British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Redcar vs Newcastle Fri 23 July

2 hours ago, Janice Jackson said:

Statement from Bears Promotion after the abandonment of last night's derby clash against Newcastle
https://buff.ly/3BLtoBp

Fair play for the statement and apology 

33 minutes ago, screm said:

Was it the referee who was blinded by the light or his guide dog.:D

Both by looks of it :D funny thing is he actually cleaned his window and put the 2 mins straight on practically.

6 hours ago, redlead said:

Just one of those night where things went wrong, no ones fault. Rider safety always takes precedence, which would also include the ref not being able to see because of the sun. The electrical fault was quickly solved and if it had happened on any other night would have caused only a short delay. I took a newbie and she fully enjoyed it, and she understood that it is a rare event for all those things to happen. I assume both teams agreed to run ht 10 to get a result. Redcar has an agreement with the Council to go over the curfew on the odd occasion. The racing we saw was good, and the track good. I hope the injured lads aren't too badly hurt.

If Redcar can run later than their curfew a  few times, why did they not run heat 11 at least (give Barker and Palm Toft a third ride). Remember Redcar and Richard Lawson complaining about that a few years back at Berwick (saying it's a long way to come for two races).

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Both by looks of it :D funny thing is he actually cleaned his window and put the 2 mins straight on practically.

Edit: I cleaned his window haha!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

Did you film yourself doing it. :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Can you do it before the meeting starts next time :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, screm said:

Was it the referee who was blinded by the light or his guide dog.:D

Thought it was Manfred Mann's Earthband......

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Are you George Formby?..

Speedway is a safety critical sport and fans are absolutely critical to speedway.

Enough medical cover to allow racing to continue when a rider gets injured should be a mandatory condition of the sport in my opinion. Finance would have to be raised by whatever means if this was the case.

To wait what must have been an hour or more for a county ambulance /paramedic while racing remained paralysed is in my opinion unacceptable and detrimental to people's perception of the sport, something which it has struggled with in recent seasons.

As well as a paramedic arriving, a large county ambulance also turned up some 15 to 20 minutes later.This was fortunate because it was still on site when Matty Wethers came to grief otherwise it may not have been possible to get a conclusion to the meeting.

The first paramedic who arrived had reportedly already taken Ben Cook to hospital.

I just wonder how long an ambulance would have been if Been Cook's injuries had been life threatening ?

8 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

I just wonder how long an ambulance would have been if Been Cook's injuries had been life threatening ?

If Ben Cook’s injuries had of been life threatening the ambulance that was already at the track would of taken him straight to hospital 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KEITH M said:

If Ben Cook’s injuries had of been life threatening the ambulance that was already at the track would of taken him straight to hospital 

Okay.

If this is the protocol agreed with the ambulance service then hypothetically it could influence attendance response times. Again the answer appears to be extra medical cover.

11 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Okay.

If this is the protocol agreed with the ambulance service then hypothetically it could influence attendance response times. Again the answer appears to be extra medical cover.

Medical Cover has always been a big issue in the sport,I’m  afraid it’s not going to change now given the expense and the dwindling crowd levels.Gone are the days where they stick them in a car and off to hospital.

Edited by Fromafar