British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Redcar vs Newcastle Fri 23 July

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Might have something to do with the fact he’s been poor getting out of the gate this year and is having to make extra effort to get to the front ?

The only ones gating up to now are Jenkins & Sarj 

33 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

The only ones gating up to now are Jenkins & Sarj 

Let’s see how they do tonight......oh, hang on!

Worst Newcastle team ever, appalling. Good crowd who hope aren't put off too much by the meeting which was anything but smooth.

Just one of those nights. Glad it could get through to 10 heats, but even that was a struggle.

Hope the injured lads are ok.

• Like 2

Shambles of a meeting!! 
Problems with the electrics, then ref couldn’t see because of the sun!!
Crashes and delays due to waiting for ambulance (obvs not Redcar’s fault).

People walking out while awaiting for heat 10 which was ran after the curfew as they had obviously had enough, or was sick of hearing Roy talk rubbish in cheering on his new favourite team! 

Delay after delay and any new fans unfortunately will not return.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Shambles of a meeting!! 

People walking out while awaiting for heat 10 which was ran after the curfew as they had obviously had enough, or was sick of hearing Roy talk rubbish in cheering on his new favourite team! 

Got to agree , i had a awful journey over due to traffic start of hols so should have known, track looked good no dust during first delay off to get food took 10 mins in a short queue to get served missed 2 races then ref cant see we could stood alongside his box, cant help delays over accidents so left at 21.50 with matty still down 3 hrs to get back to comet land nice to see roadworks on a66 late at night norn do that journey in 2 hrs ( sorry officer) but u know i enjoyed my night out and will do again when work allows.nice to see " hoggy" in the crowd the real voice of centre green men:t:or should that be " person" these days.rant over off to a weeding tomoz seeing family aint seen in ages living the dream eh .

Newcastle team is shocking a team full of second strings and reserves only plus is Roy not returning. 

Edited by pablo133

Just one of those night where things went wrong, no ones fault. Rider safety always takes precedence, which would also include the ref not being able to see because of the sun. The electrical fault was quickly solved and if it had happened on any other night would have caused only a short delay. I took a newbie and she fully enjoyed it, and she understood that it is a rare event for all those things to happen. I assume both teams agreed to run ht 10 to get a result. Redcar has an agreement with the Council to go over the curfew on the odd occasion. The racing we saw was good, and the track good. I hope the injured lads aren't too badly hurt.

Edited by redlead
  • Like 3

Gutter talk on way but its been a while since i took a " newbie"  think she enjoyed it:rofl:

• Haha 1

We are very lucky at Redcar to have an excellent promotion and that’s why it’s a shame Jitendra is standing down at the end of the season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Janice Jackson said:

Statement from Bears Promotion after the abandonment of last night's derby clash against Newcastle
https://buff.ly/3BLtoBp

A marvelous gesture from The Bears promotion, one of the best (if not the best) promotions in speedway. I'll be happy to pay full price for the next meeting, what happened on Friday was out of the promotions control. I agree with the sentiment of Yearbyred, Jitendra standing down will be a loss to The Bears and speedway, although I'm sure the remaining promotors will keep to the high standard Ben has set.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

Shambles of a meeting!! 

Was it the referee who was blinded by the light or his guide dog.:D

1 hour ago, Janice Jackson said:

Statement from Bears Promotion after the abandonment of last night's derby clash against Newcastle
https://buff.ly/3BLtoBp

Fair play to the Redcar promotion for doing that.

Fair play to Redcar for offering the crowd compensation fo the delays.

The reasons for delays get ever more inventive. 

Should they buy a pair of Raybans(other brands are available) for the refs box ?