British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

GP 2021 rounds 5 and 6 Lublin Fri/Sat 6th/7th August live on BT Sport

19 minutes ago, eric i said:

Who is first reserve if Vaculik is out of the GPS?

Loktaev of the Ukraine 

• Like 1

The starts need to be looked at with riders from gates 1 & 4 often arrowing themselves to the other side of the track.

The FIM regulatoions read 70.10,5 bikes should be parallel to the inner edge. Maybe if this regulation was applied we would not have seen Ht 12 take so long & Martin Vaculik would be fit to race at Mallila.

All in all it was a poor display from one of the sports most senior Referees

Edited by Technik
add on

7 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

I thought Charlie Webster did a great job in the studio.

Along with the dirtometer, Kelvin now needs to introduce the shirtometer to monitor Scott's attire.

£90 each those shirts !

2 hours ago, Technik said:

starts need to be looked at with riders from gatThe es 1 & 4 often arrowing themselves to the other side of the track.

The FIM regulatoions read 70.10,5 bikes should be parallel to the inner edge. Maybe if this regulation was applied we would not have seen Ht 12 take so long & Martin Vaculik would be fit to race at Mallila.

All in all it was a poor display from one of the sports most senior Referees

I know a few have said Freddie should have been excluded for causing come togethers at the start     But as I see it, the race with Laguta on gate 1 and Freddie on 2, Laguta immediatley pulled to the right. If Freddie had gone for the corner there would have been a clash causing even more mayhem. By Freddie staying straight for a bit longer it saved the day, until the other two moved across and chaos.

How come there was a debate about the Zmarzlik Fricke finish? Don't the bikes have transponders on them? They were giving the race times for all riders down to a thousandth of a second

• Like 1

That was what Kelvin said; had they had the transponders now, it wouldn't have been an issue...

On 8/7/2021 at 9:25 PM, Falubaz said:

Yet it wasn't Lindgren fault?

In my opinion Lindgren is responsible for this crash and injury to Vaculik. Now and then he takes too many risks the way he is riding. Spectacular but dangerous. We want spectacular racing not crashes and injuries …. It seems that FL  doesn‘t care much about the other riders.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iainb said:

How come there was a debate about the Zmarzlik Fricke finish? Don't the bikes have transponders on them? They were giving the race times for all riders down to a thousandth of a second

The transponders were primarily used for the qualifying  comp- as that hasn`t happened in 2020 and 21 they are now probably not fitted.

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I was under the impression that they do have them. Isn’t that how they know whether a rider is on their A, B or C bike for the graphics before each heat ?

That's what I thought too... that and the fact that they're timing all riders to the thousandth of a second. 

If it's not a transponder the timekeeper must be on speed!

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

That's what I thought too... that and the fact that they're timing all riders to the thousandth of a second. 

If it's not a transponder the timekeeper must be on speed!

Yeah I think Tatum was wrong. Although of course transponders don’t necessarily tell you who has finished ahead. It is theoretically possible for a rider to actually be beaten technically (ie his wheel doesn’t touch the line first) but have a quicker time than the other guy in a tight finish and be awarded the placing. It’s possible for someone to be finishing faster than someone else and although his wheel isn’t first to the line his transponder could cross the line first if he’s accelerating quicker.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Yeah I think Tatum was wrong. Although of course transponders don’t necessarily tell you who has finished ahead. It is theoretically possible for a rider to actually be beaten technically (ie his wheel doesn’t touch the line first) but have a quicker time than the other guy in a tight finish and be awarded the placing. It’s possible for someone to be finishing faster than someone else and although his wheel isn’t first to the line his transponder could cross the line first if he’s accelerating quicker.

Good point, obscure but a good point none the less...

I think you should be able to calculate it with an algorithm though, if you know the distance of the transponder to the front wheel and factor in the speed and length of the track, but I'm no mathematician lol

How do they work anyway? Do you know?

Edited by iainb

interesting what sam masters said its like watching drag racing i have lost a lot of interest in the gp this season quite boring 

• Like 1

Interesting comment on Sayfutdinov‘s Facebook site „get well quick Martin Vaculik“. From Mr. Lindgren so far no comment at all …..?