British Speedway Forum
Col

Tigers v Panthers 22/07

Second trip to Owlerton for me this year, first for this Panthers septet I believe.  Can Panthers bounce back from home defeat to Belle Vue?  Is Jack Holder likely to be fit, if not who guests.

If jack Holder isn’t fit and Bachelor continues his woeful form Peterborough will win easy   We’ve rode our luck at home so far and percentages say we won’t get away with it every week. Hope we can beat Peterborough obviously but it will be our hardest meeting so far and I’m not confident. There’s been some strange results this season in this league and I expect it to continue. We need to make changes if we want to win the league. 

The wounded animals will find their gating gloves and take this one in the last heat after an awful night at the office last night. Let's just hope it's a racers track unlike our one against B.Vue...

5 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

If jack Holder isn’t fit and Bachelor continues his woeful form Peterborough will win easy   We’ve rode our luck at home so far and percentages say we won’t get away with it every week. Hope we can beat Peterborough obviously but it will be our hardest meeting so far and I’m not confident. There’s been some strange results this season in this league and I expect it to continue. We need to make changes if we want to win the league. 

Permanent changes absolutely necessary (starting with a reliable no.1), but the cupboard of able replacements looks pretty bare.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:49 AM, chrismorton said:

The wounded animals will find their gating gloves and take this one in the last heat after an awful night at the office last night. Let's just hope it's a racers track unlike our one against B.Vue...

Wouldn't hold to much hope for the track being perfect given the current heatwave and the fact there was a stock car meeting on the track on Sunday

On 7/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, Charlieboy said:

Might be some riders freed up in Poland shortly who fit the bill for number 1 

Pedersen, Bjerre, Fricke, Holder, Zagar, Lambert all likely to be available in a couple of weeks if not sooner.

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

I’d take pedersen

Agreed, Pedersen or Robert Lambert would do just nicely :-)

• Haha 1

On Panthers website     Nick Morris in for Jack Holder & Kyle Bickley for Josh Bates

Can’t see Bickley troubling the scorers unless he can beat Palin. Replacing Holder  is never going to be easy as he’s irreplaceable around Sheffield so can’t see Morris getting near what Jack would. Think our first defeat at home tonight is a possibility. Peterborough will be wounded from the Belle Vue meeting so not a good time to take them on. Hope I’m wrong and we can get another 3 points but I’m not confident. 

I can't understand how Sheffield keep using Bickley?

He will never trouble the scorers and was one of the most over-hyped 15 year olds in history!

Surely Drew Kemp with his track knowledge would've been a better shout or Leon Flint?

Can only see an away win tonight....

Must win meeting for the Panthers to get the confidence back.

If we cant beat a patched up Tigers side then I doubt we would trouble anyone in the play-offs tbh.

COYP a big bounce back performance needed.

Cant see us winning now, dont think Bickley has scored a point when guesting for us, and Morris wont replace Holders points

Only chane we have is if Batchelor turns up for once, so no real chance

30 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Cant see us winning now, dont think Bickley has scored a point when guesting for us, and Morris wont replace Holders points

Only chane we have is if Batchelor turns up for once, so no real chance

Bickley a on par replacement then.....;):P

Morris usually takes a couple of races before he gets going at Owlerton. Bickley is a useless guest for us, remember him guesting for us in the Championship  and getting 0 from 3 rides. He then came  with Workington a couple of weeks later and scored half a dozen. Same when he guested against Ipswich he just couldn't get anywhere near the other three riders and when he got 'filled in' riding behind Cookie he lost all interest in the meeting!  Don't hold out much hope this evening, just want them all to put some effort in so the fans get VFM.