sittingbourne.

Pretty tame meeting to me .... Howarth was a very good guest and on a mission with some robust first bends, Gilkes was outstanding IMO but otherwise it was pretty much "From the Gate" stuff, which will be familiar to Arlington supporters. First "race"  of the nightwas Scott versus Ed in Heat 10.  Surprised that the Eastbourne youngsters Brennan and especially Kemp didn't do bettter.  Just Lawson and Kennett IMO prevented what might have been a much closer aggregate score. Touch of complacency maybe, or maybe the Eagles having their wings clipped by Leicester has undermined their confidence. 

Kent will limp on with R/R and a guest  and struggle to score 46 points to  win a league  match IMO ... cannot think Poole will be such a lacklustre lot as the Eagles tonight, with a dead KO Cup rubber to contest.  Central Park remains a fine stadium to watch speedway, but they still need to work on the  PA system, I could barely hear the announcer, missed several race heat times, which the announcer failed to repeat,  and the on track interviews with riders sounded like they wer coing through a drainpipe. 

I thought it was a meeting with many exciting races and showed with a good heat leader guest  Kyle Howorth,,,,we can get a result at home..with Hurry chipping in with some usefull points..getting fitter obviously ,making a difference...and the rest of the team battling hard for their points......But the star of the show  was young Dan Gilks who on tonights gutsy performance, is emerging as a top prospect for the future you could see the determination,,coupled with great style...obviously he is still learning and every night will not be as great but Kent are lucky to have him...Must agree with Old Bob on one point the sound system is terrible .they need a sound engineer to come and set it up right so the fans can understand what is being said,,...Amazingly the weather held up,,the gods must have been shining for a change......

• Like 1

Couldn't go as I was working however looking at the scores it shows what can be achieved when everyone rides to their potential and we have a decent 3rd heat leader..

17 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Took a chance on the weather for this one - amazing there hadnt been any rain in Sittingbourne.

Pretty tame meeting to me .... Howarth was a very good guest and on a mission with some robust first bends, Gilkes was outstanding IMO but otherwise it was pretty much "From the Gate" stuff, which will be familiar to Arlington supporters. First "race"  of the nightwas Scott versus Ed in Heat 10.  Surprised that the Eastbourne youngsters Brennan and especially Kemp didn't do bettter.  Just Lawson and Kennett IMO prevented what might have been a much closer aggregate score. Touch of complacency maybe, or maybe the Eagles having their wings clipped by Leicester has undermined their confidence. 

Kent will limp on with R/R and a guest  and struggle to score 46 points to  win a league  match IMO ... cannot think Poole will be such a lacklustre lot as the Eagles tonight, with a dead KO Cup rubber to contest.  Central Park remains a fine stadium to watch speedway, but they still need to work on the  PA system, I could barely hear the announcer, missed several race heat times, which the announcer failed to repeat,  and the on track interviews with riders sounded like they wer coing through a drainpipe. 

Old Bob of Herne Bay was watching a different meeting to me. Good close racing all evening and a win for the `Kings that nobody forecast. To be fair,

a big input from the guest, but that made up for some lost points to our Big Two.  It is arguable that when Cameron Heeps is fully fit, he will be scoring

similar figures. Ability-wise he is on a par with Howarth at normal times. Gilkes made all the difference with some very determined efforts. If he can keep up

this kind of performance he will end the season as a fully fledged heat leader.  I was puzzled by the choice of riders by Eastbourne for heat 15. The match was

lost to them at the end of heat 14 with that first win for Hurry ( who had a good night hampered by Lady Luck).  Why did they not use their top two ?

Looking at Old Bob's comments again.  I wonder what he expects if he thinks of this as a "tame" meeting ??  Still. he DID get out of his armchair !

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 10:23 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

As a big change from the beginning of the season, the P.A. system is now greatly improved and I could hear every word.  Only times that was difficult was

the odd occasion when bikes were running at the same time as announcements being made and that has always applied at every stadium I have ever been to.

I will admit that rider interviews weren't all that clear, but I have found that to be the case at other stadiums.  Most riders do not talk clearly enough as they are

not used to public speaking.  I don't care as long as they do their best on the track.

East end  fan i would like to know where you were in the stand as where i was sitting could hardly clearly hear any of it,, way to much base needs more top end on the system fans near me thought the same,,,,,,,,,,,on another point congratulations on Len Silver being inducted in to the speedway hall of fame,,personally i think he deserves a knighthood for services to Speedway....