British Speedway Forum
Col

Tigers v Panthers 22/07

Start or your screwed so far. Unlucky there, fancied a 5-1 but Bombers bike fails him again.

13 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I used to go to Sheffield regularly and the racing was excellent. I was just thinking I'm sure it used to be better than this. Maybe it will improve later.

I’ve been several times over the years on the promise of superb racing but in truth have always left disappointed.

not one pass past the 2nd bend in 7 heats. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruckerroo said:

What an overrated gaff this is, horrid

Used to be a fabulous track in the 1970's & 80's. Some of the England v USA test matches were tremendous.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

but Bombers bike fails him again.

One of life's 3 certainies along with death and taxes.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I'm sure I'm repeating myself but home teams shouldn't be allowed the TR, if you are half a dozen behind on your own track tough luck. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

It’s been bad for about the last 10 years or so, use to be great in the early 2000s when Wilson, Stonehewer etc were there.

although when Belle Vue were there few weeks ago it’s was bad for the first 10 heats and then last few heats were great but took long time to get going. 

Track looks bumpy and inconsistent, hardly likely to give confidence regardless of who the riders are. 

26 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It’s been bad for about the last 10 years or so, use to be great in the early 2000s when Wilson, Stonehewer etc were there.

although when Belle Vue were there few weeks ago it’s was bad for the first 10 heats and then last few heats were great but took long time to get going. 

That's when I used to go. Yes, it was really good. I reckon Scud Smith would liven things up! ☺

11 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Sam ffs that and poor racing nearly time to switch off 

Wealth of knowledge and experience. Great to see him and Jan back on TV.

Stock cars were there last weekend - in contrast to how they normally leave it, it looks positively smooth.

As has been said - racing at Owlerton used to be  superb, but bikes these days can’t handle the dirt that you need to make the lines around the outside work unfortunately.

Surely this is the last time we endure Batchelor. Please 

• Like 1